Postings by Roxy

GO!

(Page 1 of 63: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '14 8:23pm PST 
wave Hi Everyone! It's been a long time. I thought I would pop in and say hi and I'm still around. Thor is doing pretty good. He has a bad limp but getting around. If you didn't know, you would think he was an older dog because of how bad the limping is and how slow he gets up,when laying down. Poor guy.

We woke up to FIVE inches of snow this morning! So not happy over that! It's about all melted but we could get more snow Tuesday night. It's supposed to be Spring by now!!

I'm cleaning house trying to get things ready for Easter. My kids are coming home Friday. My youngest son is really excited his sisters are coming home!

Hope all is well with everyone. flowers
[notify]
» There has since been 47 posts. Last posting by Moira, Today 9:00 pm

Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Fri Mar 14, '14 8:36pm PST 
Thanks guys! I'm pretty proud of Thor! They couldn't tell he has a bum leg from the door. The guy standing behind the pushy one said, "holy sh#t that's a big dog!" laugh out loud Thor does fill up a doorway! laugh out loud it was an older pickup. No plates on the front and muddy so I couldn't see the back. We live on the edge of the County so we don't have good police protection here. It takes the Ambulance 1 1/2 hours to get to us! Guess they couldn't find our farm that time. The Sheriff that would have to come out here is 45 miles away! Oh, and yes Thor got a new big bully stick!
[notify]
» There has since been 294 posts. Last posting by Moira, Today 9:00 pm

Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Thu Mar 13, '14 7:51pm PST 
wave. Hi! Just stopping in to tell you Thor's doing pretty good. He walks slow holding his leg up. He's really enjoying laying on the step by the door in the sun. He still has pain and cries. I give him medicine for that. The UPS Man was happy to see him laying by the door. Thor talked to him. The guy said he hopes Thor's legs get strong again.

I also have to tell you today two men in a pickup stopped and pounded on the door. Bella and Roxy started barking like crazy and Thor howling following me to the door. The man said he wanted to come in and talk to me about something. Their old pickup and the looks of these two men made me uneasy. I told them NO, I wasn't interested in anything. He pulled the door open more and tried to step inside when Thor pushed in front of me and Growled a loud low growl!! The man said boy he sounds mean, you have a lot of dogs! I said he is mean and hard to control. They backed up I pulled Thor back and I slammed and locked the door! Thor's hair was standing up on his back! He was mad! I could smell alcohol on these guys. They were up to no good!! I was home alone. Bella and Roxy barked the whole time until they drove out of the yard! There is so many bad things happening out in my area lately it's scary! I am so proud of Thor! He's my hero today!snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 306 posts. Last posting by Moira, Today 9:00 pm

Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Mon Mar 10, '14 3:32pm PST 
Thor got his cast off today! cheer

He has to be careful and no running for 6 weeks. Vet would like him tied when outside and walked on a leash. Thor's leg isn't as good as the Vet had hoped. He said it felt a "little loose" to him. But it's time the cast comes off. Thor has a pressure sore. It isn't wide open like before, this one is in a different spot. Thor's leg is drawn up and he doesn't want to step on it yet. I'm sure it feels different to get that cast off! So hopefully this recovery time goes well.

Bella got her hair shaved and a spot checked under her eye. She got antibiotic for her sore. Could be another abscessed tooth. Will x-Ray that next time if sore doesn't improve.

Big day at the Vet today! It was also 47 degrees in Minot today! I had to take my coat off! laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 332 posts. Last posting by Moira, Today 9:00 pm

Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '14 5:40pm PST 
Sonja, my friends and I think foul play. The way her car was left is very suspicious. So sad.
[notify]
» There has since been 339 posts. Last posting by Moira, Today 9:00 pm

Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '14 3:02pm PST 
Just wanted to let you know they found the missing Woman. She was found at a vacant farm in an old car dead. No one knows for sure what happened. Some guessing is she froze to death. I just think there is more going on. Why did she leave her car, door open, keys in, purse on seat with money and cell phone? I'm just sick this happened so close to home and I know her. She has five little girls at home. Two in the 3rd grade with my son. Just heart breaking. frown

Thor's the same. I'm giving him his pain medication so he sleeps more again. I'll be so glad to get to the Vet tomorrow. He's had this cast on for three weeks. I'm going to ask them to leave it off. It's been at least 6 to 8 weeks since his second surgery. I have to go back and look. Wish us luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 341 posts. Last posting by Moira, Today 9:00 pm

Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '14 7:11pm PST 
Thanks Flicka. I'm a little stressed out over this. I have tried so hard with Thor and seem to be getting no where! Thor has to be at the Vet at 9am Monday. I'll leave here as soon as my son gets on the school bus. No one is at the clinic on Sunday.

I just read on Facebook a girl I worked with is missing! She has two little girls in my sons class in school to. I think 5 kids at home. Her car was found at a Bar not far from where I live, with the door open, keys in, cell phone and money left in it! No one has seen or heard from her since March 5th! Also a neighbors farm house was broke into! It's gotten crazy scary here! I can't believe she's missing!
[notify]
» There has since been 346 posts. Last posting by Moira, Today 9:00 pm

Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Sat Mar 8, '14 4:56pm PST 
Hi guys! Love the SPAM gift! That's so awesome! Wish Old Thor was here to see what he's brought to us!

So I'm wondering about Thor's leg. I know he has another pressure sore or his old one has opened up again. He is whining and limping more, his cast smells terrible and I noticed a dark stain on his cast where it's coming through. I can't remember but I'm sure it's been 7 weeks after his second surgery. Can I ask the Vet to leave the cast off? Thor has had a cast on since November! He is suffering with another pressure sore and so unhappy not being outside. My hubby has let Thor outside because Thor cries to him and I know the cast has gotten wet. I'm wondering if his leg shouldn't be healed now. Thor sees the Vet on Monday morning. I just am so on edge with Thor's crying and looking for something to do and now having pain again.

We are having a very nice weekend of nice weather! Hope everyone is doing well. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 348 posts. Last posting by Moira, Today 9:00 pm

Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Sun Mar 2, '14 9:28pm PST 
Just wanted to say Hi! wave

Thor's doing pretty good. He's just busy getting into anything he can find to do! I'll be so glad when the cast comes off and he can go outside and walk around!

It's been extremely cold here. This weekend wind chills down to -50 below again. I got up during the night and had to check and see if the furnace was working the house felt so cold. It was blowing warm air, it was just so darn cold outside! I am so looking forward to Spring! It's not even safe driving when it's this cold!

Take care all. flowers
[notify]
» There has since been 410 posts. Last posting by Moira, Today 9:00 pm

Roxy

Here comes- Trouble!

Barked: Fri Feb 14, '14 8:10pm PST 
Thor got his cast changed. It was cracked and there was irritation between his toes. His leg looked good. He's not feeling good tonight. He gets sick and throws up after being put under. Tomorrow should be better.

At the Vet it was very interesting sitting in the waiting room. Lots of different dogs. Thor woo wooed a little. He talked to the cat sitting in the sun licking her paws! That really bothered him! Kitty lives there. So this crazy lady comes in and sets her little brown dog on the floor and let's him run! No leash! This dog runs barking right to Thor! I almost had a heart attack!!! Thor was standing and he raised his head up high and did his low growl and the little dog was barking and jumping trying to get Thor! The girls behind the desk came running over and picked up that little dog and turned to the crazy lady and told her to hold or leash her dog! She was lucky Thor didn't bite him. She said Thor has a broken leg and your lucky something bad didn't happen. She told the lady some dogs don't feel well or have pain and you can't let your dog run!

An older man sitting there said Thor was a good boy and laughed at how Thor raised his head high so the little dog couldn't bite his nose! I told him I had two little dogs at home! He said one grab and shake and that dog would be done for! I couldn't believe that lady!

So that was my exciting day! laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 576 posts. Last posting by Moira, Today 9:00 pm

(Page 1 of 63: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.