Postings by Tundra

GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Behavior & Training > Behavior Question - Does anyone's dog make this sound?
Tundra

I'm growling- bigger now

Barked: Tue Dec 10, '13 10:09pm PST 
Tundra and her sister Drizzit do it when they are scolding me or just being chatty. Tundra's roooo has that husky tone to it in kind of a tenor to alto range while Drizzit sounds more of a tenor to baratone almost coyote sound at times. I love to hear it and often ask them to talk just so I can playfully argue with them.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Beowulf, Dec 12 5:08 pm

Dog Health > Could it be kennel cough or something worse?
Tundra

I'm growling- bigger now

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 5:16pm PST 
Good news the girls are doing very much better. However now Blaze is sick. I called the vet and he advised splitting the girls meds in half and giving him half a tab per day. The meds that the girls were on are SMZ 480mg tabs. They never developed the runny noses or anything and Blaze was not anywhere near the girls as he and his sister are not fully house trained so they are not allowed on any carpeted surfaces. They are only allowed in the bathroom the hallway and the kitchen. The girls were kept in crates in the living room while they were recovering from their spays
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tundra, Oct 11 5:16 pm

Tundra

I'm growling- bigger now

Barked: Sat Oct 5, '13 4:18pm PST 
Toto, I have switched Tundra and Drizzit and the rest of my dogs to this vet because the vet that Maggie saw would not do blood work when Maggie got sick before she passed on. I tried another vet when Tundra nearly died last summer and they could tell me nothing about what caused it then they almost forgot to take the cath out of her leg when I picked her up. The two vets that see my dogs now are good vets and very reasonable on their prices. Their price for a spay is $104 where at the other vets that I have tried its been double that. As for the kennel cough being picked up at their office, Dr. Aaron told me that he has seen dogs from other vets with it as well. So it was not isolated to my vets office. They seem to be a little better,while they are sleeping they arent coughing as bad as Tundra was the first couple days. However when they are awake their cough is really rough and they have been coughing up a goo from their lungs,which from what I read and what my vet told me it is because of them coughing so hard and that its normal. They have no runny watery discharge from their noses and are still eating and drinking normally. I have them in harnesses so that I can take them out to potty so as not to put pressure on their throats.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tundra, Oct 11 5:16 pm

Tundra

I'm growling- bigger now

Barked: Sat Oct 5, '13 9:50am PST 
Same here. Tundra and now Drizzit both have it and are on an antibiotic to get over it. This is the first time I have ever had a dog with kennel cough so it worried me when Tundra stared to cough like that.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tundra, Oct 11 5:16 pm

Tundra

I'm growling- bigger now

Barked: Fri Oct 4, '13 5:04pm PST 
I called the vet this morning and found out that there has been an outbreak of Kennel Cough here in Southern Indiana so they prescribed some antibiotics for both the girls.I give one pill a day for the next 14 days hopefully it does the trick.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Tundra, Oct 11 5:16 pm

Tundra

I'm growling- bigger now

Barked: Thu Oct 3, '13 5:24pm PST 
Tundra and Drizzit were both spayed last week and have been crated for the past week like everyone says to do. We take her out every few hours for potty walks and short walks to stretch her legs. She has a lot of energy and wants to run around like always. However just recently she has started coughing like she has a hairball or something caught in her throat. She started doing it a few days ago and although she isnt happy being inside she does have her normal appetite, she doesnt eat much at all anyway. She is fine otherwise but the cough doesnt sound normal. Any ideas as to what it could be?
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Tundra, Oct 11 5:16 pm

Senior Dogs > Upset with a friend, not sure where to put this

Tundra

I'm growling- bigger now

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 12:35pm PST 
At the end of October or the first of November we shelled out $199.50 for Maggie's cremation. Then earlier this month we shelled out $102.00 for a friends dog's spay surgery. Last week we took another of his dogs in for stitches and that cost us $62.00. Thats not to mention the $194.70 that we spent over the summer for Tundra's emergency trip to the vet for something that we still have no clue on. She was fine at 3 am that morning and at 9 she was nearly dead. We rushed her in they gave her a 10/50 chance of living trough the day. They did blood work and put an iv in and still couldnt tell us what was wrong but when I called them the next day she was ready to come home alive and playful.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 21 7:53 pm

Irish Setter > Proper weight for a male and female Irish Setter

Tundra

I'm growling- bigger now

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '12 1:43pm PST 
A couple weeks ago my husband and I found two loose Irish Setters. We were able to get leashes on them and found out that they had their owners phone number on their collars. We called him and told them that we had his dogs and would hold them till he got home from work and could pick them up. They were slightly under weight. A few days later the male Max came back to visit again and my husband told me that his ribs were clearly visible through his coat. That when he put him in our spare pen with some food Max ate it like he was starved to death. I am just wondering what the right weight should be for these dogs. I would say that Max is about a year old and his female companion is about 8 to 11 months.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tundra, Dec 2 1:43 pm

Food & Nutrition > Skinny Boston can he eat puppy food at age 6 years?

Tundra

I'm growling- bigger now

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 10:38pm PST 
A family friend asked me to care for his two dogs while he is in jail. One of them Diamond is a female min pin who is chunky and rather wide for her age. The other dog Psycho is a 6 year old male Boston. They eat the same food but Psycho will not gain weight. I recently got some sample bags of Taste Of The Wild puppy formulas as well as their adult dog formulas when I went to buy the cats food. I spilled some of the puppy food while getting a bowl ready for the pup of Psycho and Diamond's. Psycho ran over and gobbled it right up. Would it hurt for him to eat the puppy food? He has seen a vet and the vet said he is healthy just needs to gain weight, he has no worms of any kind and no problems health wise. He was being fed Old Yeller until they came to stay with me. My dogs always got really runny poos on that food. I want something that Psycho will eat to gain weight because you shouldnt be able to see his spine or his ribs. He and Diamond have food down all the time and they both eat out of the same bowl.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ellie CGC, Dec 1 11:05 am

Dog Health > allergic to collar
Tundra

I'm growling- bigger now

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 6:55am PST 
Try a leather one. Tundra seems to have issues with the nylon ones so we put her in a leather collar and she seems to be fine with that. No itching or smell from the leather collar and no staining from the dye if her collar gets wet
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tuna, Aug 22 1:25 pm

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.