Postings by Guest ID 1150435

GO!

Service & Therapy Dogs > new to psd and very confused

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 4:50pm PST 
Thank you very much that was informative. So no certification is required but what about id tags in California? Can owner trained dogs get those ids?

An owner trained service dog with proper behavior and training is legally considered a service dog (it doesn't matter who trains the dog)

Also, I read some topics about having evidence to court or something like that. What would be a situation in which you had to have evidence to go to court? What's considered "evidence"?

A service dog just needs its identification vest or tag or bandana, proper training and behavior, and nothing else?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Happy, Jan 19 12:30 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > new to psd and very confused

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 1:02am PST 
Hello! I'm new here and I've been reading some posts and everything is a little bit confusing.. I'm just curious about p service dogs, can someone help me? I live in CA

-What does a dog need to be a p service dog (apart from being trained to service its owner and good behavior)? Does the state have a way of certificating?
-What are the IDS and certificates? What are the legal requirements for p service dogs? In CA
-Do p service dogs need to be neutered?
-What happens when you go to court and need to prove your dog is a p service dog?
-What do you have to carry when going on an airplane with p service dogs?
-Can a dog be both emotional support dog and p service dog?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Happy, Jan 19 12:30 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.