Postings by Guest ID 1149214

GO!

Food & Nutrition > Independents are Best - Sunshine Farms Pet Food

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 3:22am PST 
I just came across this pet food on the Chinese Ebay equivalent (Taobao) - the prices of it are much cheaper than other quality imported dog foods which led me to suspect that Sunshine Farm's Pet Food Company is in fact a Chinese company masquerading itself as a US one. Many Chinese companies will do this by registering a shell or PO box in a foreign country and then market themselves locally as "imported products".

Looking at their website, it seems more likely that this is the case since there are English and Chinese versions only. Additionally, the footer text on the English version states:

Copyright © Sunshine Farms Pet Food Company. Carlifornia, U.S.A. 2012

Notice the lack of an actual US address as well as the spelling of "California"...suspicious.
Finally, for a company that claims to have been in business for almost 20 years (see the "press release" which anyone can publish and submit here http://www.pr.com/press-release/440243), there is very little information, awareness or reviews available.

Finally, if you do a search for the product in Google, you will come across postings in a variety of pet forums by users with only 1 post...such as the one above. Word of mouth is indeed the best form of advertising...but not through disingenuous posts and misrepresentation.

The "Press Releases" and the forum posts mentioning it are all dated around Aug/Sep 2012...coincidence or cheap marketing?

Not sure about the quality of the food, but I would treat with caution.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 10 3:22 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.