Postings by Tipper

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Behavior & Training > Is there anything to the dominant/submissive theory?
Tipper

The puppy on the- Stairs.

Barked: Mon Oct 21, '13 8:37pm PST 
Onyx, I agree with you. It does seem that some dogs and some people for that matter are more submissive or more assertive in their personality.

When talking about dominance and submission I think we have to make sure we are talking about personality types. I don't think the old training method ala Cesar is accurate or even helpful, but I do think that dogs, people, horses.....do have personalities that can be more outgoing, introverted, assertive, patient....and the personality would affect the creatures behavior.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Oct 31 10:11 pm

Behavior & Training > Thumping with tail for attention.
Tipper

Barked: Sun Oct 20, '13 11:56am PST 
Tipper is a thumper. When she wants something, wants attention, wants to go out, is begging....she will find something to thump her tail on. If she wants to wake me up she will thump on the dressing table. if she wants in, she will thump on the door.

I used to think is was a fluke, she has a long muscular tail, but I have seen her position herself to make her tail thump. Tipper seems like a silly airhead a lot of the time, but I wonder if she isn't brilliant and is just pretending to be a "simple dog"?

Anyone else have a dog that signals by thumping or some other odd sound or action?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tia, Oct 21 10:24 pm

Behavior & Training > Is there anything to the dominant/submissive theory?

Tipper

Barked: Sat Oct 19, '13 4:12pm PST 
???? I sometimes will run up to a closed door and put my belly up because I know Pip is on the other side. I never fight, and actually seem to look for opportunities to put my belly up. I am not frightened or abused but I sure seem to have a submissive personality. (dogality?)
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Oct 31 10:11 pm

Puppy Place > Anyone care to guess what breed/s Duncan is?

Tipper

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 10:54am PST 
I'll bet you are the exact same breed as me. I am a certified, 100% pure....(drum roll please) God Only Knows or GOK for short. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Duncan, May 1 3:38 am

Dog Health > care after spay

Tipper

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 8:42am PST 
The glue worked well for me. Talk to your vet about your concerns, also ask if anyone is at the office to monitor the animals overnight. If not, I would insist on taking her home.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Lexus, Feb 25 12:41 pm

Dog Health > I need some help!
Tipper

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 8:26pm PST 
Tipper likes carrots. Also some dogs do a lot better on a grain free or at least corn free dog food.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jobi, Jan 12 7:05 am

Dog Health > Advise needed on front dew claws

Tipper

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 3:25pm PST 
a floppy dew claw isn't the same as removing a solid one. I had a floppy dew claw on one of my front legs. It was removed when I was spayed. I had a couple of stitches and a bandage, but never took a lame step and didn't seem to be in any pain.

As long as your vet is experienced with putting your breed under anesthesia, it should be fine. If you are planning to be neutered the procedures could be done together.

I would think having them removed would be a lot less painful then a sore infected dew claw.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kashmir ♥ CGC, Dec 22 8:10 pm

Dog Health > dew claws

Tipper

Barked: Thu Nov 22, '12 10:19am PST 
I had a floppy loose dew claw on a front leg. Weird, it was removed when I was spayed and I never noticed.

If, on the other hand, the dew claws are attached by bone, it is a bigger deal to remove and should be weighed carefully before going ahead.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ty, Nov 23 4:09 pm

Dog Health > dew claws - removing in older puppy?

Tipper

Barked: Thu Sep 20, '12 3:40am PST 
I had a floppy one removed when I was spayed. Went well, no problem. Talking to your vet is a good idea. Good luck with the surgery and get well soon.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ty, Sep 21 9:46 am

Dog Health > Declaw removal questions
Tipper

Barked: Sat Sep 15, '12 7:55am PST 
I had a hanging,no bone, dew claw removed when I was spayed at 6 months. I had a suture and a bandage. No swelling and it was well within a few days.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tipper, Sep 15 7:55 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.