Postings by Chloe, KPA-CTP

GO!

(Page 1 of 277: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > What do you supplement with?
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Wed Nov 2, '11 12:00pm PST 
I never supplemented before - until like last week.

Now I give things for joints like glucosamine and chondroitin, msm and a LOT of fish oil (it's about to expire so I do - pumps a day of grizzly salmon oil where as chloe should get about -// a pump..)
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Maya, Nov 7 6:47 pm

Dog Health > Another Suppliments Thread..
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Wed Nov 2, '11 11:57am PST 
I'm not a fan of greenies, i've heard too many horror stories - but thank you for the suggestion.

Plus, I'm not sure but I don't think there would be enough suppliments actually in the treat to beable to change much. There was a new treat out for joint mobility (I think Zukes) and the amount of suppliments in there was so little - it didn't even make a difference.. and that is a brand I enjoy and trust.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Rita, Nov 2 12:26 pm

Dog Health > Pooch vaccination Key to good health

Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Tue Nov 1, '11 2:11pm PST 
At least the got the 'don't vaccinate' list right..

except I think they could have summed it up to

don't vaccinate sick dogs.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Nov 1 3:01 pm

Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Tue Nov 1, '11 11:30am PST 
Scarlet, My vet told me to really work with hills because it builds the quad muscles - which hold the knee cap in place. She was telling me how flat ground isn't good because it allows them to favour the legs and that makes it worse in the end.

I would still bring the pounch, but definetly would allow scarlett to try a bit of hill training.

that's what my vet said at least. maybe yours advised against hill work.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Rita, Nov 2 12:26 pm

Food & Nutrition > Switched to Iams Healthy Naturals With Wholesome Chicken

Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Tue Nov 1, '11 8:32am PST 
Rosey, Sorry for the hard time you are going through. Seems like october has been a tough month for everyone.

On the note of dog food - you said you are paying too much for Blue, and had to switch to iams / purina - which I think is kind of funny since Iams and Purina are actually LOADS more expensive compared to other dog food. Plus you have to feed more of it so it's even more expensive since you have to buy more..

If you have any friends or family with a costco card - i'd go buy the kirkland... you actually get an amazing food for the price. ($15/40lb) WAY better than any iams or purina..
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Nov 4 5:46 am

Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Tue Nov 1, '11 8:12am PST 
Thanks Adam, So these should be absolutely fine?

ATM, I am just curious to see if THESE supplements will work - as I am financially straped at the moment (plus the surgery we will now have to start acomidating..)

Also - surgery doesn't cure it either, it just makes it more comfortable, arthritis will still come about sooner or later..
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Rita, Nov 2 12:26 pm

Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Mon Oct 31, '11 8:34pm PST 
Today Chloe and I went to the vet, and was diagnosed with Grade 3 Luxating Patellas.. We can say that that wasn't what we were hoping for..

We were told to shed some ounces and supplement - While looking in the cupboard, I found these

http://www.finlandiapharmacyonline.com/product_images/e/pla tinum_naturals_nutri_joint_relev_x__35120.jpg

I was wondering if this would be okay for Chloe. Is she allowed to have everything that is supplemented in this? I haven't heard of some of these before.. so let's hope it's all okay..

Thank you for help in advanced.

It's called 'platinum nutria-joint revel-x' I got it from my parents

It has:
-Glucosamine HCl (Sodium Free) 500mg
-Curcumin (Standardized 95%) 65mg
-Deglycyrrhizinated licorice 65mg
-Boswellia 30mg
-Cat's Claw Bark 30mg
-Devils Claw Extract 30mg
-White Willow Bark 30mg
-Fish oil (molecularly distilled from sardines and anchovies) 500mg
Containing: DHA (Docosahexanoic acid) 50mg
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) 265mg

I'm not sure if dog's can have all that stuff (I'm not sure what the cat or devils claw is..) the description for the stuff is ..

"you can get both long term and short term relief from joint pain with Platinum's Nutri-Joint F.A. (fast acting). Each capsule contains: 500mg glucosamine (HCL), 65mg curcumin, 65mg DGL licorice, 30mg boswelia, 30mg cat's claw, 30mg white willow, and 30mg yucca. Glucosamine has been clinically proven to reduce joint pain by helping your body to rebuild damaged cartilage caused by aging or injury. But, it can sometimes take several months to see results. This is why Platinum includes potent anti-inflammatory herbs to help reduce pain and inflammation in the short term. [CAPSULE]"
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Rita, Nov 2 12:26 pm

Dog Health > glucosamine dogster poll

Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Mon Oct 31, '11 11:47am PST 
Adam, Maybe you could do both a pill and chicken feet?

I don't think you can OD on glucosamine
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Adam, Nov 25 9:12 am

Dog Health > Pet Insurance Canada

Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Thu Oct 27, '11 12:32pm PST 
Just some info on it

Illness coverage - $5000
Accident coverage - $5000
'Other' coverage - $350 (this can be homeopathy, massage, chiro, water therapy, ect) and it's $350 for EACH kind of therapy!
Deducitble - $100

One thing that sold me was that you do NOT need to get any vaccines if you are not comfortable with them, for them to cover you =]
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Chloe, KPA-CTP, Oct 27 12:32 pm

Dog Health > Pet Insurance Canada
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Barked: Thu Oct 27, '11 10:19am PST 
I know - I just don't want to link to something you have to purchase. Since I know that has been a touchy thing lately..
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Chloe, KPA-CTP, Oct 27 12:32 pm

(Page 1 of 277: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.