GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Dog Health > Ears, any advice?
Mihkoa

Puppy Mill- Product. Pet- Shop Survivor.

Barked: Mon Jan 13, '14 8:26pm PST 
Mihkoa has earmites right now. From barn cats which we have 2 of. She's 10 and its the first time ever.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Kali, Jan 15 5:33 pm

Dog Health > Ears, any advice?
Mihkoa

Barked: Mon Jan 13, '14 9:24am PST 
I'd say mites. We dealing with them here now too. I got the otc stuff at petsmart and its slow going. Very rx is stronger.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Kali, Jan 15 5:33 pm

Dog Health > poor old girl. advice?

Mihkoa

Barked: Mon Jan 13, '14 9:22am PST 
I think we just needed something stronger for the mites. Cats were treated. I need to talk to the vet about her bone health. Seems strange to break a toe like that just going outside.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 13 9:22 am

Dog Health > Comfortis fleat treatment - AWFUL side effects !

Mihkoa

Barked: Fri Jan 10, '14 7:57pm PST 
Comfortis is the only thing that worked for us in Florida. We would apply advantix every first of the month then frontline the fifteenth because the fleas were SO BAD down there and you could still see the fleas crawling all over the dogs and Mihkoa is extremely allergic. We never had to treat or yard. We could give it every six weeks without it wearing off. Our neighbors at the time had over twenty dogs. The fleas were so bad they would cover your legs when you walked into their yard yet we never had fleas on our dogs or in our yard. It's horrible to hear how it has affected some dogs though. I know a vet up here who won't sell it at all. It's hard because where fleas are so bad, the topical stuff just doesn't cut it.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Apr 9 7:07 am

Dog Health > Comfortis fleat treatment - AWFUL side effects !

Mihkoa

Barked: Fri Jan 10, '14 7:57pm PST 
Comfortis is the only thing that worked for us in Florida. We would apply advantix every first of the month then frontline the fifteenth because the fleas were SO BAD down there and you could still see the fleas crawling all over the dogs and Mihkoa is extremely allergic. We never had to treat or yard. We could give it every six weeks without it wearing off. Our neighbors at the time had over twenty dogs. The fleas were so bad they would cover your legs when you walked into their yard yet we never had fleas on our dogs or in our yard. It's horrible to hear how it has affected some dogs though. I know a vet up here who won't sell it at all. It's hard because where fleas are so bad, the topical stuff just doesn't cut it.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Apr 9 7:07 am

Dog Health > poor old girl. advice?
Mihkoa

Barked: Fri Jan 10, '14 7:43pm PST 
Mihkoa broke her toe a couple weeks ago and is in a splint for six weeks. She's 10. She went outside fine, came in limping. Should I be worried about her bone health at this point? Then earlier this week she started shaking her head and itching a lot so I started cleaning her ears and treating her for mites. She's never had ear troubles before, ever. I tried the long fur away and am cleaning it out twice a day, and putting in an otc medication twice a day as well. It doesn't smell foul. Tons of dark brown goop coming out even after it is fully clean. It itches her a ton to. vet visit tomorrow. If there is anything else I can do to make her more comfy I will. And tonight another dog started the head shake and scratch. We do have barn cats where I'm sure they got them from. Any tips on what I could/should do differently?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 13 9:22 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > i was just about to give up and take my dog back when

Mihkoa

Barked: Wed Jan 8, '14 7:00pm PST 
Mihkoa is 10 yrs old. I gave her away after I had her for about 6-7 months from pressure from family and friends. She ate the carpet, peeled the linoleum off the floor, pooped immediately after I walked her when I left for work, and has loads of health problems. After a week I contacted the guy and told him I was miserable and asked if I could have her back, thankfully she was just as miserable and he was happy to return her. Mihkoa was instrumental in changing my life. She taught me how to be responsible, to love someone besides myself, to work together as a team towards the same goals, compassion, forgiveness, dedication, you name it... she means more to me than I can say. Today she lies at my feet, a well accomplished agility dog, therapy dog, and my best friend. Together we beat all the odds stacked against us. People told me to kill her, put her to sleep, she wasn't worth it, or worth the money. She's with every cent, and more. She's irreplaceable. I'm so thankful she's mine and I am hers. I'm afraid to think of where or what I'd be if God hadn't put this great animal in my path. Don't give up. The rainbow and pot of gold on the other side of that rain cloud is with the struggle. The struggles won't last forever, and you will be glad you put in the hard work to look back and see how far you both have come... together.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Ember FDX, Jan 22 1:26 pm

Behavior & Training > Why do dog owners never seem to teach their dogs boundaries and manners?

Mihkoa

Barked: Wed Jan 8, '14 6:45pm PST 
*pet*! In our house the rules are, do what I say. That's pretty much it... and don't eat poo. silenced And kids are not chew toys, ever. Mooching is permitted here if you can do it lying down. Don't eat food from the high chair until the kid is out of it. There are things we've had to learn to live with as different dogs have entered our life. Mihkoa used to be allowed to sleep in bed with me but no dogs in bed anymore. 2 adults, 4 dogs... yeah, not in a full size bed. And only Mihkoa is allowed on furniture, she's old and has always been allowed before the others came. They have never been allowed on furniture, especially Moxie unless invited. It's different for everyone. Only if the owners find it a problem would I say anything about the behavior(s).
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Hucky and Ringo, Jan 16 11:26 am

Behavior & Training > Why do dog owners never seem to teach their dogs boundaries and manners?

Mihkoa

Barked: Wed Jan 8, '14 6:20pm PST 
I find most children now a days to be the same. No rules, no expectations. Because it is easier to ignore the problems, then to do the hard work in the first place so that doesn't happen or you don't see it as a problem. I also see problems differently. I think boundaries and rules for dogs(and kids!) are extremely important. Barking when outside or being a dog, playing isn't an issue. My dogs do jump on people and they aren't perfect, but we do have rules here and they know it. But to each his own. It drives me up the wall to go to friends houses who don't do ANY training with their dogs and let the dog do whatever it wants, but hey it isn't my dog or my home. What I expect of my dogs in my home is what works for us. I can't change them and if they don't see it as an issue let it be. I recommend training if the owner complains, if not I smile and try to gently pretty the 90lb lug on my lap.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Hucky and Ringo, Jan 16 11:26 am

Sports & Agility > Does Anyone Compete With a Rescued Dog?
Mihkoa

Barked: Tue Jun 18, '13 6:28pm PST 
Mihkoa here was my first. A rescue dog. And she had SO much energy and smarts... as I read more about her breed I realized she needed a job to do. And having bad hips... well that mean she had to stay strong or you know what they say... Use it or loose it.

Dare here I got as a puppy from rescue. He is a total mix breed, but sheltie/pom/papillon cross. The rescue owner prefers to adopt dogs out to sport homes and that is how we got him, for agility. He enjoys it quite a bit... but not as much as Mihkoa.
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Dennis FDCH-S, TFIII, Jan 10 6:00 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.