Postings by Shadow *CGC*CL2*CL3*

GO!

(Page 1 of 63: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Canyon Creek Ranch
Shadow- *CGC*CL2*CL3- *

Is it time for- agility yet?

Barked: Mon Jan 6, '14 5:19pm PST 
If it's made by the same company that makes the chicken jerky treats I wouldn't trust the food.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Jan 8 5:19 am

Food & Nutrition > Cooked Salmon Skin?
Shadow- *CGC*CL2*CL3- *

Barked: Mon Jan 6, '14 5:17pm PST 
When I make Shadow's cookies for agility class I use Canned Salmon with skin and bones. The bones get really soft during canning and even softer during cooking. The skin is where a lot of the fat is and that's where the good Omega 3's are.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 8 10:33 am

Sports & Agility > Feeding day of tournaments?

Shadow- *CGC*CL2*CL3- *

Barked: Mon Jan 6, '14 5:14pm PST 
I usually feed Shadow 3/4 of a cup instead of a cup for breakfast and dinner but that's because he gets treats after each agility run(usually 4-5 runs a day). If I feed him any less he doesn't have much focus. We usually travel about an hr for a trial and sit for another 30-40 mins when we get there so he has plenty of time to digest his food before we run.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Shadow *CGC*CL2*CL3*, Jan 6 5:14 pm

Dog Health > Dog's canine teeth turning purple!!

Shadow- *CGC*CL2*CL3- *

Barked: Mon Jan 6, '14 5:04pm PST 
Most vets aren't capable of doing root canals and unless it is really bothering them to eat or they seem to be in a lot of pain or have an infection of the tooth it's not a big deal to leave it in. Canines are the hardest teeth to remove and most vets will leave them in unless there is an absolute need to pull them.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Shadow *CGC*CL2*CL3*, Jan 6 5:04 pm

Dog Health > Demodex and poor immune system...

Shadow- *CGC*CL2*CL3- *

Barked: Mon Jan 6, '14 5:00pm PST 
The first thing you really have to do is figure out why her immune system isn't working properly. I would consult a homeopathic vet and if possible(can be costly) get premade raw food or dehydrated food such as The Honest Kitchen or Sojos.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Nova, Jan 9 1:11 pm

Dog Health > Poodle with chronic black build up in ear
Shadow- *CGC*CL2*CL3- *

Barked: Mon Jan 6, '14 4:55pm PST 
I think your vet is doing the best thing by putting her under to really flush her ears out. The culture will tell your vet what the infection is vulnerable to and he can prescribe the proper antibiotic. What are you feeding her? Food allergies can have a huge role in ear infections also.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by PE's Autumn On Fire, Jan 8 5:01 pm

Dog Health > First seizure tonight, diagnosed as possible idiopathic epilepsy??

Shadow- *CGC*CL2*CL3- *

Barked: Mon Dec 16, '13 6:48am PST 
Seizures are very scary things. Seizures can happen for a variety of reasons and she may never have another one again. Definitely keep a log(note how long each seizure lasts too). I would have bloodwork done to make sure everything is functioning well.

Being due for vaccines wouldn't cause a seizure. I would be a little worried about getting vaccines done again though. I honestly only vaccinate for rabies after their first year. I do all the puppy shots and then the shots at a year old and then after that my dogs only get rabies since it's required by law here. There have been many studies that show vaccines last much longer than the companies say.

Acana is a great food and I wouldn't worry about putting her on a new food.

Hopefully that was just a one time thing and she never has another seizure.
[notify]
» There has since been -2 posts. Last posting by Josie, Dec 16 4:47 pm

Food & Nutrition > Nutrisca Salmon and Chickpea Recipe

Shadow- *CGC*CL2*CL3- *

Barked: Mon Dec 16, '13 6:37am PST 
They get their vitamins and minerals from China. Everything else is still USA sourced but I wouldn't trust a dog food that is made by someone who is manufacturing chicken jerky treats that are killing dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Shadow *CGC*CL2*CL3*, Dec 16 6:37 am

Dog Health > Torn on what to do..............

Shadow- *CGC*CL2*CL3- *

Barked: Mon Dec 16, '13 6:36am PST 
From what I've been told in school(in school for vet tech) full hip replacements work better but FHOs can work as long as you follow the after surgery directions to a T. Before full hip replacements were possible FHOs were done on the larger dogs so it had to have helped before full hip replacements were done in dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Koby, Dec 27 3:58 am

Sports & Agility > Back on Track products?
Shadow- *CGC*CL2*CL3- *

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 7:05am PST 
I love the knee brace(they tend to run a little large though I measured for a large but should have gotten a medium). I still get some pain from my knee surgery on occasion and it takes it right away(it did hurt more when I first wore the brace but they said that was pretty common). Shadow loves his BOT but he refuses to wear the cooling coat I bought him.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Dec 16 2:58 pm

(Page 1 of 63: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.