Postings by Rocket

GO!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

Dog Health > Epiphen
Rocket

Rocket Dog!

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '12 9:40pm PST 
Some epilepsy drugs do cause neurological symptoms for a while until your dog gets used to it. Its a known side effect, however if it's that severe I'd definitely notify your vet. If the side effects are too severe you might have to try another epilepsy drug. (Luckily, there are a lot out there. smile )

Good luck, keep us posted!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rocket, Jul 18 9:40 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Can the owner of an unaltered loose male dog be made to pay at least part of the vet bill?
Rocket

Rocket Dog!

Barked: Tue Jan 10, '12 5:17pm PST 
frown
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rocket, Jan 10 5:17 pm

Puppy Place > What mix may I be?

Rocket

Rocket Dog!

Barked: Mon Sep 26, '11 8:47am PST 
!!! We look like brothers! happy dance

Rocket is a GSD/Husky mix (we guess, anyway, it seems to fit,) and he shares a lot of characteristics of your pup, even how he holds his tail down at rest and has it curled up when he's walking. Though I would guess husky/lab instead for your pup, the color just screams lab.

What a petty boy. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ryder, Sep 26 11:40 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Dog Leash Law citation RANT

Rocket

Rocket Dog!

Barked: Mon Sep 26, '11 7:13am PST 
All I have to say is people who don't believe "accidents happen" have never owned a husky. laugh out loud

Anyway, accidents do happen, and the real question is whether or not you learn from them. I can kind of see where a rant is a little out of place. Personally, when I lost Rocket, if a policeman brought him to me and told me I had to pay a $1000 dollar fine I would have thanked him and kissed his shoes. I was completely distraught, sick, and heartbroken over losing him. I had NEVER lost a dog for any amount of time in my entire life, and he was lost for two hours. I was walking around crying in my muddy jogging clothes showing pictures and calling the police and all the shelters giving descriptions.

Eventually he went back to the place where my car was parked at, and some nice people found him, tied him up, and called the number on his tags. I bought them all cake to thank them for finding him. You can bet that never happened again!

But I guess the point is, I believe accidents do happen, but we get harsh treatment after them for a reason, so we don't do it again. Just take it as a lesson, fix the fence, and show the courts what you have done to fix the situation. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by M.RY's Utsukushii At Pinnacle, Sep 29 4:57 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Is Lobo a Wolfdog???

Rocket

Rocket Dog!

Barked: Fri Sep 16, '11 6:57am PST 
I personally don't see any wolf in him, I'd agree with GSD/akita/mal or husky mix.

Rocket is a husky/GSD mix, but he's a talker too. I know lots of huskies that howl and cry/talk as their main form of communication.

The way he holds his tail, to me, is a dead-on indication that he is most likely not wolf. Wolves tend to hold their tails down and not even wag them.

Very cute dog though. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 73 posts. Last posting by Snickers, Sep 23 7:55 pm

Dog Health > Megaesophagus diagnostic?
Rocket

Rocket Dog!

Barked: Tue Aug 16, '11 7:59pm PST 
Aina, thanks for the tip. Even though our vet does sell Hills, they know we will NOT feed our dogs corn, so they never bring up diet luckily. We let our dogs health condition speak for themselves. wink (They always oggle over now nice their coats are when we visit. "How do you keep your dogs so nice and white and soft?!?!?!")

Luckily he seems to be doing well with us just blending his food with water. (He now does his happy dance every time I run the blender, BOL!) We are going to watch his weight very closely though, and if he loses any more (he lost a couple pound) we are going to switch him to a high-calorie puppy formula. (Right now he's on Blue Buffalo Adult chicken and brown rice.)
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rocket, Aug 16 7:59 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > BSL and Wolfdogs

Rocket

Rocket Dog!

Barked: Wed Aug 10, '11 12:45pm PST 
It is quite obvious you are not reading the posts.

Who here said wolf-dogs should be banned? I don't think anyone. I believe the vast majority agreed they should be regulated and have licenses. Now, some have said that the breeding of them should stop, and I 100% agree with that, but no one said "ban them and take them all away."

Wild animal does not mean vicious. It means just that, wild. Non-domesticated. A wolf is a non-domesticated animal. Therefore, if you have a wolf-dog, part of its parentage is non-domesticated. It's simple logic, not an opinion.

It would be a lot easier to take you seriously if you actually debated instead of ignoring what everyone is saying and straw-manning our position.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Aug 10 1:07 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > BSL and Wolfdogs

Rocket

Rocket Dog!

Barked: Wed Aug 10, '11 12:21pm PST 
Just because we disagree with you does not mean we are "jumping on the BSL bandwagon." Talk about straw-manning an argument. Wolf-dogs are not full dogs. Period. Some may be dog like, some may behave like a dog, some may behave perfectly. But they are Not. A. Dog.

You can't sit there and say "this one should be allowed to live by dog rules because it wags its tail. But this one doesn't so it has to follow wolf rules." There is no way to genotype it as more "dog" or more "wolf." I believe it is absolutely best for all wolf-dogs to be treated the same in the eyes of the law, to protect the wolf-dogs and the people that own them, and the people who live with others to own them.

I never said all wolf-dogs were vicious, and no one here did either. (So your little "oh poor poor me everyone things I'm vicious I'm gonna slink off and bite people now teehee" thing is absolutely moot and nothing more than a personal attack.) All we said is there is no scientific way to tell which ones may have the temperament of a dog and which ones have the temperament of a wolf. And there is no scientific way to tell which people can handle a wolfy wolf-dog. So the BEST and SAFEST way to handle the whole wolf-dog situation is to classify them as wild animals (because you cannot deny it, some ARE) and then have those who wish to own them licensed to do so. What is so bad about that? That ensures these wolf-dogs are in the absolute best hands they can be in. There is NOTHING to lose by classifying them as a wild animal and regulating them as such. You can say "but then less people will be willing to adopt." Well, if a person isn't willing to educate themselves about the breed or spend maybe $50 on a class to learn about them...are they really a good fit for this animal? No, I wouldn't even give a normal dog to anyone who wasn't willing to spend $50 bucks on them. It's a win win win situation.

And its not just about temperament. I've looked into getting one of those domesticated siberian foxes as a gift to myself when I graduate vet school. Even though they are DOMESTIC and HAVE THE TEMPERAMENT OF A DOG (or a cat, is you own cats I have readkitty ), I would still be required to have a permit to own it, and take wildlife husbandry classes. Do I think its reasonable? ABSOLUTELY. Even though their domestication is scientifically documented and proven, it is absolutely essential I get training because not only do I have to know about its temperament, I have to know what to feed it, and I have to know how to get it medical care, and I have to know state laws and know what states I can and can't take it to. This is essential for owning ANY wild animal, wolf-dogs included.

And techinically, this isn't BSL, wolf-dog is not a breed, its a classification of a species.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Aug 10 1:07 pm

Rocket

Rocket Dog!

Barked: Wed Aug 10, '11 12:03pm PST 
@Brodie: Actually, he wasn't vomiting at all, which was the big clue that it might be megaesophagus. Food, water, and mucous was literally just falling out of his throat onto the floor. He wasn't nauseated at all, and there was no bile in the regurgitated stuff.

And they didn't do any barium, the vet said that she felt it was too dangerous to have a dog do a barium swallow that was suspected of megaesophagus because she was worried he would aspirate it into his lungs. They just did a normal x-ray.

Thanks for the support guys. smile I'm so happy I've found dogster. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Rocket, Aug 16 7:59 pm

Rocket

Rocket Dog!

Barked: Tue Aug 9, '11 5:47pm PST 
Turns out he does have megaesophagus. frown

But, luckily, its very mild now, but the vet said it will most likely get worse. But at least we know what it is before he gets aspiration pneumonia (which I suppose is how most people find out.)

It's going to take some getting used to. My husband almost threw up just from seeing kibble blended with water. big laugh Guess I'm on feeding duty for a while...
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Rocket, Aug 16 7:59 pm

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.