Postings by Smokie

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Labrador Retriever > What your Lab has eaten...
Smokie

wanna play?

Barked: Thu Jan 27, '11 4:03pm PST 
My first lab Sweetpea, RIP, ate the entire center of our mattress!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Ruby, Jan 15 11:33 am

German Shepherd > new puppy
Smokie

wanna play?

Barked: Fri Aug 6, '10 4:52pm PST 
Smokie and Blitz are getting along GREAT!! For the first time today we let them out in the yard together and they played and played!! Now they are inseparable, they are sleeping on the floor together! I am so happy.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Smokie, Aug 6 4:52 pm

Smokie

wanna play?

Barked: Sun Aug 1, '10 1:57pm PST 
They are doing pretty good. We have gotten to the point of letting them both roam freely with very close supervision. After about an hour Smokie gets tired of it and you can tell he's about to lose it, so we separate them. We do this a few times a day and hopefully soon they will get along fine. I think there are some dominance issues, even though the puppy is only 9 weeks old. He seems to bark and growl at Smokie as to say hey I'm in charge and that's usually when Smokie has had enough. I know it will just take time and patience, I'm sure they'll get it all worked out. Oh and he really freaks when the puppy gets near me. He could care less if he lays down by anyone else but as soon as he gets by me, Smokie just goes crazy. I don't quite understand it, guess he thinks he needs to protect me. Dogs, they are so awesome!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Smokie, Aug 6 4:52 pm

German Shepherd > Anybody have problems with Pemphigus in your shepherd?

Smokie

wanna play?

Barked: Fri Jul 30, '10 3:56pm PST 
Awww poor Zeus. I don't know anything about it, as a matter of fact I've never even heard of it. Good luck I wish him well.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Dieta, Jul 31 5:21 pm

Smokie

wanna play?

Barked: Sat Jul 24, '10 5:51pm PST 
OK it has been 3 hours since we got home with the pup. The other two dogs have been great with take his head off as soon as he seen him. I think this is going to be a very long process. But that's ok, I want to do it right so he doesn't hate him forever. We did a short meet and greet for about 5 mins and I could tell the puppy was getting very nervous, he kept trying to hide under me and Smokie continuously growled and barked. So we put Smokie in his room and let him watch t.v. for a while and let the pup run around and smell and investigate his new home. Then we put the pup in his room and let Smokie run around and smell everywhere the pup has been. I am hoping that short meeting sessions and the smells of one another will help them become aquainted. Thanks for the advice, wish us luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Smokie, Aug 6 4:52 pm

Smokie

wanna play?

Barked: Sat Jul 24, '10 11:29am PST 
We are getting a new puppy tonight, we have not had to introduce a new dog to Smokie. I am wondering if anyone has any advice.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Smokie, Aug 6 4:52 pm

Dog Health > Low Protein Dog food.

Smokie

wanna play?

Barked: Fri Jul 23, '10 5:32pm PST 
As some of you know, my sweet angel Smokie was recently diagnosed with kidney disease. The vet put him on Prescription Diet K/D. I am not a big fan of Hill's foods. If the low quality isn't bad enough, the price is ridiculous. I don't mind paying for a good quality food, but not this junk. I am wondering if anyone has experienced with a high quality low protein dog food. I will say since we've been on the K/D, his kidney function has improved just about to normal. Please, any advice would be appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Stella Agnes CGC/TDI, Jul 26 2:40 pm

German Shepherd > Good News

Smokie

wanna play?

Barked: Sat Jul 17, '10 1:40am PST 
Smokie went back to the vet Thursday and it seems things are better. We repeated the blood profile and all tests were within normal limits except for his creatinine, which was slightly elevated by 1 point. Thank you all for your support. I know this is gonna be a life long battle for us, but we know we are on the right track. He has even gained a half a pound, compared to losing a pound a week or more!! We are so excited.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 21 8:09 pm

German Shepherd > Weight loss

Smokie

wanna play?

Barked: Sat Jul 3, '10 3:31pm PST 
I don't know if it's just me wanting to see improvement, or it there really is improvement, but Smokie doesn't seem to be drinking and urinating quite so much. I really hope this is for real and he has a long joyful life ahead of him.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Dieta, Jul 3 5:23 pm

Dog Health > kidney disease in my GSD puppy
Smokie

wanna play?

Barked: Fri Jul 2, '10 3:10pm PST 
Wow lots of info. First off I want to thank you all for your info on this. To answer some of your questions, the ones I can remember, BOL! Since I rescued Smokie he has been drinking and urinating ALOT more than any of my other dogs. On our first vet visit, I had only had him 3 days, I asked about the drinking and urinating and was told some dogs just drink more and subsequently urinate more. I took this as it was and figured he's the vet he knows. Well, as time has gone by and I have spoken with other dog owners, they kept telling me it is not normal. So I pushed the vet to do bloodwork and his blood work was done yesterday, this is the first time we have had blood work. He has never had a urinalysis, vet didn't even recommend one. His urine seems dilute all the time. It never seems concentrated, of course I've never really gotten up close and personal. Maybe I should. He is so full of energy it makes it hard for me to imagine that he has any health issue. I am thinking about getting a second opinion on this issue. I will admit I do use a "country" vet. He is great with my animals, but I wonder if he is up to date on certain issues. He did do a CBC and said that would tell if he had an infection in his kidneys. I wonder if something happened to him when he was a little pup before I rescued him. I didn't get him until he was 6 months old. Again, thank you all SOO much for your help and input, it means a great deal to Smokie and I.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sassy, Jul 2 4:56 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.