GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Moxie is at the bridge now
ARC's MADE YA LOOK

Moxie

Barked: Mon Jan 13, '14 9:29am PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss. I send some love from my Moxie to you. And I will hug mine a little tighter today. Matt she rest peacefully. rainbow
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bismarck - *1989 - 2002*, Jan 14 7:42 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Breed Match - NOT for me. Would like other input from dog savvy people for a friend.
ARC's MADE YA LOOK

Moxie

Barked: Wed Jan 8, '14 6:09pm PST 
I only know one Wheaton and he is so sweet and friendly. Great with kids, dogs you name it. The Beauceron is a lot of dog, but friendly, loyal, protective, German shepherd like. As a single dog, amazing. Good around other dogs, or aloof not aggressive. Protective. Super smart. Shed twice a year, easy keeper for grooming. Rare in the US. Larger size. No drooling. Extra dew claws to trim. Never wants to be away from you type. Will stay with you naturally. I can't say enough good things about the breed in general. The bad things are the extra toenails to clip, and they MUST MUST MUST be super socialized and well trained or you'll have a monster on your hands. Firm, consistent positive training is non negotiable with the Beauce though.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 8 6:09 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Breed Match - NOT for me. Would like other input from dog savvy people for a friend.

ARC's MADE YA LOOK

Moxie

Barked: Tue Jan 7, '14 7:39pm PST 
Any other experience with other breeds? The Beauceron fits all those, and is extremely loyal and intelligent. Can be a bit hyper until age 3-4 but loves to please.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 8 6:09 pm

Sports & Agility > Showing too early in agility

ARC's MADE YA LOOK

Moxie

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 7:20pm PST 
I see it a lot in trials. My Beauceron is 3, yes 3! And I just started trialing her. She still isnt ready. *SIGH* Not that she doesnt love it, she just is not ready to trial yet.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by MACH4 PACH2 Aslan, Jun 21 9:56 pm

Puppy Place > unique looking mix, any guesses?

ARC's MADE YA LOOK

Moxie

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 7:14pm PST 
reminds me of a cattle dog in the flecks but boxer-ish in the face, or perhaps dane. Be exciting to see!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jasper, May 22 4:06 pm

Dog Health > loss of pigment
ARC's MADE YA LOOK

Moxie

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 8:07am PST 
Sheltie skin disease... hmm... I have never heard of it. And thank you for the info! Do you have any links on it? When I quickly googled it, I just came up with DM in Shelties but I will keep looking. The vet is still saying "Vitiligo", and that her eyes/nose will be the next to loose pigment. But they say there is no treatment because it is just a "cosmetic" issue. But I can't help but think if it is autoimmune related that it can't just be cosmetic. Thanks again for the help!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 27 8:07 am

ARC's MADE YA LOOK

Moxie

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 11:57am PST 
This isn't just a winter thing. It is cold here now. It began a year and a half ago when the lips & gums started loosing pigment. She has always been on Orijen or Acana, including the other 2 dogs in the house. Moxie is the only one with any pigment loss. It is pretty dramatic on her feet and gums. Extremely noticable because everything was black. Last year we had almost no winter at all, with only 4" of snowfall. I wouldnt think the cold could do it... perhaps Vitamin D because she doesnt spend hardly any time outside in the winter. I just wonder if I should be more concerned about this. She has regular white fur where scars have occured, but none elsewhere. We have a vet appointment next Tuesday and will have it checked out again then (different vet) and hopefully get some answers. Im just wondering there must be something going on with her and I'd like to fix it if at all possible. Could LYME cause something like this? She did have lyme, but was treated.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Feb 27 8:07 am

ARC's MADE YA LOOK

Moxie

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 8:51am PST 
Any other dogs out there experience this? It started on my mouth and gums. They were pretty and black when I was young until about 2 years old. Now I have loads of white spots on the pads of my feet. Total loss of pigment in cirlce-ish spots. My fur is still all black and tan like a pretty Beauceron should be... but my human is getting worried. The vets say Vitiligo, but give us no course of action for treatment or cause. frown When I look it up online I get the same thing. Mystery disease, possibly autoimmune related... common in Rotts. HMM... Anyone else know anything? Have a similar problem? Know any answers?! Thanks pups!dog
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Feb 27 8:07 am

Dog Health > Vitiligo...?

ARC's MADE YA LOOK

Moxie

Barked: Fri Feb 3, '12 4:07pm PST 
My black lips are turning pink. The vet thinks this is what I have. He wants to biopsy it. Do any of you other pups out there have this? Or maybe your paw-rents have experience with this condition in other dogs? Googled it, and it can be genetic? Im looking for more info... Momma's worried!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 3 4:07 pm

Dog Health > Is it cancer?! Vet appt tomorrow
ARC's MADE YA LOOK

Moxie

Barked: Mon Jan 16, '12 5:26pm PST 
thanks for the info everyone. this is slightly raised very dark black on a very (suddenly) white tongue. I've read that rott's and dobes sometimes have a disease where they loose the pigment in the lips called Vitiligo. So I am assuming Beauceron's can have the same thing. She will be 2 in February. Beaucerons don't typically have any pigment on the tongue. I just see all these things suddenly happening at once, with the weight loss and things and it has me worried.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 16 5:26 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.