Postings by Ice

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Other Barks & Woofs > Doggie doodles.
Ice

What's Cooler- Than Being Cool?- Ice Cold!

Barked: Sun Jun 30, '13 4:43pm PST 
We LOVE it! I'm not always fond of how poodles are drawn but this is perfect. Ice's smug face is amazing and so true to life. Thank you!
[notify]
» There has since been 42 posts. Last posting by Theodore aka Teddy **CGC**, Jul 23 11:48 am

Other Barks & Woofs > Doggie doodles.
Ice

Barked: Sat Jun 29, '13 9:59am PST 
Want! I'd love one of one or both poodles. Icy would be such a fun doodle with the moustache he's rocking at the moment!
My flickr with a ton of photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/agilestandard/
[notify]
» There has since been 45 posts. Last posting by Theodore aka Teddy **CGC**, Jul 23 11:48 am

Behavior & Training > Multi-dog homes and aggression between dogs?

Ice

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 3:35pm PST 
The dogs I have now mostly tolerate each other, not much playing to speak of. When Boomer was still alive, she hated Lola but she knew better than to act on it. The few times they got into it, Lola started it but Boomer was damn sure she'd finish it laugh out loud.
Part of my job involves regularly staying with a rotating cast of Havanese plus one cressted and the occasional frenchie. My boss is a breeder and some of the dogs are off at handlers but there are always at least Eight at the house. Their age range is anywhere from 10 weeks to 7 years with the occasional litter of puppies. Mostly bitches, with one male crested that is a permanent resident and usually an adolescent male hav hanging around. Those dogs have the least amount of training on them that they can and still live insidelaugh out loud. Somehow, they ALL get along, no squabbles with toys and bones all over the place. I haven't figured out how it works yet and I've been staying extended periods with them for well over a year.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Jan 24 10:54 am

Behavior & Training > Bitey Poodle.

Ice

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '13 8:42pm PST 
And you are most welcome for the song lyrics. I wouldn't have named him Ice if I'd know I'd be singing that and Ice Ice Baby for the rest of his life.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 2 3:22 am

Ice

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '13 8:40pm PST 
It isn't just when the bumper is in my hands Rexy, in dockdiving the bumper is in the pool.

Thanks for your response Trigger, Ice was with his breeder and at least one littermate until he was a year old, so I doubt that's it. His mother and grandmother both pull the bitey hand crap though. My training style is largely positive with a healthy dose of whatever works. I think your last option sounds like the most realistic, as he is desperate to please.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 2 3:22 am

Ice

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '13 5:29pm PST 
Ice is an amazingly biddable dog, would do anything for a bumper throw or a good rough pat. His only behavioral issue is his inability to close his mouth when he's excited. He's bitten my thigh pretty badly, going for a tennis ball, and gets my hands all the time when we're playing with the bumper. I'm not willing to stop playing tug or anything like that, since that's a fairly big part of his training. Another mouthy issue is that sometimes he's just really excited and swings his head around with his mouth open. At our last dockdiving event, he got so wound up on the dock that he was spinning and screaming with his mouth wide and I had to pull him from finals because I really didn't want him to slice me open on the dock. This REALLY isn't an aggressive bite thing, much more that he is just so incredibly excited. Right now, I remove him from the source of excitement and make him calm down before he is allowed to do anything else.
I'm working with a trainer, obviously, but I was looking for some outside input. I love his drive and excitement, and I'd rather not cut down on that.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jan 2 3:22 am

Behavior & Training > An Article on Walking Your Dog

Ice

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 1:55pm PST 
First of all, the word reactive drives me bonkers. Do we not want our dogs to react to stimuli? Everybody and their brother has a "reactive" dog. I was walking the poodles the other day and a small dog ran out barking at us. His owner followed and she said "Oh, he's reactive. I'll get him". No... your dog was being a jerk and picking him up and taking him back into the house isn't doing a damn thing for him
As for the article, It's one of the better ones. Just get out there and do stuff with your dog. Common Sense,I'd say, nothing revolutionary. I can't count how many people have said "Well we try to walk him but... he's scared" or "he pulls" or "he won't walk." If you can't walk your dog in your neighbourhood but you have time to take them to do other things? That's great. But if you live with the dogs I do, you'd have to go do something everyday. Driving the dogs to the lake or to the park every day just isn't possible. So they suck it up and we go for walks. Boomer too, she was my dog that had issues with other dogs on walks. Eventually, she got over it. Dogs are great like that, if we don't coddle them.
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Tiller (Skansen's Ira in the M, Sep 12 10:34 am

Small Dogs > Can boy dogs wear a little bit of Pink?

Ice

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 12:47pm PST 
I try not to force gender stereotypes on my dogs. They really could care less.
[notify]
» There has since been 36 posts. Last posting by Samson, Dec 11 6:46 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Designer Crosses

Ice

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 8:30pm PST 
I'm confused about people that "hate" poodles or the way they look. All you get is a doofier looking version with less smarts when you mix them... Maybe I'm biased.
[notify]
» There has since been 42 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Jul 12 2:45 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > question about red spoodles
Ice

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 2:14pm PST 
Once upon a time, True Red Standard poodles had gone extinct and the land wept. By the land, I mean people that like red poodles. Around 1980 Shangri La and Palmares started breeding large Red minis with small apricot standards in order to reintroduce the Red color in standards. So, all red standards today can be traced back to those two kennels.
Check out Shangri La, Marquis Diamond and Louter Creek Hunting Poodles.

Blacks and Whites have the best coat, and are the most common in the show ring because of that.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sonja, Apr 26 8:16 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.