Postings by Guest ID 873458

GO!

What I Love About Dogster > What I NOT love about Dogster...

Barked: Thu Oct 8, '09 3:19pm PST 
To Sheila & family:

I asked and answered questions. I am a guest since I don't have a digital camera. I think there will be a link to my posts at the bottom of this one. I do like what Cesar does. Much of it is plain common sense, like making medicine a positive thing by massaging the dog while giving it. It seems like many times, the dogs and the owners do the real work. Their lives have changed for the love of their dogs, and I am letting Cesar train me too, because things like be calm & assertive are good advice to anyone.

Traveler818 & family:

Sage, Puppy, kitty Crystal from the bridge

little angellittle angellittle angel
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cookies 'n' Creme (1998-2011), Oct 10 11:04 am

Barked: Thu Oct 8, '09 3:09pm PST 
Thank you Kolbe for the link. I'll check it out.

Guest traveler818 & family:

Sage, Puppy, kitty Crystal from the bridge.little angellittle angellittle angel

oops: 2 thank you's are better than none.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Cookies 'n' Creme (1998-2011), Oct 10 11:04 am

Barked: Thu Oct 8, '09 2:55pm PST 
Thank you Kolbe for the link. smile I left you a bone.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Cookies 'n' Creme (1998-2011), Oct 10 11:04 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Duke (hound mix) May He Rest In Peace

Barked: Thu Oct 8, '09 2:38pm PST 
Thank you Raven. I will tell his Mom. Maybe Duke And Levi will meet on the bridge. It takes so little to be kind. You will be blessed.puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 8 2:38 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Duke (hound mix) May He Rest In Peace

Barked: Wed Oct 7, '09 8:04pm PST 
After 18 years in this world, a freak accident took his life. I asked here for financial resources for a vet (beyond the two I knew of), & was advised to get him to a vet. (?) Duke is now free & barks blessings to the kind soul who gave useful advice without judgement. That person or doggie suggested one more aspirin (=2 a day for a 100-lb. dog). That gave him more pain relief. He did not suffer long, and at 18, a vet would have euthanized him could we have found one. Duke crossed the bridge before we had time to look further. I tried to find help, mom knew a vet tech, but the desert isn't crawling with vets. So now, Duke can run like the wind.
He was one of 6 dogs rescued one-by-one in the desert. They had no food or water & were at risk of dehydration, starvation, & coyote attacks. All 6 dogs became used to sleeping on couches, eating every day, playing with, and drinking water, and running free and happy on their 100 acres. They became a happy pack and a real joy to their mom. Like my buddies, Sage, Puppy, & kitty Crystal, they were a pack of comedians. For now, they are all sad. The pack actually held their own doggie memorial! It was really pawsome.
Things happen. Money is harder to get now. There's no blame. I only told his mom what the compassionate person said, which was the proper dose of aspirin. His mom consulted a vet tech friend. She did her best & I did too. Now she and the pack are so so sad, but Mom knows 18 is a long long life for a dog. In spirit Duke is with her and the pack, awaiting the day they will all be reunited. I never met Duke, nor could I do more than ask for resources I couldn't offer. I may be joining Duke soon. That was why some answers hurt so much. Duke was happy & loved until the end. He will bless all the truly compassionate souls on this site. I will too as will Sage, Puppy, & Crystal.

Traveler818 cry little angelkitty
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 8 2:38 pm

Barked: Thu Sep 17, '09 6:37pm PST 
I do not love the mean people. They say I do all kinds of things I don't do. I was told by 2 people to stop swearing cause the people who answered my question swore. I never did. This is a family site. The only kind I visit, and I DO NOT SWEAR in a public family forum. I don't like that, when people say I do all kinds of mean things, there's no place to defend myself. My reputation matters to me. I was accused of punishing my dog for misbehaving when I wasn't there to catch him. I never punished him. I knew better. I have also been advised not to dwell on the negatives. I don't. I'm new here, and expected a higher quality of posts. And there are some excellent posts. I just wanted to know if there was a way to protect my reputation, and enough people are up in arms over that that I will probably close this acct. pretty soon. Strange that so many are upset because I object to negative insinuations and allegations. What does that say? To me, it says I should probably move on. I'm really ill, and more sensitive than otherwise, but if this is Cesar's site, he demands manners from the dogs. How about some manners from the people? And maybe they could just answer the question & if they want to share more, make it something uplifting. Dream on.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Cookies 'n' Creme (1998-2011), Oct 10 11:04 am

Dogster Diaries > Please pray for my mommy

Barked: Thu Sep 17, '09 1:12pm PST 
You're a real sweetie for asking for help for your mommy. Of course I'll pray for her too. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 17 1:12 pm

Dogster Diaries > Dogster Diary of the Day

Barked: Thu Sep 17, '09 1:09pm PST 
What's diary of the day? shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 17 1:09 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.