Postings by Dali

GO!

Australian Shepherd > Exercise suggestions for dysplastic Aussie?

Dali

Cow Dog School- Flunk Out

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 7:20pm PST 
My Aussie was just currently diagnosed with moderate dysplasia, and I noticed it since I am in school to be a vet tech. I have taken many steps to research all I can, along with talking to my very helpful vet, on how to help my almost 2yr old female not be in so much pain. Hip/Joint supplements and moderate excercising helps. I take my girl on 20 minute walks 2x a day. I would do a lot of research based upon how severe the condition is. My vet told me the more toned and in shape the back legs are the better.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Feb 27 8:10 am

Sports & Agility > Q's about running for beginners, people and dogs.
Dali

Cow Dog School- Flunk Out

Barked: Wed Feb 15, '12 7:58pm PST 
I am just starting out with my weightloss journey, and I would like to help my dog release some of her herding dog energy. She just turned 1 in January, she is a working line Aussie who weighs around 35-40 lbs. When we go to dog park she seems to be able to run circles around most of the dogs there all day. I would only start out doing at least a mile or so a day and work up. I just dont want to over work her. Please help!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Feb 17 8:56 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.