Postings by Hazel Louise

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Dog Health > Allergies/hotspots remedies, please help
Hazel Louise

Therapy Dog- Greatness!

Barked: Sun Jul 28, '13 6:56pm PST 
I'm glad the coconut oil is working! I would also like to recommend a product called Vetricyn. It's kinda expensive, anywhere from 25.00 to 40.00 a bottle, but it works and should last awhile. It's good for hotspots, wounds, bug bites, rashes, etc.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Hazel Louise, Jul 28 6:56 pm

Small Dogs > Coat question about a Caviler King Charles Spaniel
Hazel Louise

Therapy Dog- Greatness!

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 9:04am PST 
Generally it does take around 1-3 years for the full coat to come in. I have 2 Cavs now. My Ruby, Laverne, has a thick coat. My Black & Tan, Hazel, has a very nice coat but it is a little thinner than Laverne's, especially her "furnishings"....leg feathers and foot slippers and ears. My Blenheim, Stella (who went to the Bridge in January), had the thickest coat I've ever seen on a Cav. The groomer always remarked on it!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Hazel Louise, Apr 27 9:04 am

Food & Nutrition > Has anyone tried the Honest Kitchen Beams?

Hazel Louise

Therapy Dog- Greatness!

Barked: Fri Mar 15, '13 8:38am PST 
My 3 small dogs love them. They don't really like other chews, but they do love these. Because my dogs are smaller they do last a little longer than a treat. I buy the smaller size. I think they're pretty reasonably priced. They do smell...like fish lol!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by UCH Onyx TT, CGC, Mar 16 7:18 pm

Food & Nutrition > What doggy food do you recommend?

Hazel Louise

Therapy Dog- Greatness!

Barked: Mon Aug 27, '12 10:21am PST 
I have 4 small dogs and I rotate between Fromm grain free, Core small breed, and sometimes I use Pinnacle GF. I also top with canned foods, mostly Wellness Stews, Fromm, Weruva and Simply Nourish.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Aug 28 10:19 am

Food & Nutrition > Natural Balance Test Results

Hazel Louise

Therapy Dog- Greatness!

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '12 8:40am PST 
I've been feeding Natural Balance, too, for a few months now. I was feeding the LIDs, but have since switched to the Alpha Trout and also the Chicken/Turkey. My guys don't do well on Lamb, so we won't be trying that one. Anyway, I love that they do this testing and that you can read the report, too! Also, fyi, the Alpha formulas are not made in a Diamond facility like some of the rest of their formulas (not that this is a deal breaker for me, just fyi).
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Hazel Louise, Apr 26 8:40 am

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel > Cavalier Questions? Dry Skin? Full coat?
Hazel Louise

Therapy Dog- Greatness!

Barked: Thu Mar 15, '12 3:25pm PST 
Sorry for being so long in answering your post. Cavaliers don't get their full coats until about 2 years of age. As for the flakes, she may need to have some oil added to her food (like salmon/fish oil or coconut oil). You might check the fat content of the food you're feeding, too, to see if it's enough to support her coat. Btw, there is a facebook page for Black & Tans, in case you didn't know about it. Check it out. I have 3 Cavaliers: Stella Agnes (11 year old Blenheim), Hazel Louise (will be 5 this year and is a Black & Tan), and Laverne Marie (will be 7 this year and is a Ruby). Love Cavaliers....I will always have at least one!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Onyx & Ruby, Mar 30 6:03 pm

Dog Health > Thoughts on groomers who do not ask for shot records...?

Hazel Louise

Therapy Dog- Greatness!

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 12:18pm PST 
I have a new groomer. She is quite professional, imho. The first visit was for her to "meet" the dogs, and vice versa, to see how they looked and to get them familiar with the shop. I was also asked to stay and was taken back to the grooming area, where we talked about the dogs, any thing I was wondering about, etc. While we were talking the first visit, she actually did do a brushing/massage with each dog to determine their personalities. She asked for shot records (I just started doing titers and she was fine with that) and told me what she would charge per dog. She is charging me 40.00 each. I have 3 Cavaliers and a mixed breed with an undercoat. The Cavs weigh on average 16 lbs. and the mixed breed 25 lbs. I thought that was reasonable. I chose to bring 2 dogs per month and alternate them. We scheduled the first 2 dogs appts. Since then she has groomed the first 2 dogs, Lucy and Hazel (my mixed breed and my blk & tan Cav). I dropped them off and picked them up when she called me to say they were done. She gave me a report of what all was done to them. They had bows on their harnesses and looked beautiful. She also gave me a calendar for the whole year's worth of appts! She said if there is any confict with any appt. just let her know as soon as possible. Fine with me. I paid her and left. I just want to say the dogs were well groomed. My dogs are more natural breeds, so don't need much trimming at all (maybe sanitary, feathering, etc). Lucy, the one with the undercoat, was looked fantastic and has hardly shed since being groomed by her in Dec. My blk & tan Cav is still soft and smelling good! The other 2 Cavaliers go first of Feb. So far, I love this groomer and I appreciate her professionalism and attention to my dogs!!

Now, I began going to this groomer because my old groomer (who groomed my poodle mix for all his 8 years of life) quit the grooming business. She was a good groomer, I liked her a lot, and I thought she did a great job, until I went to this new groomer! I don't believe my old groomer ever asked for shot records, but really can't remember that far back. I found this new groomer when I saw a beautifully groomed Bichon one day and asked where they got him groomed. It said a lot to me.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Stormy Puppy (Found a home!), Jan 25 10:12 pm

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel > Aggressive on walks

Hazel Louise

Therapy Dog- Greatness!

Barked: Sun Jan 15, '12 7:05am PST 
If you haven't already, I would enroll her in a good training class or at least consult a good dog trainer. Ask around....people you know with well behaved dogs or call your local dog training club for referrals and advice.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mr. Peabody, Mar 9 1:51 pm

Small Dogs > Car Seat suggestions

Hazel Louise

Therapy Dog- Greatness!

Barked: Mon Jan 9, '12 9:21am PST 
I have the Lookout car seats for my 3 Cavaliers.....and sometimes even my mixed breed, Lucy rides in them lol. I love these car seats. They are durable and comfortable for the dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Keeva, Mar 10 5:27 pm

Dog Health > Sick 4 month old Puppy Help!!
Hazel Louise

Therapy Dog- Greatness!

Barked: Fri Aug 26, '11 7:46pm PST 
I know you say you can't take her to the vet right now, but it may be necessary. Like another poster said, it might be coccidia. Sounds like the symptoms Hazel had when I first adopted her and she had it. She needed some meds for it. With the meds, she became better quickly. She's been fine ever since. I am not a vet, so it may be something totally different as I'm just speculating. Really only a vet can diagnose..and it needs to be in person.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Sep 1 9:47 am

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.