GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Behavior & Training > My dogs hate smooth fox terriers?
Nikko

I am Nikko, pay- attention to- meeeeee!

Barked: Wed Mar 28, '12 3:15pm PST 
I don't think either of my boys have had a negative experience with fox terriers, so I'm not sure what their beef is. Maybe they don't like the way they walk, all perky & confident? Maybe because they've never been able to meet one up close (gee, I wonder why)? Weird.

Hi Teddy! I thought you looked familiar!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ember FDX, Mar 29 10:41 am

Behavior & Training > My dogs hate smooth fox terriers?
Nikko

Barked: Tue Mar 27, '12 6:08pm PST 
Well, hate might be too strong of a word, but there are a couple of what I think are smooth fox terriers that are walked by our house occasionally that my two boys will go absolutely bonkers over. They will start furiously clawing at our large front window & be crying & whining & barking & growling, all at the same time! They don't do this when any other types of dogs walk by, it's just this particular type of dog that they go crazy over. It's especially bad when we happen to encounter them when we're out walking, which thankfully is very rarely. I'm not sure what's going on with them.

Why this particular type of dog? Somebody said that it's because dogs think these terriers are cats, but my dogs definitely don't act this badly when they see cats. thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Ember FDX, Mar 29 10:41 am

Contests and Vote For Me! > Help Seattle Animal Shelter's Spay & Neuter clinic win $5000! Vote for Nikko!

Nikko

Barked: Sat Feb 11, '12 5:00pm PST 
This is for the Humane Society's World Spay Day pet photo contest. Please donate & vote for Nikko to help my chosen shelter (Seattle Animal Shelter Spay & Neuter Clinic) win a $5000 grant. Here's the link (I don't know how to make an auto link, sorry):

https://photocontest.humanesociety.org/contest.html?page= viewInd&id=117675&contestId=4&fbShare_id=158384

Thanks & please forward this on to others!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Meeko, Feb 29 12:04 pm

Dog Health > Ideas to ease boredom while recovering from TPLO surgery?

Nikko

Barked: Thu Jan 26, '12 11:43am PST 
Hi all, I also posted this in the Get Well Soon forum:

Nikko is having TPLO surgery today aftering rupturing his CCL. He's two & very active, so I'm a little concerned as to how I'm going to keep him contained for the next 6 weeks without him going absolutely bonkers. He's limited to short 5 minute potty breaks outside on leash, & he can't jump up on the furniture or rough house with my other dog, Koda. Yeah, dealing with Koda through all of this will be another challenge too.

Do you guys have any suggestions on toys, games, or activities I can do with him to help maintain his (& my) sanity without messing with his recovery?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Shandi *Oct 2006 - Aug 2012*, Jan 27 2:39 am

Get Well Soon > Ideas to ease boredom while recovering from TPLO surgery?

Nikko

Barked: Thu Jan 26, '12 11:41am PST 
Nikko is having TPLO surgery today aftering rupturing his CCL. He's two & very active, so I'm a little concerned as to how I'm going to keep him contained for the next 6 weeks without him going absolutely bonkers. He's limited to short 5 minute potty breaks outside on leash, & he can't jump up on the furniture or rough house with my other dog, Koda. Yeah, dealing with Koda through all of this will be another challenge too.

Do you guys have any suggestions on toys, games, or activities I can do with him to help maintain his (& my) sanity without messing with his recovery?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jan 31 6:59 am

Sports & Agility > Coolest dog in the world
Nikko

Barked: Tue Aug 30, '11 3:17pm PST 
This bulldog is so cute! He skimboards, snowboards, & skateboards. I'd love to train Nikko to do these.
http://www.zapiks.com/the-coolest-dog-in-the-world.html
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Audrey Hepbull, Sep 9 9:01 am

Puppy Place > Guess my breeds?

Nikko

Barked: Tue Mar 1, '11 6:53pm PST 
Thanks for the compliments everyone! So it seems like everyone's pretty much in agreement that he has husky in him. I'm kind of leaning towards Staffordshire terrier too, I guess? thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 1 6:53 pm

Nikko

Barked: Mon Feb 28, '11 10:40am PST 
Thanks for the compliments!

Yeah, Karelian bear dogs are pretty rare, the only reason I guessed that was an option is because we live in Washington state, and I guess they do breed them here. shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Mar 1 6:53 pm

Nikko

Barked: Mon Feb 28, '11 10:29am PST 
O.K., I know I posted this a while back trying to figure out what Nikko is, but he was so young and small it was difficult to tell what he looked like. He looked like all breeds. Now that he's grown up a bit more he's starting to develop some definition.

So, what breeds do you think Nikko is? He's got one brown eye and one blue eye with a bit of brown in it. His ears are floppy some days, partially erect other days, depending on his mood. His white tipped tail curves over his back like a husky. I think he's got a double coat, it's a little hard to tell. He's got a shorter muzzle and flappy cheeks. His neck is very thick and strong and his hips are about the same width as his neck. His bark sounds like a hunting dog baying. He has a couple of black spots on his face, but otherwise he's pretty solid black & white all over. He's very solid and weighs about 60 pounds.

Guesses: Siberian husky, Karelian bear dog, Catahoula leopard dog, some kind of pointer, or Staffordshire terrier.

What do you guys think?
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Mar 1 6:53 pm

Behavior & Training > Burying my socks?
Nikko

Barked: Fri Dec 31, '10 9:28am PST 
O.K., why is my puppy Nikko so obsessed with my already worn socks? He carries them around the house like trophies and guards them from Koda getting too close to them. He'll occasionally bring one up to me & drop it at my feet & stare up at me. I don't know what to do so I just tell him thank you & pick up my sock & put it in the dirty hamper.

Also, he likes to take my socks outside & bury them in his special little hole he's dug. He'll leave it out there for a half an hour or so to marinate, then he'll dig it up & bring it back in the house covered in dirt, then he kindly shakes it off scattering the dirt all over the rug.

He seems to prefer my socks over my husband's, so I'm not sure what's up. And if it's the smell factor, my husband definitely has way stinkier feet than mine.

Any guesses as to why he's doing this?

thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Hazel, Dec 31 10:28 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.