Postings by Sugar

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Food & Nutrition > New puppy not eating
Sugar

Ooh ooh, can we- PLEASE go on a- walk!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 6:08pm PST 
Thanks guys! She ate fine this morning and seems fine. We actually found her owners, but they basically are either going to let us keep her or give her away to someone else. They said she has never been to the vet and only had one "puppy shot" at home. If we keep her, she will be going to the vet very soon.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sugar, Jan 22 6:08 pm

Food & Nutrition > New puppy not eating
Sugar

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 1:51pm PST 
We recently found a pointer mix puppy on the side of the road. We haven't found her owners yet, and are considering keeping her. We found her in the evening on 1/15. She is older (we are guessing anywhere from 5-8 months), so she has just been eating the TOTW we had for our dogs. She loved it and ate plenty until last night. She ate some pieces of cheese for training at about nine last night but ignored her usual dinner. This morning she still wouldn't eat it. I mixed her dry food with some 4-health canned food we have had in the cupboard for a while and she hardly sniffed it. I can't think of anything she could have eaten that would male her sick. Any advice? I am getting worried!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sugar, Jan 22 6:08 pm

Behavior & Training > Analee is getting sassy, what do I do?

Sugar

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 3:58pm PST 
Sugar is about 12 years old, and her and Sabrina both usually sleep in the garage during summer. They have plenty of nice beds and blankets, fresh water, and that's where they are fed in the mornings. It is a good temperature and they are free to go outside to go potty or scare off any chicken-snatching raccoons as they please. However, in winter they are allowed to sleep upstairs because it gets too cold. Sugar usually has no issue going downstairs with me any other time, in fact, they usually follow me where ever I go. But as soon as Fall comes, when we call her to go to bed, she will turn her head from us and try to look as pathetic and helpless as she possibly can. After some coaxing or a biscuit she usually can be convinced, although there have been a few times where I had to physically pick her up. She has never growled or snapped at us though, and we have always used positive reinforcement. I guess she just wants to see if she can get her way. shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jan 16 6:17 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Favorite Doodle?

Sugar

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 1:51pm PST 
It's hard for me to have a favorite "doodle" when they are all a bunch of overpriced mutts from money-grubbing backyard breeders. I wonder what they will come up with next. silenced
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Nov 30 6:21 pm

Senior Dogs > Things That Make Your Senior Young Again

Sugar

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 9:21am PST 
Sugar will sleep almost all day at, and she is (about) 11 1/2 years old. However, a nice walk, a bully stick, an RMB, treats, and a quality time with her people really cheer her up. It is sad to watch her walk stiffly after waking up, or sleep so much. After almost losing her last year to marijuana poisoning (from our wonderful (sarcasm) neighbors when she got out, long story), I really learned to treasure every moment. Now Sabrina too is 6 1/2, but she is still very active. I love my elderly doggies!
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Cosmos and Bailey, Apr 15 5:39 pm

Food & Nutrition > Is ToTW really the best?
Sugar

Barked: Wed Nov 21, '12 5:31pm PST 
Our dogs eat TOTW. I rotate between all the flavors, and they do well on them all. They are eating High Prairie right now, but they like Pacific Stream the best. Sugar's allergies have disappeared, and for almost 12, she has a lot of energy. My only complaint is that if I don't feed them yogurt for a few days, they start to get very gassy.

I don't think it is the *best*, but it's a very good quality food for a very reasonable price. Only $34 here for a large bag. It works for us!
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Sparkles, Dec 12 4:33 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Gender Preference??

Sugar

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 3:41pm PST 
We have two female dogs right now (lab mix and chihuahua mix), and my parents have a female golden retriever that visits sometimes. I don't really have a preference though, both are great in my opinion. I think I might go for a male dog next time, but all those shelter dogs just tug at my heart, so whatever comes along really. I try to judge a dog by personality and nothing else! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 45 posts. Last posting by Kip & Oogie, Nov 26 4:24 pm

Dog Health > Why is my dog licking so much.

Sugar

Barked: Wed Jul 4, '12 10:25am PST 
Sugar used to do this literally all the time, she would wake up abruptly from a nap and go right back at it. She would also chew on them with her front teeth. It was when we used to feed Purina dog chow. I knew there could be a lot of things causing it, but I switched to TOTW when I learned just how bad Purina was, but also in hopes of getting rid of Sugar's allergies.

Coincidence or not, Sugar stopped itching about a month after the switch. However, when my grandparents bring their golden over, Sugar loves to steal some food. Quite predictably, she will start chewing her feet the next day.

There are also a lot of environmental allergens, or something else entirely that could be causing it too. You could have him tested for allergies I think, but sometimes it's a lot of causes you can't really control. Grass is also a common one. You might also try washing his feet. Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sugar, Jul 4 10:25 am

Dog Health > Blood in urine?

Sugar

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 2:59pm PST 
Thanks for the replies everyone. I have seen her go potty 3 times now, and there hasn't been any blood since. It's really odd, maybe she did just scratch herself?? shrug I will keep watching her, but she seems perfectly fine now. I am really relieved, and hope it was nothing! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali, Jul 2 3:04 pm

Dog Health > Blood in urine?
Sugar

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '12 5:51pm PST 
We just got back from our camping trip, and it seems that Sugar is sick again. frown She was rolling in the dirt at our camp site, and we noticed there was some blood down there. There was a lot of sharp branches and rocks where we were at, so we thought she might have scratched herself. About an hour later, I saw her pee and there was definitely blood in it. She didn't act like she was in any pain though. Truthfully, I probably wouldn't have even noticed if she didn't have to be leashed all the time at our campsite.

I hope it is just stones or a UTI, but I keep thinking she might have kidney damage or something worse from when she ate our neighbors marijuana (and possibly some pesticides too) earlier this month. I am probably just being paranoid though, I still haven't gotten over the last incident!Other than this, she has recovered 100% though. We will schedule an appointment with the vet, but of course the office is already closed. Do you think it would be safe to wait until Monday? Thank you everyone!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kali, Jul 2 3:04 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.