Postings by Cheveyo

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Dog Health > Anyone use organic/natural options for preventives ? (flea/tick/heartworm) black walnut for HW?
Cheveyo

I'm a Spirit- Warrior I WANT- LIFE!!!

Barked: Fri Aug 23, '13 8:20pm PST 
I have used a stuff called PetPride No Flea for the last three years on my dogs. You put it either in the food or the water and it kills and repels fleas and ticks by making the blood of the dog or cat toxic to the pests. When my husband and I first got our late doberman Katana we put him on it the day we got him and when he went to the vet a month later he was heartworm tested and the test was negative. He had never been on any type of heart worm meds before. So far this year all my dogs have been free of heartworm and we are still using the No Flea. The vet thinks it might be what is keeping the heartworm carriers away too.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cookie, Aug 24 6:40 pm

Food & Nutrition > Tips for Slowing a Speed Demon - Speed eating and gulping.
Cheveyo

Barked: Wed Apr 3, '13 7:33am PST 
I would try the go slow bowl for her. It has three raised nubs on the bottom of the bowl that the dog has to eat around instead of gulping down her food.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Bullie, Apr 15 11:09 pm

Behavior & Training > Commands Without Speaking

Cheveyo

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 12:47pm PST 
Some of my dogs know that a snap of my fingers and a point to a spot beside me when we are walking and we stop for a second, means that they need to come to that spot and sit. They have learned this just by me working with the snap and a word or two at first then the snap and point with the word then phasing out the word. Its mainly Tundra,Drizzit,Cheveyo and Tank that know this right now but I am working with Hailie and Belladonna.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Nicky, Jan 14 1:16 pm

Dog Health > Can't Decide When to Neuter

Cheveyo

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '12 9:07pm PST 
Depending on the size of the dog. I have three intact medium/large breed males on the premises right now one is supposed to only be here for a week. They are 15 month old Cheveyo and 7 month old brothers Tank and Mojo. Cheveyo is a husky boxer mix and has never marked nor has he humped. He will be getting neutered soon and Tank will be getting done after he turns a year old in January. Mojo will be the same if he stays with us. He is here for a sleep over with his brother Tank after Mojo went to a new home where he was starved but given water for about three weeks. We also have three small breed dogs here who are intact as well they belong to a family member who is in jail and asked us to care for his dogs. Psycho is a 6 year old Boston Terrier and Topaz and Blaze are his sons from an accidental breeding that was too far along for the abort spay. Topaz and Blaze will be getting neutered this month when their mom and sisters go in for their spay along with my three females and Cheveyo.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Samson, Sep 4 8:46 am

Behavior & Training > Shutting up late night barking doesn't pay off

Cheveyo

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 10:14pm PST 
when my grandmother was alive she always told my grandfather that when the dogs barked never yell at them to shut up to always go see what they were barking at. Grandmother was half blind because of her sugar. Well one week night grandfather went to bible study and left grandmother alone at home. She had a German Shepherd named Snookie there to keep her company and about an hour after grandfather left Snook started barking. Grandmother went to see what she was barking about and because she was nearly blind (grandmother not the dog) she ran her hand along Snooks head to see which way she was looking she ended up shooting at someone that night who was trying to steal fuel oil from their tank. Grandfather dug the shell out of the outhouse the next morning and told grandmother he would never argue with her again.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cheveyo, Jul 11 10:14 pm

Dogs & Travel > Rant Rant Rant!!
Cheveyo

Barked: Wed Jul 4, '12 4:00pm PST 
I rarely if ever leave my dogs in the car in this heat unless I'm running in to pay for fuel. However the other day I did call animal services when I came out of a Denny's and found a dog locked in a truck with out the engine running and all the windows up. It was over 100 degrees out that day and I didn't see even a portable water bowl in the truck. I know the engine wasnt running because the truck was parked next to the car I was driving. They sent an officer out right away but the people had already left when the officer got there
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cheveyo, Jul 4 4:00 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Neighbors dogs allowed to run at large but neighbors threaten Cheveyo's life if he barks.

Cheveyo

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '12 4:02pm PST 
Where we moved to most of the neighbors have dogs that are never contained to the owners property. These dogs have tried to attack several people and I have nearly ran one of them over because it ran out in front of my vehicle. These owners have had AC called on them and AC refuses to do anything. Cheveyo has been out on a tie out while we are out in the yard working on cleaning it up and if these other dogs come near our yard he barks at them. There were a few nights that we had to be away from home till very late and Cheveyo was in a dog run. The assistant Fire Chief lives right across from us and if he or his wife have a problem they come talk to us. However our next door neighbor has threatened to shoot Cheveyo saying that he barks all night long. Plus the neighbor behind us lets her puppy run at large and Cheveyo was on the tie out while we were outside a couple weeks ago and her dog came onto our property and was tearing up the trash Cheveyo wanted to play with the other puppy but the owner said he tried to attack her dog. I know he didnt because we were right there with him. The neighbor threatened to kill him. Can they get away with killing him for no reason while other dogs run at large and they do nothing to them?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 23 4:19 pm

Puppy Place > Name suggestion, please.

Cheveyo

Barked: Thu Feb 9, '12 2:02pm PST 
What about Princess or Queen?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Luke, Feb 10 5:42 am

Dog Health > Dog's biggest enemy is the Parvo

Cheveyo

Barked: Thu Dec 29, '11 10:47am PST 
Years ago we had a pup he was 5months old and a mutt at that part aussie part basset hound and part golden but he was not exposed in the way that most dogs are. He was exposed when a friend walked through a person's yard whose dogs had had parvo and they didnt tell anyone. They adopted several dogs from the local shelter and with in hours the pups were starting to get sick. But when my dog got sick at first we thought it was just the heat because it was REALLY hot but when he didnt eat we knew something was wrong cause he was a big chow hound. We rushed him to the vet and they told us what he had. They gave me a choice to treat him or put him down.I started to tell them to put him down but when he looked at me I said to try and save him. The vet shoved two pills down his throat then a yellow pasty looking stuff after that and gave me some antibiotics to give him twice a day and had me keep him confined away from the other dogs for a period of two weeks. I kept water down for him and kept newspapers down for him to potty on. I cleaned them up several times a day and kept rubbing alcohol and bleach by the door to that room so that every time I left that room I could clean up so that the other dogs didnt get it. The pup survived and although he lost a lot of weight he quickly got better and the person who made him sick offered to pay the bill even though the vet only charged us $30.00 to treat him cause thats all we had to spend.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Dec 29 7:06 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Dogs traveling in cars w/o proper restraints...*VENT
Cheveyo

Barked: Thu Dec 15, '11 10:19pm PST 
In our state there is a law that says that a dog MUST be in a plastic crate in the back of an open pickup. The police dont bother to enforce it though which I think is a shame. Our dogs ride either in crates or in seat belt harnesses. Katatna rides in his crate but the others ride in the harness so that they are safe. We are looking for a barrier or we are going to make one that we can fit in our Montero behind the back seats as the third row seats are swing seats that can be folded up and lock in place over the fender wells so they are out of the way.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Milton, Jan 8 1:47 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.