GO!

(Page 1 of 22: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Standard Poodle > Looking for a poodle pup
Juniper CGC

SQUIRRELLLL?- Where??

Barked: Thu Jul 14, '11 7:50pm PST 
Hello Lady Posh!

I posted above as "Nova" my new parti girl. I didn't end up getting a puppy. I looked around a lot and I went up and met with Gloria at Tintlet and got to meet several of her beautiful partis, but she wasn't planning a parti litter any time soon. I still have plans to eventually get a pup from her, but that will probably be a few years down the road.

I ended up adopting a 2 year old female from Carolina Poodle Rescue. I applied to them not expecting them to EVER get a parti standard in, but I let them know that I was looking for a parti but would consider any solid standard that wasn't black (I'm just not a fan of black dogs). I got a call a few months later that they had a young parti female that came in as an owner surrender. I was actually leaning toward adopting a two year old silver female at Tintlet that had been removed from her breeding program and had pretty much given up my search for a parti, but I decided to go up and see this girl at the rescue. I fell in love the moment I laid eyes on her, and have never looked back. She is a wonderful dog, has an amazing temperament and personality, is a picture of health and has no behavioral problems. I can't believe I got a dog like this from a rescue, but I guess it does happen!

Thanks for checking in on us, and be sure to check out Nova's page. She is a very pretty girl, and very smart as well! We are hoping to take our CGC test this fall (Juniper and Nova will be taking it) and I hope to start dock diving with Nova as well. After her CGC, I want to start working on her Therapy dog certification.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Nova CGC , Jul 27 5:56 pm

Food & Nutrition > Update on my persuasive speech!
Juniper CGC

SQUIRRELLLL?- Where??

Barked: Sat Apr 16, '11 10:43am PST 
So some of you may have seen an earlier post, about a month ago, where I was asking for suggestions/ideas to incorporate into a persuasive speech to my communications class. This was our final project in this class, and counted as a major portion of my grade.

Well, thanks to everyone's suggestions, the speech went great! The professor always gave the opportunity for questions from the class after everyone gave their speech. Normally no one asked any, or maybe ONE questions got asked.

He actually had to cut the discussion short for me because people were asking so many questions that we ran out of time and class was over. EVERYONE had questions and SO many people were planning on going out and getting better food for their pets! I even had one girl considering a home-cooked diet!

Makes me feel so good that my classmates actually took what I said to heart. Thanks everyone for the great suggestions that you provided, I am pretty sure I secured a solid "A" in that class!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by MACH, C-ATCH Bailey RN, CGCA, Apr 16 4:19 pm

Food & Nutrition > petsmart carrying innova

Juniper CGC

SQUIRRELLLL?- Where??

Barked: Sat Apr 16, '11 10:37am PST 
Evo, Innova, and California Naturals were just stocked at my local Pet Supplies Plus as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Juniper CGC , Apr 16 10:37 am

Doberman Pinscher > Dobermans As Service Dogs

Juniper CGC

SQUIRRELLLL?- Where??

Barked: Wed Apr 13, '11 6:29pm PST 
Hello!

I am a representative of a service dog training school, and we are currently looking to incorporate dobermans into our training program. We are searching for reputable breeders in the Southeast US that would be willing to donate a puppy or two, and that would be interested in forming a long-standing relationship with our organization.

We are looking for pups with solid temperaments and a strong desire to work. If anyone has any suggestions, or knows a breeder that might be interested, please paw-mail me! I can provide to you my contact information, as well as information on the program I work with and you can provide that to any breeder you think would be interested. If anyone has suggestions for breeders that I should contact in the Southeast, please also let me know.

Thanks so much for everyone's time smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by DEACON, Jul 31 5:39 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Where's the law?

Juniper CGC

SQUIRRELLLL?- Where??

Barked: Wed Apr 13, '11 8:14am PST 
Thanks for that link. That may be useful. One of our local coordinators also sits on the board for Guide Dog Users of Georgia, and they worked really hard to get the law passed that allows SDIT's public access here. She is going to bring this up at their next meeting and see if they could help us push to get something passed that specifically states that it is illegal. Maybe something can get done!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Taser, Apr 13 3:56 pm

Juniper CGC

SQUIRRELLLL?- Where??

Barked: Tue Apr 12, '11 5:15pm PST 
I have contacted our local reps, but maybe I could try contacting at the national level. I don't know that we have a "legal" person but maybe we have someone who would know.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Taser, Apr 13 3:56 pm

Juniper CGC

SQUIRRELLLL?- Where??

Barked: Tue Apr 12, '11 4:18pm PST 
I could try and look up those contacts. I'm not exactly sure who I would be looking for though. But that is a good idea!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Taser, Apr 13 3:56 pm

Juniper CGC

SQUIRRELLLL?- Where??

Barked: Tue Apr 12, '11 2:56pm PST 
Try as I might, I can't find anything similar to that California law in any of Georgia's laws. I have tried searching "Georgia Penal Code" but have had no luck finding anything helpful. I had someone trying to argue with me that it was only "immoral" not "illegal" to fake a service dog, and that he couldn't get in trouble if he tried to do it and got caught.

Unfortunately I am afraid he may be right (not about the "not illegal" part, but about the "he probably won't actually get in trouble" part.

It's so frustrating. I think if someone tried to push it in Georgia, it could be punishable under some vague fraud laws. Technically, it is "impersonating a person with a disability" which would carry whatever punishment there is for putting a handicap sticker on your car if you aren't handicapped, right?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Taser, Apr 13 3:56 pm

Juniper CGC

SQUIRRELLLL?- Where??

Barked: Mon Apr 11, '11 5:49pm PST 
I am trying to find a specific law that says that it is ILLEGAL to impersonate a person with a disability by faking a service dog. Anyone know where I can find this? I live in GA, but have had no luck finding anything.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Taser, Apr 13 3:56 pm

Food & Nutrition > Pinnacle?
Juniper CGC

SQUIRRELLLL?- Where??

Barked: Sun Apr 10, '11 9:06am PST 
Thanks for the input, everyone. I think we may try this and see how Juniper does with it. Our Pet Supplies Plus just started carrying Pinnacle (they don't have regular AvoDerm), and as far as I know they are the only store in the area with it. They do have a grain free line, with 3 different varieties (a chicken, a turkey, and a fish; wish they had red meat). The grain free is priced comparably to Blue Buffalo's grain inclusive line and regular Wellness.

Our PSP just started carrying Canidae's grain free line too (finally!) so we may also add that into the rotation. Thanks again for the advice!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Juniper CGC , Apr 10 9:06 am

(Page 1 of 22: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.