Postings by Guest ID 1159746

GO!

Dogs & Travel > First pet-friendly vacation--Suggestions?

Barked: Tue May 7, '13 2:32am PST 
It is a lot further to travel but if you are interested in taking your dog to Europe then Berlin is a very dog friendly city - Berliners take their dogs everywhere - even to church!!! There are lots of holiday apartments that take dogs and there are lots of parks and lakes to go walking and where your dog can take a swim. A longer trip but definitely not boring!

This accommodation allows dogs - I stayed there once and it was lovely.
http://www.ferienwohnung-24-berlin.com/unterkunft/auswert.p hp?id=2&lang=en
dog
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BoyGeorge, May 31 1:18 am

Dogs & Travel > Preparing to move >1500 miles across country need advice and options

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 2:42am PST 
I think Rigby's idea sounds good. Make a holiday of it with a bit of travelling each day. As you are planning so far in advance it should be easy to do this. You can even look up and book all the dog friendly places you want to stay in advance to hopefully get cheaper rates. Get out a map and work out a route that has lots of natural areas which are good for dog walking and take your time. Then the dog can have just as much fun as you exploring new places on route to a new home! Make sure you take lots of water for the dog in the car as well. Have a great trip and congratulations on your acceptance! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 29 2:42 am

Dogs & Travel > Taking a 4-month-old on holiday?

Barked: Thu Apr 18, '13 2:18am PST 
I don't think taking her on holiday will be a problem but the too much walking might be. You can still go away but just do shorter walks and then enjoy other things the place has to offer. It would be worthwhile checking with your vet or looking up on the internet how much walking is recommended for a puppy of four months in your breed - as it would vary between breeds. But I am sure you can manage to have a very enjoyable holiday for you and your puppy if you are sensible about what you can and can't do. But definitely stay in Italy you don't want to try travelling abroad with her so young.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 18 9:08 am

Dogs & Travel > Dog-sitter or Kennel?

Barked: Thu Mar 21, '13 6:38am PST 
My dog always goes to stay with some friends. They have a few dogs themselves and lots of outdoor space so he always has a great time and comes back like a child after a sleepover - tired from staying up all night with his mates! ;-) I always prefer taking him to a friends house over any other option as I know he will be well looked after, not locked up for ages and not alone.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Casey, Jun 4 1:46 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.