Postings by Zack

GO!

(Page 1 of 47: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > 'Scary Dog'
Zack

I would rather- go through than- around!!

Barked: Fri Nov 2, '12 10:59am PST 
Asher funny you say that. We have a pug too! I KNOW that zack sticks up for her so we keep food separate, that will trigger her which triggers zack. Last night and this morning I watched for the 'stalking' and staring and called zack off and told him he was a good boy. Just found out that at lunch he was posing play bows and the foster followed suit with a mature paw to say "ya ok but not now". I think this is a HUGE break through smile. going to continue to have him come to me when he gets his moments but there was a moment of play and happiness which made us happy. Still need to be careful but any other suggestions are greatly appreciated smile.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Zack, Nov 2 10:59 am

Zack

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 10:35am PST 
separate and ask him to 'watch me', which we have worked on and then give the 'gentle' command. I have tried other methods... not proud to say I got some bad advice and tried a more 'dominant' method... all results seem to be the same. Need an overhaul... brand new approach I think.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Zack, Nov 2 10:59 am

Zack

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 7:55am PST 
I wish that was the case frown. If the dog fights back everything just gets worse. The male foster we took in we had to send off to another home because he actually took 'top dog'... zack was VERY unhappy poor guy frown we felt bad. We chaulked that one up to male dogs. The dogs he gets a long with are usually high energy and play rough... he likes to play rough. Any dog who refuses to play or to play rough he just has no interest and 'cuts them out'. He is a big meanie because the dog now is older and VERY sweet. He is fantastic with puppies and small things though. Could it be possible that me correcting him for aggressive play from the get go has turned into him just lashing out because he doesnt know what to do? If thats the case I just feel so helpless because I want to show him what to do. I know when he is going to do it because he will circle them and almost close in and if the other dog doesnt give a submissive play gesture he just does scary dog...
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Zack, Nov 2 10:59 am

Zack

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 7:35am PST 
I do agree it was just hard because he did get along SO well with our first foster. Scary as in goes stiff and then acts like he is attacking the other dog. Absolutely no damage done physically seems more of a "I need you to know I am 'the man'". Or it could be he doesnt know what to do and its a fear thing... feel like I don't understand him anymore frown. Going to read the books. Interesting thing is we were playing ball and the foster decided to join in. All went very well! Leads me to believe there is a trigger I am not picking up on because he has only done it twice and the rest of the time they seem to cohabitate very well. He was a rescue himself and I must admit I probably don't handle the situations like this well. Gonna read the books I hope they help smile.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Zack, Nov 2 10:59 am

Zack

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 11:21am PST 
I'll try and keep this short smile.

We own an american bulldog who is now 3 years old. He just a big goofball of a dog but he has his, what we call, 'scaqry dog' moments. We call it scary dog because it looks like he is 'attacking' another dog but he has never done actual damage... its like he is just putting up a front. He is strong enough that if he wanted to of course he could do damage. It is definately not a play gesture or something that could even come close to aggressive play. We started fostering to see if we could work on it. The first dog he did his 'scary dog' thing to backed off and after a few days they actually became good friends. Next was a male, which I should have known better. They fought and zack lost part of his ear in one of their scraps frown. Had to find another place for that foster. We said no more males and have tried another female. She is older than him but very docile. She is a lab... very sweet. Zack, of course did scary dog when she first came in. They seemed to be co-habitating nicely when today there was another scary dog incident. The foster does nothing but cower and slink away. I feel horrible because it seems like Zack is just being a big bully! We have tried on leash, off leash, muzzle, no muzzle... I am out of ideas and I cannot for the life of me connect with him to figure out why he is doing this. Help frown
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Zack, Nov 2 10:59 am

Food & Nutrition > "Dogs physically can't utilize protein over 32%"
Zack

Barked: Mon May 14, '12 1:47pm PST 
The food companies that tailor to racing dogs need to understand we all don't have racing dogs ahahah. we have to adapt for our couch potatoes and limited exercise pets which raw does a FANTASTIC job of smile. sled dogs, I would imagine, burn enough to say carbs would be beneficial for them. Just because they do well on it though does not mean that there should be any anti-raw stuff goin on. that stinks imo
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Mulder, May 27 8:14 am

Food & Nutrition > What do you think?

Zack

Barked: Thu Mar 22, '12 8:35am PST 
This company posted a video of how their food is really made. Thoughts? Sorry I still havent figured out how to post a link blue dog silly me. Just remove spaces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvwVka7e3Bk

dog walk
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Zack, Mar 22 8:35 am

Raw Food Diet > Inquiry :)

Zack

Barked: Thu Feb 16, '12 1:43pm PST 
My thoughts exactly wink Thanks for clarifying Max. That NutritionData website really does kick butt!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Zack, Feb 16 1:43 pm

Raw Food Diet > Inquiry :)

Zack

Barked: Thu Feb 16, '12 12:56pm PST 
Ok so I do 80/10/10. Someone just told me I should be adding salt. Needed?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Zack, Feb 16 1:43 pm

Who's Feeling Silly? > Connect a word!
Zack

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 11:53am PST 
issue on floor eek
[notify]
» There has since been 1325 posts. Last posting by JerryLee, Thu 5:04 am

(Page 1 of 47: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.