Postings by HoneyBunny 1993-2006

GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > March 2nd - The Last Hoorah Pawty!
HoneyBunny- 1993-2006

Recycle- Love--Adopt!

Barked: Sat Jan 18, '14 2:58pm PST 
dogdogdog bump dogdogdog
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Pogo, Jan 23 6:12 pm

Dog Health > He Bloated
HoneyBunny- 1993-2006

Recycle- Love--Adopt!

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 11:20am PST 
Our Honey bloated at age 13. She also had the occasional fits of vomiting water. I read somewhere afterwards that vomiting water is a "pre-bloat" symptom. Sadly, Honey passed quickly (she was in renal failure before the bloat). I wish your pup a speedy recovery.
hug
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ginger DSA ThD TT CGC &hearts, Jan 12 7:17 pm

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!

HoneyBunny- 1993-2006

Recycle- Love--Adopt!

Barked: Sun Apr 29, '12 2:05pm PST 
so happy to hear Miss Jenna doing so well. wishing her days filled with sunshine, love and happiness.
flowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowersflowers

The Pet Expo sounds like fun! The one we have here you're only allowed to bring dogs if you're with one of the rescue booths or vendor booths. Ours is a massive show, but held in close quarters at Arlington Park Racetrack, under the stands. It was the last major event HoneyBunny did for As Good as Gold Golden Retriever Rescue.

Thinking of SargeMom tomorrow with her scan. Been on thyroid pills for 7 years here. Mine just up and quit working... they never figured out why.

Hope that S&SMom can find some relief somewhere. Cluster Headaches, Migraines, whatever you want to call them, you have NO idea of the pain unless you've experienced one. It just can't be described. Pain so bad you vomit. Vomiting so bad you can't stop. I pray something can finally be found to ease this for you.

Really wonderful article in today's newspaper about a teen born with Spina Bifida who plays wheelchair basketball and pitches for his HS baseball team while OUT OF HIS CHAIR! Such a wonderful story of the power of the human spirit. Going to send it off to Melissa&Andy, Matthew's Mom&Dad. Thank you all for your continued prayers. It's just so hard to see him look so perfect and know now that things are so terribly wrong... But, as the young man in the article proved, with love, prayers and hard work, much can be overcome.

I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for young parents hit with such a terrible prognosis. Melissa put this up on her FB page the other day: "saw this and made me think of matthew (and myself): "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" -Jeremiah 29:11" If she can find hope, so must we all...

Love to you all... every second, every day.
hug Buh-ens hug
[notify]
» There has since been 4065 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 1:12 pm

HoneyBunny- 1993-2006

Recycle- Love--Adopt!

Barked: Fri Apr 13, '12 8:36pm PST 
dog When Jenna was first diagnosed we posted a note about her on our FB page. We copied the url from our browser window and pasted it in. Then hit "enter". We were shocked, then amazed, and now heart-warmed by what we saw. A link to Jenna's Dogster page, with the caption "Dog profile for Jenna, a female Golden Retriever."

dog But what got us all shook up was the picture. Instead of a picture of Jenna, there was a picture of our angel HoneyBunny! Darbi said it best: "..the picture of HoneyBunny, she is an angel and helping Jenna and her family to get through. Bless her heart."

HoneyBunny would love to be Jenna's Guardian Angel.

hughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 4199 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 1:12 pm

HoneyBunny- 1993-2006

Recycle- Love--Adopt!

Barked: Sun Feb 26, '12 4:58am PST 
Heading out to meet Nancy Lady for the IKC Dog Show at McCormick Place! Years ago we used to attend with HoneyBunny & Remo, representing As Good as Gold--Golden Retriever Rescue of Northern Illinois. Now we just go and admire the dogs, scarf up whatever free handouts there are, drop dollars in all the donation jars and oooo and ahhhhh over the expensive dog trinkets at all of the vendor's booths! Should be a fun day (if I can stay awake--haven't had any sleep yet)!
[notify]
» There has since been 4518 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 1:12 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Sally- Sassy's Mommy
HoneyBunny- 1993-2006

Recycle- Love--Adopt!

Barked: Fri Mar 19, '10 10:44pm PST 
holding paw out to angel Gracie Jane...

sending POP every second of every day to sweet Sally

hughughughughughughughughughug

stompin' for Miss Sally

snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy

$|| $|snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy

[notify]
» There has since been 685 posts. Last posting by ♥ DarlaMae ♥, May 23 12:57 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > want to donate to this rescure, is it a good one?

HoneyBunny- 1993-2006

Recycle- Love--Adopt!

Barked: Sat Jun 20, '09 7:39pm PST 
The rescue that we volunteer with is registered with Guidestar. They have this in posted on the rescue's donation webpage:

Guidestar
With so many nonprofits in America, how can you determine which are legitimate organizations that deserve your support? How do you know if your gift will be tax deductible? GuideStar is the answer. All 1.5 million nonprofits listed with GuideStar are formally registered with the IRS or have proven they meet all IRS criteria for exempt organizations. As Good as Gold is included in GuideStar's list of 501(c)(3) charitable organizations. Click here to access our information.

http://www2.guidestar.org/AdvancedSearch.aspx (no extra spaces)

If the GSD rescue is a legit 501(c)(3) non profit, they might be listed. And the guidestar.org link is to the main page where you put in the state and other info to look up non-profs. Hope this helps.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 20 8:01 pm

Dog of the Day & Week > Dixie BlackPearl is DOTD!

HoneyBunny- 1993-2006

Recycle- Love--Adopt!

Barked: Sat Jun 13, '09 8:28pm PST 
Congrats to the shiney black pearl that took my spot on Daddy's lap.
Angel-kisses and love...

little angelcheerlittle angelcheerlittle angelcheerlittle angelcheerlittle angel
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sarge, Jun 15 3:08 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Evil Golden Retriever!

HoneyBunny- 1993-2006

Recycle- Love--Adopt!

Barked: Sat Jun 6, '09 12:04am PST 
Sorry Rex... our beautiful breed was the #3 biter in the U.S. in dog bites reported to authorities in 2008. A legacy of the bad breeding following the Air Bud movies...

cry
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mr. BoJangles, Jun 6 6:40 am

Get Well Soon > Holly Golightly Needs Prayers
HoneyBunny- 1993-2006

Recycle- Love--Adopt!

Barked: Tue Mar 17, '09 7:04pm PST 
sending love and the positive Power of the Paw
to a sweet Golden and the rest of her family of rescues.

hughughughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Perky 1981-2000, Mar 18 2:01 pm

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.