Postings by Guest ID 1176977

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Dog Health > cost associated with grade 6 heart murmur

Barked: Tue Jan 14, '14 9:43pm PST 
hello- my boy passed away sat- 1/11/14 he wqs a lasha apso. he had ivdd, heaore. rt murmur 5/6 is this rescue dog elderly? u found my boy in a lot 6/28/02. pedigrees have ore medical issues that u can shake a stick at. I loved him dearly. on Saturday, he had 2 small seizures. when I brought him in it did not look good. he stio eating and drinking water and with my boy coco he was always food aggressive. no fincky eater here. I just monitored his heart no salty foods and exceise daily-walking, and a gave hi low dosage CQ10 a good pill in cvs drugst. try even speaking to a cardiologist and see what he says. anyway, its very difficult for me to talk about this but I do need all the support I can get. I need prayers. I live in nyc, do u. little angel
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Seela, Jan 20 7:28 am

Dog Health > cost associated with grade 6 heart murmur

Barked: Tue Jan 14, '14 9:42pm PST 
hello- my boy passed away sat- 1/11/14 he wqs a lasha apso. he had ivdd, heaore. rt murmur 5/6 is this rescue dog elderly? u found my boy in a lot 6/28/02. pedigrees have ore medical issues that u can shake a stick at. I loved him dearly. on Saturday, he had 2 small seizures. when I brought him in it did not look good. he stio eating and drinking water and with my boy coco he was always food aggressive. no fincky eater here. I just monitored his heart no salty foods and exceise daily-walking, and a gave hi low dosage CQ10 a good pill in cvs drugst. try even speaking to a cardiologist and see what he says. anyway, its very difficult for me to talk about this but I do need all the support I can get. I need prayers. I live in nyc, do u. little angel I guest user 1176977 here at dogster, im on facebook as Lydia principio bye.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Seela, Jan 20 7:28 am

Get Well Soon > Back surgery for slipped prolapsed disc

Barked: Fri Nov 15, '13 1:22pm PST 
hi- I know its a lot f $$$ and thanks for the info about plain x-rays. I need a contrast one. seeing my old dog seeing struggle just to get up is all I can take. I too, have 2 bad knees. I have him on pain meds 1x daily. I need a contrast x-ray to see his insides to see if he has an enlarged prostate/cancer. he lost a lot of muscle mass, his neck is low and his body is hot. He has a hard time pushing out his fecal stool. He gives a hard push and then its out. Why do they charge so much-greedy vets. I need to know this before I put him down. He will not be with me for 2014. The holidays are coming and all I feel is numb. Pls get back to me scotter-paws Im 1176977-liddie. are u in nyc? Im glad bosley is ok. My dog is 15/16. I love him vbery much.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 15 1:22 pm

Senior Dogs > In desperate need of help!

Barked: Wed Nov 13, '13 1:38pm PST 
hi- I am in the sane boat as u. my old lasha has bad back legs and it hurts me to see him sruggle to get up from the floor. I rember when he use to run from one room to he other when I gave him a bath now its all downhill. the only exception is that he still eats 2 meals a day and drinks his water daily.

I live alone an he is my life butI will not let him suffer. I ask God at night to take him as shocking as it would be fo me ti see him dead and not see him move I rather have it that way. The holidays are coming and I use to decorate the windows with lights for him now he does not see good the holidays now do not mean much to me I use to feel happy not no more. I am a senior and have not felt happiness in a long time.I do know I will not have him in 2014. sometimes the hardest thing in life is to let go and let God take over. Thy will be done. If u need to talk get me here I am user 1176977. liddie
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by , Nov 13 1:38 pm

Dog Health > Acute Kidney Failure or chronic?

Barked: Thu Oct 31, '13 12:33pm PST 
hi- my 15/16 yr old lasha bun-creatnine was also high 34 (normal rang is 4-27) and negative for gluose-diabetes or protein on 6/19/13 in his urine test but he did have elevated wbc dx-cystits. 99% of lashas die from CRF. there could be several reasons why a bun/creatine level could rise. one is an infection also stress/anxiety. try to go to petmeds and try to shorten your question to Dr. Dym-pet meds blog, he will answer your question. u had several blood tests done where u charge for each new blood tests or were they a non-gratis. a lot of vets jingle the carrot in front of us pet parents and say we must do this tests and this test and all most of the time its needless,its important to find a good vet who truly cares about u and your pet. My boy is passing away anyday now he goes in circles,urinates inside-dementia-bad back legs-jello.,blind and I went to a vet took my 55.00 and never ansered by 2 email questions. im looking for a low cost test of an EEG wires on the brsin to see if my boy has a lesion inside. if u know of a vet that cares and will chg 50.00 for it let me know ok. take care u can reach me as guest 1176977 or facebook Lydia p.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by May, Nov 1 11:24 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > still missing charlie brown.

Barked: Sat Sep 28, '13 12:30pm PST 
hi- ny name is Lydia and I lve in myc,ny. why did u have yo give him up was it because of the landlord. a lot of apt bldgs. here in nyc do not allow dogs. nycha does allow dogs in nyc-5 boros. im losing my baby boy coco-a lasha apso to old age. there is about 20 dogs that live in my complex and its so hard for me to look at those young dogs playing and jumping and chasing the squirrles on the grass and it makes me sad to know I will not have my boy with me no more to go and sit on the benches and enjoy the sun. he likes that a lot. can u get back to me im guess use 1176977. where do u live. I do not have a pic of coco because I do not have a cell phone/ccamera to transfer it to computer. bye. lydia
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by charle, Oct 15 7:24 am

Senior Dogs > making a decision

Barked: Sat Sep 28, '13 11:44am PST 
hi- whats your name? mine is Lydia, im cocos mom-a 15/16 yrs old. my boy had his teeth done 2xs in 2005-4 teeth out and in 2009-11 teeth out. I tried putting a toothbrush in his mouth but did not like it. he bit me his entire life. I found him in a dirty lot with a note saying im homelf u can findess take me home with u. I did that and I took the bites and still loved him.if u can find what kind of anesthesia u can read all about it in the merck vet book. make sure staff is qualfied an monitor him. also I had an exg done because my boy was old. he also had a mct grade2 removed in 2009. I was nervous too only because of his age. then go out and buy a soft child toothbrush/ toothpaste- only dog paste not ours and start shoing off his shiny teeth. u can reply back to me at dogster under senior dog or pet health. I need a lot of tlc now. I give it to others I wish I get it back. Lydia-cocos mom.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Grace, Oct 2 4:45 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Saying Good Bye to my beloved Otis

Barked: Fri Aug 30, '13 10:39pm PST 
hi- Otis is a bulldog and I love everything about them. some people say that these dogs are not cute but I know he was your handsome boy.

my coco is 15/16 he is going to leave me very soon. I feel so sad. im 66 yrs old and a lot of people go out and get another dog but not me, there will only be my first and only last love coco. Otis was your special love.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 30 10:39 pm

Senior Dogs > Selegiline for doggie cognitive disorder

Barked: Thu Aug 8, '13 1:25pm PST 
hi pudsy.s mom- my name is Lydia and coco is a boy lasha. yours is a white promerian? very pretty. they get dementia just like a humans and as its heartbreaking to see a human not recognize family,so is it with our dogs too. maybe I will ask for a small dose tranquilzer for him, I know im going to need a stronger one for mmyself when he dies. to look around the apt and call his name is going to send me to crying fits.

im 66 yrs old and bad knees that I ca not walk good-a walker with no kids,husband. I need dogster friends to help me. now this vet wants me to do a acth test 250.00. I just had a 150.00 blood test done on him. lashas die from kidney problems. get me here or lydiaprincipio@yahoo.com bye.:
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Apr 4 4:19 am

Senior Dogs > So Angry!

Barked: Thu Aug 8, '13 12:58pm PST 
hi Yoshi's owner mom/dad- my name is Lydia, live in nyc,ny and I agree 100% that these vets want to push all these tests on our old dogs and stress on us. its not eethical. andI had a expensive blood tests 150.00,

lashas are very costly because they must be groomed 2xs a year, best shampoos,food, he had a mct gd2 in 2009 and I took a chance and had it removed,so I guess he had few extra xmases with me. I found him abandoned in a dirty lot took him yearly exam. lashas are very aggressive.

I gave him tough love and now that hes old he is finally loving to me. nobody and I mean nobody could have put up with him- if he was not found by me that day he would be gone immediately in the cacc-ny. the vet wants me to have a ACTH stim.test done n him 250.00. Can anybody email me on thvery dog is predeposed foe medical issues. HELP,HELP,need advise asap. lasha 99% die from kidney problems. I do not think its cushings or/addisons? email me here or at lydiaprincipio@yahoo.com thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Yoshi, Aug 8 3:42 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.