Postings by Guest ID 1185569

GO!

Dog Laws & Legislation > The White House Takes a Stand Against Breed Specific Legislation

Barked: Fri Aug 30, '13 2:02pm PST 
This is great news! It's about time America is taking a look at this issue. In Sweden Pit bulls were banned in the 90's until the government there realized it was indeed an owner problem and not a dog problem, and in France they don't ban any breed but have muzzle and leash laws which is a much better option. If anyone is interested we wrote an article about legislation in the US and other countries on our blog: http://www.puppyset.com/top-10-dog-friendly-countries/
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Angel, Sep 6 9:42 pm

Puppy Place > Brevin the mystery pup. Any guesses?

Barked: Thu Aug 15, '13 4:26pm PST 
Hmm... He looks like a Corgi- Shih-tzu mix to me but even then not quite so. He's adorable! Such a goodlooking little guy smile

Val
www.puppyset.com
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Buster (1996-2008), Sep 8 3:34 pm

Behavior & Training > Weird and I'll try and explain

Barked: Wed Aug 14, '13 10:49am PST 
Wow very interesting! I agree with the person who suggested filming. Dogs are very in tune with people's breathing and heart rates which makes them very hypersensitive to even the tiniest bit of arousal from your nervous system, so if your eye twitches or heart skips a beat, your dog will know. Try filming and keep us posted!

Val
www.puppyset.com
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Aug 14 12:57 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Just curious?

Barked: Wed Aug 14, '13 10:45am PST 
I'm on the fence on this one, let me explain: First of all, there are tasers that can be used but most of the time it seems as though they are not being used enough. I think a taser with obviously less voltage than the ones used on humans should be the first response to an aggressive dog. However, I think once the dog attacks someone, especially seriously, they are usually put down, so keeping it alive only until it has to be put down may not be the right answer either. Good post!

Val
www.puppyset.com
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Angel, Sep 6 9:49 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Is a shiba inu suitable for an apartment home

Barked: Wed Aug 14, '13 10:20am PST 
Shiba Inu's were originally bred to be hunters so they typically like to spend a lot of time outdoors. Have you considered a Clumber Spaniel or English Mastiff? Although they are bigger, they are quiet and don't need much space during the day. Or if you prefer a smaller dog, I suggest looking into the English Toy Spaniel. We wrote about the best condo dogs on our blog, here: http://www.puppyset.com/best-dogs-for-condo-living/

Thanks and good luck!
Val
www.puppyset.com
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 1 11:56 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.