Postings by Nare

GO!

(Page 1 of 73: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > HELP A. Akita won't stop humping certian male dog
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 12:23pm PST 
Honestly, it sounds like your Akita puppy is having a lot of FUN! What a lot of people forget to mention is that humping is a display of excitement. Also, humping gets them attention, and puppies love attention. They don't care if it is good or bad attention, it is all the same. Your pup probably humps Lance when Lance isn't playing with him, when there is a lull in the chase or when they're laying around being boring. Humping gets Lance up and moving, although he is showing his teeth and telling your pup to go away, Zeus is having a lot of fun, and it is so fun and reinforcing that he is going to do it again and again...

Best way to get him to stop? Channel that energy somewhere else. You have to be more fun than humping Lance. wink Or, just don't let him do it, and it won't be reinforced.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Nare, Wed 12:23 pm

Behavior & Training > Hi all
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Sun Apr 13, '14 8:35pm PST 
Figured I'd throw an update out there on the pups. smile
Nare will be 4 years old in June, and Tavi is now 7 months old! And a whopping 23lb lol. Shes so small, its weird. Cute, but weird.

Kai Girl

Lots of fun

Whee!

Winter!
Ain't nothin but a snow dogg..

Too much fun

Bonding smile

Hike, Hike!

Tables turned

Sharing

Tavs is a model!

Long story short, we've been having lots of fun. smile What have you all been up to?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Tue 11:25 am

Behavior & Training > Big news from the scoop!

Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Thu Feb 13, '14 12:20am PST 
I'm still lurking. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Pogo, Feb 18 7:38 pm

Behavior & Training > Is there another dog forum we can ALL move to?

Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Wed Jan 22, '14 11:42am PST 
I've been out of the loop for awhile. where are we all migrating to? smile
[notify]
» There has since been 314 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

Behavior & Training > Considering purchasing 2 Dobermans opinions or and advice?

Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 6:14pm PST 
yeah I thought you meant getting both of them at the same time. Although I think it might be better to add another at around 18 + months old, if you go on to DobermannTalk forums, the Doberteen stage (10 months) can get a little dramatic.. adding another pup then just might drain you.

However I do not see any problems in having two Dobes.. go to a good breeder and ask if their dogs do well with other dogs.. Some lines of Dobe are super dog-friendly, others are same sex aggressive.. so find a breeder you get along with because if you hit any rough patches they will be there to help.

1 1/2 to 2 years is my ideal age to add another dog. Some add them sooner.. others later. Could always put a deposit down and see where you and your pup are in 10 months and decide from there.

I really love Dobes and almost adopted one.. have fun. They're great dogs. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Dec 16 5:55 pm

Behavior & Training > Considering purchasing 2 Dobermans opinions or and advice?
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 2:42pm PST 
If you add 2 dogs then you'll have 3 dogs total and will be violating your contract.

Dobe puppies are a lot of work, and I don't think any reputable breeder would give you 2 pups or give you a pup if they knew you had another.. Why do you need 2 anyways ?

I would not gamble on this.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Dec 16 5:55 pm

Dog Health > Strange hard bump on gumline

Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Wed Dec 11, '13 10:39am PST 
Just got wonderful news that Nare's tumor was benign, yay!
This time the vet referred to it as an epulis, lol.
Question is, if it comes back, should I remove it? as long as it doesn't bother him it should be okay, right ? or if you don't remove it right away, can it become cancerous ?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kali, Dec 12 3:58 am

Behavior & Training > Any advice? Conditioning for vet visits?

Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Sat Dec 7, '13 4:13am PST 
Well, if its when shes unsure of her surroundings.. go to new (quiet) places and practice all of these things! smile Maybe take her to a familiar place (not home) and practice.. then a less frequent place.. and slowly add new ones.

How do you think Shadow would react if the vet came to your home ?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Bianca CGC TT HIC Thd ♥, Dec 14 8:12 pm

Behavior & Training > GS Husky Mix is such a Toddler

Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Wed Dec 4, '13 9:18pm PST 
Husky.. Remember, he is a husky at heart! Nare is also a GSD / Husky mix, he looks German Shepherd but is ALL husky.. wink

This means they like to talk. Both of these breeds are vocal, him barking is something you'll just have to manage.

Huskys also like to RUN. This means he is always on a leash, cause he will find something better and more fun to do than coming to you. I wouldn't recommend a chain line, that could be dangerous if it got wrapped around someone or something, and certainly not 30 feet unless you're training. Keep him nice and close, so he doesn't have the option to get away.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Opheila, Dec 5 12:21 pm

Dog Health > Strange hard bump on gumline
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Tue Dec 3, '13 4:26pm PST 
Unfortunately we are still waiting for results of the biopsy.. boo. everything else is quite normal though, except it bleeds sometimes while we tug. but hes alive
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kali, Dec 12 3:58 am

(Page 1 of 73: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.