Postings by Zib

GO!

Senior Dogs > Balling up rugs?

Zib

Barked: Tue Apr 10, '12 12:40pm PST 
Everyone, thanks so much for sharing. It really makes me feel better about my little bug.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Nov 17 3:24 am

Senior Dogs > Balling up rugs?
Zib

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 7:40am PST 
In the last few months my dog Zoe has been balling up the mats in the bathroom. She doesn't doesn't pee on them, just scratches them up in a heap. I always make sure she has plenty of chances to go out so I don't believe it's related to a need to go to the bathroom (sometimes she'll do it shortly after going out). And it doesn't appear to be related to me being away from home.

This really isn't a problem for me but I worry that she's uncomfortable or unhappy. She lost her hearing a while back and her vision is somewhat diminished too. But she still loves to go for a walk and sniff her way around the block.

Has anyone run across this with a senior dog? Perhaps it's just a personality quick and if so that's fine. It's not destructive and I can simply straighten the rugs out with a quick shake. As I say, I just worry that maybe something is bothering her that I don't know about.

Thanks for any thoughts!
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Nov 17 3:24 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.