Postings by Lex

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Raw Food Diet > Pancreatitis help needed
Lex

aka Bobotron- 3000

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 4:33pm PST 
My vet just called and said that Lex's test came back and she's "borderline" for pancreatitis. Basically, she didn't want to eat, was vomiting occasionally, and lethargic. While we were waiting for test results, I started feeding her smaller meals and she seems to be doing a bit better (no throwing up). My vet does not approve of raw so she recommended some prescription diet that I do NOT want to give Lex. So what do I feed her? I get my raw pre-ground from www.mypetcarnivore.com. I know I'm supposed to be feeding her low-fat. Any help is appreciated!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jace, Jan 23 10:39 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > What do I need to know about adopting?
Lex

aka Bobotron- 3000

Barked: Thu Mar 1, '12 10:06am PST 
Thank you both for the responses! We submitted an application to a rescue and it was approved. Now I want to go meet the dog and then introduce him to my dog. I am not falling in love until I know he's right for us and we're right for him (I say this knowing that as soon as I meet him I'll probably be a goner wink).
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lex, Mar 1 10:06 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > What do I need to know about adopting?

Lex

aka Bobotron- 3000

Barked: Wed Feb 29, '12 8:25am PST 
We have one dog right now that we bought from a breeder. We are thinking about getting a second dog and definitely want to adopt. What do we need to know about adopting, owning a second dog, etc?

Also, we're interested in Boston Terriers if anyone wants to chime in on breed specifics smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lex, Mar 1 10:06 am

Raw Food Diet > Grassfed = allergies?? Also, general allergy help needed

Lex

aka Bobotron- 3000

Barked: Thu Dec 30, '10 11:11am PST 
The two vets I've seen didn't recommend the allergy tests saying that they aren't accurate?? I don't know...

Thanks for the info, Meridian. "there are dozens if not hundreds of other approaches that might help" - can you expand further on this? I am desperate smile
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Manchego, Jan 4 2:07 pm

Lex

aka Bobotron- 3000

Barked: Thu Dec 30, '10 10:09am PST 
I have given her lamb, goat, muskrat, etc. but never for an extended period of time. Perhaps I should start an elimination process. There just seems to be no rhyme or reason or pattern that I can see. She's eaten beef for a long time so it doesn't make sense why her allergies would suddenly get worse if she is indeed allergic to it. It's so frustrating.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Manchego, Jan 4 2:07 pm

Lex

aka Bobotron- 3000

Barked: Thu Dec 30, '10 7:53am PST 
Lex has awful allergies. I'm pretty sure they are environmental - grass, mold, pollen, probably dust. I took her to a holistic vet that gave her herbal supplements which she was apparently allergic to. She got so bad that I took her to a regular vet for a steroid shot and cream. I hated to do it but it was a quality of life issue. It helped a lot but she's had three flare ups since then and I don't know what to do anymore. The first flare up came after I fed her tripe. It didn't occur to me that cows eat grass and since she's allergic to grass...yeah. Another shot and antibiotics cleared it up. But now she's bad again (severe scratching to the point of bleeding, eyes watering, nose running, rubbing her mouth and chin on furniture and carpet) and I don't know what to do. I am feeding her grassfed beef that I get from mypetcarnivore.com. It is from young (1-7 day old), milkfed cows - do you think it could be causing an allergic reaction? Any help or thoughts are appreciated!!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Manchego, Jan 4 2:07 pm

Raw Food Diet > Should I buy a grinder?

Lex

aka Bobotron- 3000

Barked: Thu Aug 26, '10 2:26pm PST 
What about pork rib bones or are they too tough for the grinder to handle? I think I am going to order the Tasin too.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Feather, Aug 29 9:23 am

Raw Food Diet > difficult decision...

Lex

aka Bobotron- 3000

Barked: Thu Aug 26, '10 2:15pm PST 
I like the idea of giving him literature when/if you see him but as Delta mentioned you can also send him a message on facebook without actually friending him. I've done that with people before - it makes it less awkward that way. Plus if you stress that it's purely concern over the dog I think it makes it less creepy smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Charlie, Aug 26 8:23 pm

Lex

aka Bobotron- 3000

Barked: Mon Aug 23, '10 12:38pm PST 
I guess I meant feeding her recreational bones that she just chews on but doesn't consume.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Feather, Aug 29 9:23 am

Lex

aka Bobotron- 3000

Barked: Mon Aug 23, '10 12:24pm PST 
Maxwell - I've given her meaty bones that are intended for chewing and not consumption from Primal. She chews on them OK but she doesn't try to eat the bone.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Feather, Aug 29 9:23 am

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.