Postings by Augusta, CGC, RN

GO!

(Page 1 of 123: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Is there another dog forum we can ALL move to?
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Fri Jan 17, '14 1:23pm PST 
"On top of that, even though I am technically breaking that rule already...but there is an option on Facebook to report an account solely because it is a "pet" account."

@Cobain, I'm not sure what the difference between an account and creating a page, but under "create a page" option, FB has a choice of artist, band etc. and a subheading under that is pet

--so we can have a pet page--is it that you can't friend with pages, only receive likes, is that why it wouldn't work?
[notify]
» There has since been 506 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

Behavior & Training > Is there another dog forum we can ALL move to?
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Fri Jan 17, '14 1:03am PST 
I know many people have become FB friends from Dogster but it is weird how different and cool it is posting as your dog and being called by your dog's name. It's like a secret alter ego that is entwined with your dog. I do like Moose's idea of somehow keeping that up as a dog profile on facebook if we can't find a central forum that's as cool as Dogster. But even facebook seems so scattered with it's various groups. . . confused

Heck I'm even going to miss the silly emoticons . . .shrughamster dancemeditate:
[notify]
» There has since been 537 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

Behavior & Training > Why do dog owners never seem to teach their dogs boundaries and manners?

Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Fri Jan 10, '14 6:34pm PST 
Lupi! big laugh Hilarious!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Hucky and Ringo, Jan 16 11:26 am

Behavior & Training > Why do dog owners never seem to teach their dogs boundaries and manners?

Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Wed Jan 1, '14 6:34am PST 
I agree, it depends on your priorities. My priorities are that they walk well on leash, and aren't pests in public. One goes to work with me, and she's friendly and charming, people love her and thus she's welcome. She's naturally gentle with little kids. She does beg, but her number one default move is to sit for food, so she doesn't pester or whine, she just patiently hopes. And it works, the guys at work enjoy giving her a bit of food . .. and that further reinforces her to sit politely at people rather than jump on them. To me that would be a great thing for all dogs to be in the habit of . .. thinking that sitting is their best bet for charming a stranger.

They don't bolt out doors, but it's never occurred to me to drill them to resist never going out an open door until given permission. If I opened the door and left it that way, it's to specifically for them to go into a safely fenced yard and come back in . . .

Food on the floor, eh--they're my clean up crew, if I drop food on the floor, I'm not going to eat it, and it makes their day to get it . .. win win.way to go Isn't that the whole history of the dog/human relationship? We eat, they hope to get some scraps?

I believe it's right there in chapter one, section one of the Dog Code--"Never leave a calorie behind."
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Hucky and Ringo, Jan 16 11:26 am

Behavior & Training > DA Pitbull, I'm not sure how to handle her!

Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Fri Dec 27, '13 5:40pm PST 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WbIqtcFdh8
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Dec 27 5:40 pm

Behavior & Training > Teaching a kid to ride a dog??...WHAT???
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Tue Dec 17, '13 8:02am PST 
Yep here ya go, the pics on Blacky's page are old . .. .here's a video that was posted on Youtube in 2009 and at 55 seconds you can see the same girl in red shorts on the Newfie . . ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98fxCgedxnE#t=41
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Dec 17 3:12 pm

Behavior & Training > Teaching a kid to ride a dog??...WHAT???

Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Tue Dec 17, '13 7:47am PST 
Not that it makes it any better, but I suspect Blacky's photos are swiped and the person posting as Blacky made up a profile. Nothing about the profile reads like normal things a dog owner would put up, if ya know what I mean. The old website that Pippin linked to is no longer out there, but I swear those kids look familiar, like they were in those original photos from years ago.

It's obviously a dumb thing to "exercise" a dog by having him ridden by children, esp. oversized ones at that. Just because one can cite other bad forms of exercise for dogs, doesn't mean choosing another bad form is o.k., duh!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Dec 17 3:12 pm

Behavior & Training > Messing with me.

Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Mon Dec 16, '13 6:00pm PST 
Beanie! laugh out loud That couldn't have been much better . .. unless he'd been on top of your head like glasses the whole time . . . .big laugh
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Moose, Dec 17 9:36 am

Behavior & Training > Considering purchasing 2 Dobermans opinions or and advice?

Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Mon Dec 16, '13 5:55pm PST 
Bump, just to get past the annoying spam! hamster dancehamster dance
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Dec 16 5:55 pm

Behavior & Training > Getting picky or just eating less?
Augusta,- CGC, RN

Such a Good Dog!

Barked: Mon Dec 16, '13 5:49pm PST 
I'd experiment, eating the exact same thing for 10 years, maybe she's just not interested and/or the company could have changed the formula a bit recently. You don't want to change too suddenly, but I know many people believe it's healthy to rotate dog foods . . ..

I'd certainly top off kibble with some canned food. I dunno, life is short, I think a dog should have food they really love (measured out for correct weight maintenance, of course) and will finish in one meal.

I've found my dog likes some of the premium brands of kibble like Natural Balance, but wouldn't touch other brands like Professional.... and she's a food hound, so I figured if she was picky about it, it wasn't all that great tasting.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Dec 16 5:49 pm

(Page 1 of 123: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.