Postings by Guest ID 1157748

GO!

Dogs & Travel > Taking a 4-month-old on holiday?

Barked: Thu Apr 18, '13 9:08am PST 
We're looking at renting a cottage in the Apennines and also taking the cats with us smile. It'll just be nice to be out of Modena and up in the cooler mountains. Definitely staying in Italy, otherwise she'd have to have a rabies injection and since it's such a heavy vaccination, I'd rather her not have it as a pup. Looks like we might be getting a bit organised, though way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 18 9:08 am

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 12:07am PST 
Thanks! Loki's little, though and you could carry him. I think Lumi will be too heavy to carry if she gets tired. I don't want to injure her by walking her too far. I'm happy just to get away from the town we live and spend some time in the mountains, even if it means doing a fair amount of sitting about this year. There'll be plenty of time for hiking next year when she's older. It's my hubby who might not be quite so up for that. naughty
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 18 9:08 am

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 7:43am PST 
Hi, I'm new here. We're due to collect our Samoyed puppy at the beginning of June. We didn't manage to get away or even really have a break at all last year and are quite desperate to have a bit of a holiday this year. We'd love to take our puppy with us but are a bit concerned she might be too young at 4 months. We'll probably stay in Italy, where we live and had thought about either camping or staying in one of the dog-friendly hotels/apartments/farms that we have here. We're not really beach people, but like the outdoors, and had thought about going to the mountains where it'll also be cooler. On the one hand, I think it would be fun and great for her for her ongoing socialization, but I'm a bit worried we won't be able to walk that far, and the days will be tiring for her. One of our ultimate aims is possibly trekking with here when she's old enough. Has anyone else taken a pup that young on holiday? Thanks smile
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 18 9:08 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.