Postings by Bella

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

American Pit Bull Terrier > Red muzzle
Bella

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 3:16am PST 
Hi

Does anyone else's dog get redness around the nose and mouth? If you look at Bella's page, the smiley pic, you can see what I mean. It's intermittent and Im pretty sure it's not an allergy. Just wondering if it was a pitbull thing?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bella, Oct 29 3:16 am

American Pit Bull Terrier > Bully Toys...Woof
Bella

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 2:10am PST 
Hiya, Bella has only managed to keep the black kong intact for any length of time. We tried a special toy from USA which were supposed to be tested on tigers but they were shredded in no time!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bella, Jan 4 2:10 am

American Pit Bull Terrier > Were you once a 'nonbeliever'? Scared of the breed? Share your story!

Bella

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '12 9:33am PST 
Love her so much I posted twice LOL cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Dyno, Feb 10 3:54 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Were you once a 'nonbeliever'? Scared of the breed? Share your story!

Bella

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '12 9:32am PST 
Ashamed to say I believed all the hype and was terrified of pit bulls and would never consider owning one. Found Bella in the street took her home without really thinking about it and fell in love. Now I'm proud to be a pit bull owner and love to tell everyone about her and how wonderful she is cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Dyno, Feb 10 3:54 pm

Dog Health > Cysts on uterus?

Bella

Barked: Wed Apr 11, '12 9:33am PST 
Well having got second opinion she did have pyometra and vet said she was so ill he didn't know if she was strong enough for the op. Thankfully she was fine. He showed me the uterus and it was full of mucus. She is now on antibiotics -zindolin and it has now been 12days. We were back twice this morning as the wound is not healing and he had to put in 3stitches because fatty tissue was coming out from the wound. I thought her intestines were falling out!! She is eating well but just can't get the wound to heal. She now has a collar to stop her licking it so hopefully that will help. Lots of fluid still leaking out the wound, vet says it's normal and just needs time to dry up.

Thanks for all your replies. Fingers crossed! She goes back next wednesday.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Apr 11 4:15 pm

Bella

Barked: Sat Nov 26, '11 8:07am PST 
wow I'm really stunned at your replies. I had no idea it was usual to remove the uterus. My vet said he never does? when he said she had an infection I asked if he needed to open her up again and take out the uterus but he said no. I will def. consult another vet. I just want her to be well -she's had such a hard life and is so loving despite it all. Thank you all for your replies.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Apr 11 4:15 pm

Bella

Barked: Thu Nov 24, '11 9:11am PST 
Hi all - just got back from vet with Bella as I thought she might have had a UTI - she's drinking lots of water put only passing small amounts of urine and pees 3 or 4 times on a walk with just little or nothing coming out. She also has a mucus discharge.

The vet gave her ultrasound and said she looks like she has cysts on her uterus. He did not remove the uterus when she was spayed. He said he considered it but decided not to as he doesn't usually. However she now appears to have this problem. He mentioned pyometra at first but then said she didn't have that (thankfully). She's on antibiotics - metronidazole - 2 tablets twice a day and he said he would use something to break the cyst down as a last resort.

Has anyone elses dog has this? Bella was spayed a few months back and we had terrible trouble with her wound after. She just seems to have one thing after another!

I can't find any information about cysts on the uterus in dogs anywhere. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Bella's mum
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Apr 11 4:15 pm

Behavior & Training > Turning on other dogs

Bella

Barked: Sat Oct 22, '11 10:34am PST 
Thank you - that sounds like something we could try. What seems to trigger it is when I let them all out the yard to go for a walk. They are all hugely excited and running about, yelling etc so it is a bit manic. For now I put the lead on her first, tie her up and then let the others out. I will try what you suggest and see how it goes.
thanks applause
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Dr. Watson, Oct 23 1:05 pm

Dog Health > Query re spaying

Bella

Barked: Mon Oct 10, '11 1:55am PST 
Hi everyone - thank you for taking the time to respond to my query. I'm pleased to say that Bella has healed up perfectly now and the scar is fading. She is completely back to normal with no side effects at all. I believe she did have an infection which the vet just didn't want to tell me about.

frown
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Buddy, Oct 11 8:56 am

Dog Health > Query re spaying
Bella

Barked: Thu Sep 22, '11 2:18am PST 
Hi Adam - she's been on antibiotics (pills) for two weeks now and she was injected every second day so that was about 4 or 5 times. In fact her leg went sore from all the injections and she was limping for a day or two.

Now she has what looks like mastitis or an engorged nipple. It is incredibly swollen and looks filled with blood. It looks fit to burst. Had her back at the vet (more injections) and he said not to worry about it - let her keep licking it and take her back Monday if I'm still worried!

I will put on hot compresses and see if I can massage it at all - she still has her appetite and last night didn't seem worried about it but at the vet this morning when he tried squeezing it she snapped so its obviously painful.

Poor Bella, she's really suffering at the moment. I wonder whether it would have been better not getting her spayed and just having her on injections to stop her coming into season. She seems to have suffered a lot with this op!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Buddy, Oct 11 8:56 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.