Postings by Zeke

GO!

Doberman Pinscher > Vet wants me to crop the ears and tail....

Zeke

Zeke - rub my belly!

Barked: Sat Dec 26, '09 1:00pm PST 
I say keep the tail and the ears intact. I have had four Dobies, and three had intact ears. They look great on adult dogs. My last (recently deceased) had had his ears cropped by a complete amateur and they looked terrible. All had docked tails, but I would never have had it done if I had gotten the dogs before it was done. Certainly at your Dobie's age I would not do it. Keep them!
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Delta, Apr 3 9:08 am

Doberman Pinscher > Heart disease......what now?
Zeke

Zeke - rub my belly!

Barked: Sat Dec 26, '09 12:50pm PST 
Our doberman Zeus died just this week from heart disease. He probably had cardiomyopathy. He sometimes coughed, but the main symptom was that he fainted. Our vet was treating him with a human drug to try to control his arrhythmia, and it seemed to be working. Unfortunately, it was just not enough. I suggest that you talk to your vet about whether this is his problem. He may want to have an ECG done, and maybe an ultrasound. If your vet is not familiar with this problem, look for a referral to a vet who is. If it is cardiomyopathy, the outlook may not be good. Overexertion should definitely be avoided.

I am very sorry about your Dobie and I hope you can get his problems under control. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 13 10:17 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.