Postings by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC

GO!

(Page 1 of 319: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sat Apr 19, '14 11:45am PST 
Lily- I have been to Tahquamenon Falls once. Beautiful! I think Sanka may have been there too? We didn't have a lot of time there.

My goal this summer is to hike all of the canyons at Starved Rock. There are 18 and I've seen 5. The map only shows 16 though... so not sure about the last 2, hah! I'll have to recruit some company as I am not comfortable going alone into many of those canyons. There are some places where you are on a path that is only about 8 inches wide, the wall of the canyon is going up on your left and there's a 30 foot drop on the right. Plus, everything is sandy since it's all sandstone, and that does not make for secure footing!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 2:27 pm

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Fri Apr 18, '14 6:55pm PST 
Hey Bunny! Long time no see!

I went back out to Starved Rock today- I went with a friend, who wanted to bring her dog, so I brought Sarah with. We went in three canyons, up and down hundreds of stairs, and some of the paths were basically the side of the canyon... All I have to say is thank goodness for ibuprofen! my knees!!

Anyhow- took a few pictures: Enjoy! big grin

Pelicans!

Cliff Overlooking Illinois River

Bleeding Heart Plants were growing wild all along the paths.

LaSalle Falls from the inside out

LaSalle Falls

Kaskaskia Falls

These were my favorite- but not very photogenic. Tonty Falls

It's so hard to show scale in the photos, but they are HUGE- not a lot of water since it hasn't rained recently, but the height is amazing! I'm just glad there was water, in the summer, they are all dry. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 2:27 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Brussels Griffon

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 8:08pm PST 
Well I did like him, but Sarah, my best friend, is half jack russell! smile

Didn't you say you like swimming dogs, Jem? Not sure BGs would be swimmers, but I could be wrong.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jewel, PCD, Thu 9:10 am

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 4:20pm PST 
I love taking the dogs swimming. I wish mine really did swim though- they just wade, although they will swim if they are motivated enough. Mine don't like pools at all, but they like the pond and the river. I would love for my next dog to really like the water!

Sanka- I've been to Sequoia National Park, not the Redwoods, but similar. I've also been to Yellowstone, Black Hills/Mt. Rushmore, and Badlands. I've never been to the southwest though. I would like to see some of the ancient cliff dwellings. I also want to spend time at the ocean, go to Monterey Bay Aquarium... My aunt and uncle just moved out to Phoenix so we might have a place to spend a night there...

Good luck with the move, Dunlop!
[notify]
» There has since been 40 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 2:27 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Brussels Griffon

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 4:10pm PST 
Well I only had Sprout for a week, but I did start clicker training with him and he caught on quickly. I only taught "sit". I will say- treat delivery to a brachycephalic dog is a little different! smile I dropped a lot of treats. He was a cute little stinker and if he had (a) gotten along better with my dogs and (b) handled being alone while I was at work, he would have stayed in my house!!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Jewel, PCD, Thu 9:10 am

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '14 5:37pm PST 
Found out my younger sister got a job offer outside of LA, so I may be driving there with her this summer to help her get settled and move in and such. Would drive out and then fly back. Parents would watch the dogs for me... I'm so excited! Problem is I want to stop and see everything! The drive straight there is 28 hours. If I stop at the Black Hills, Badlands, Yellowstone, Great Salt Lake, Grand Canyon... it almost doubles the drive time! I have plenty of time to do do it, but it will all depend on her since she'll have to find a place to live and start working!
[notify]
» There has since been 54 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 2:27 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > I Need Pictures!

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sun Apr 13, '14 2:33pm PST 
I can email some to you.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Star BN RN RA, Sat 5:18 pm

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sun Apr 13, '14 2:22pm PST 
Mack was adopted today! Didn't see that one coming, but I am so happy! He was put in the local newspaper yesterday and the family saw his ad and called me. They had a jack russell mix that had bladder stones too, so they weren't concerned about Mack's needs. In fact, they were attracted to him because of his needs! Yahoo!

I did make it out to Starved Rock. It hadn't rained for a bit, so the falls were just trickles smile We went Friday morning and it was pretty much empty except for the two of us. We saw one guy when we first went in, but after that it was just us! Unfortunately we only had about 30 minutes to spend, so we only got to go in one canyon.

Ottawa Falls
[notify]
» There has since been 68 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 2:27 pm

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu Apr 10, '14 6:13pm PST 
Thanks- can't access the first link because I'm not a Plus member, but used (and bookmarked) the second page-

Mo

Hope this works!
[notify]
» There has since been 88 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 2:27 pm

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu Apr 10, '14 4:37pm PST 
Forgot to add- I've read the Game of Thrones books and I'm watching the HBO series, too. Haven't watched the new one this week yet, though. Waiting for the next book to come out! Right now I am reading Call the Midwife. Also good, but very different from GoT! smile And I'm reading Brain on Fire, which is a true story/memoir/autobiography about a young adult woman who becomes psychotic due to an auto-immune disease- it's the store of how she becomes sick and recovers. Very interesting, and terrifying!
[notify]
» There has since been 90 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 2:27 pm

(Page 1 of 319: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.