GO!

(Page 1 of 227: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sat Aug 31, '13 8:49am PST 
Toto..I can only comment from my phone..and even then it's hit & miss. Despite repeated attempts that have gone on for over 6 months, it's still not fixed. So I can't even respond to John's asinine, insulting response to my post. That was the kicker...that HQ thinks insulting community members is OK. If I want to be insulted there are plenty of folks who would be happy to oblige melaugh out loud like my ex-hubby big laugh
Flicka...I hear you, but I just don't have it in me to fight any more.
Stay tuned for a possible Harlow exitwink
[notify]
» There has since been 3200 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 5:31 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Squ'mey

Barked: Fri Aug 30, '13 9:36pm PST 
Hi all wave
Just popping in to say goodbye to my Dogster pals. I have totally had it with Say media. The tipping point came today with the ridiculous article in the Dogster rag..er mag...about how to apply eyeliner!!!shock And to have John respond to my comment like I'm some illiterate doofus was just too much to take!
I've deleted all my photos except my profile pics in preparation to leave for good. I have 100 zealies that are up for grabs if anyone wants them.
This was once a great site, full of well informed folk. Yes, we had our squabbles, but what family doesn't?
The fora are all but dead...days go by with nothing but "does this collar make my dog look fat?" type stuff. Intelligent posts get lost in the pap.
Site features don't work properly, spambots, and the "we're Say..we don't care about our longtime members" attitude has just pushed me over the edge. cry
So I'll be checking out for good sometime tomorrow..so speak up if you want my zealies.
I'll miss my pals, but most of you are already on facebook. so we can still connect there.
[notify]
» There has since been 3204 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 5:31 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Extensive List of Worst Puppies for Newbies

Squ'mey

Barked: Wed Aug 28, '13 11:23am PST 
Definitely not a German Shepherd. I see way too many people who don't do the research on their long, trying adolescent period, and end up dumping the dog around a year old. Worse, they label them as aggressive, stubborn, stupid, dominant...which reduces their chances for adoption.
Wiley, my gsd mix, was returned twice for aggression!! When I asked about his issues, the shelter staff described perfectly normal puppy gsd stuff. When I said as much, you could see the staff relax. I was his third and final home at 9 months old. He is pretty much bomb-proof today. Except when he sees a squirrel. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Lucy, Sep 16 3:04 pm

Behavior & Training > I'm Dominant!

Squ'mey

Barked: Sat Aug 24, '13 7:05pm PST 
All of that stuff in quotations is a bunch of hooey hogwash!! laugh out loud
Dogs are not trying to take over the world, and percentages? Baloney.
Train the dog for behaviours you want. Teach incompatible behaviours to replace those you don't want. Example..a sitting dog can not jump. Not giving the ball? Game over, no chasing her for it or wrestling it from her mouth. Teach a drop it, or a give. Start by trading the ball for a juicy treat. Or carry an extra ball. She'll drop ball one to chase ball two.
Training needs to be done every day in a consistent manner. Forget the tv trainers & myths. Dominance is fluid..it depends on what resources are present (toys, people, food, etc).
Try a more positive style of training. All the issues you mention are easily handled. See if you can attend a positive training class. Whatever you're doing is obviously not working for you, so time to try something new.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Nov 4 7:07 am

Dogs and a Clean Home > my tips for a clean home even with pets!

Squ'mey

Barked: Fri Aug 23, '13 3:22pm PST 
Dogs can totally get on furniture with pillows or even chairs stacked on top!
Guest unless you have permission from hq you can not advertize in the fora.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Thu 10:55 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Dogster Magazine: A Beginner's Guide to Finding Responsible Dog Breeders
Squ'mey

Barked: Fri Aug 23, '13 12:52pm PST 
Now this is the type & quality of articles I would expect from Dogster! Good on HQ for using the knowledge of longtime, knowledgable members like Lucy to get out the message. Kudos to Dogster & bravo to Tiller. applausehail
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Twister, Aug 23 7:45 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Dog Weed-Whacked at Dallas Dog Park

Squ'mey

Barked: Wed Aug 21, '13 11:48am PST 
I agree..the company did the absolute right thing. I hope police pursue the incident and lay charges. Poor dog cry
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 22 8:18 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Teaching a non-SD dog a task..help please.

Squ'mey

Barked: Wed Aug 21, '13 11:31am PST 
Iris. Thank you so much flowers
I really like how you described it. It will totally fit with my friend's style of training. I will definitely pass this on. hail
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 1 10:04 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > i need help findin my puppys breed

Squ'mey

Barked: Wed Aug 21, '13 11:25am PST 
Well..what is his breed? You never said laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 21 11:25 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Teaching a non-SD dog a task..help please.
Squ'mey

Barked: Tue Aug 20, '13 9:21am PST 
Iris: My friend thinks a bark would be great. I would love to hear how to train for it.
Ridgerunner: Ooh..GPS..what a great idea! I will pass that on.smile That is my friend's fear..that she goes for a quick pee, or throw in laundry, & Mom just leaves. Even with extra locks & alarms, it does just take a second for something to happen.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 1 10:04 pm

(Page 1 of 227: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.