Postings by Doc

GO!

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Celebrate Independance Day!

Doc

The Doctor, good- for what ails- ya!

Barked: Mon Jul 4, '11 10:49am PST 
To all my pupster pals, woofs and barks to those out there wearing uniforms applauseapplause and to all those who are missing their four-legged friends while deployed overseas. hamster dance Forever in your debt, forever grateful for service given freely to safeguard your fellow citizens!
And lets give a howl to those MWD's! The Military Working Dogs!cheercheer Keeping the boys and girls safe!

Happy 4TH!applausehaildancingcheerway to goway to go
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Doc, Jul 4 10:49 am

Dog Health > Heart worm medicine debate.
Doc

The Doctor, good- for what ails- ya!

Barked: Fri May 27, '11 8:50am PST 
I have had many dogs and consistantly applied flea/tick products and given Heartworm monthly after my lab-mix was infected. All of my fur-kids have lived long and happy lives, my GSD lived to be 15.5 years old, I have a 75lb golden/border collie mix who is 14 and extremely healthy.

Longevity and health depend on regular excersize, good food, and breeding. Dogs simply do not live long enough for most chemically induced diseases to appear.

While holistic vets may work for some, I prefer the efficacy of well established science. Heartworm treatments monthly ensure that my furkids are protected. Their lives, health, and happiness are my responsibility and I'm not willing to gamble them for the sake of political correctness.
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by Adam, May 31 1:44 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.