Postings by Guest ID 1148890

GO!

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Hannah Society ,Oregon a scam?

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 10:43am PST 
Hi Oliver. I specifically joined so that I could respond to this thread. What is suspicious about that? I just wanted to set the record straight about a service that I think is valuable and legitimate.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Nov 8 8:58 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Hannah Society ,Oregon a scam?

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 11:56am PST 
This is an old thread but after Googling Hannah, it seems to pop up with some inaccurate information. I wanted to set the record straight. I am a Hannah member. I pay a flat monthly fee for excellent all-inclusive vet care, food delivered to my apartment, and training. It's no more complicated than that. I guess the issues that people are so concerned about are the piece about pet ownership and where Hannah gets their pets.

First, the ownership thing. Yes, Hannah takes ownership on paper. They do this because it allows them to reduce the cost of vet care and to be able to deliver food. Simple as that. They don't repossess dogs. If they did, why have there been no reports of such incidents in any of the recent media coverage. It doesn't happen. It's right there in their contract. Miss a payment, get another bill. Miss several payments and, like any other service, that service is eliminated. Fail to pay completely and, again, like any other service, you will presumably get sent to collections. Does some 300lb tattooed guy with a shaven head and sunglasses show up at your house with a choke-pole and demand that you turn over the pup? No! Hannah just transfers ownership back to the family's name. Ok? Can we stop with the conspiracy theories now?

So, where does Hannah get their pets? According to Hannah, they partner with rescues, shelters, non-profits and families needing to find a new home for their pet(s). The pets that I've seen at their adoption centers have been a pretty random mix of puppies and adults, pure-breeds and mixed. But this accusation that all of Hannah's pets come from breeders is ridiculous. Anyone who has been into their adoption centers can attest to this. I seriously doubt the 3-year old, 3-legged Fox Terrier I saw last weekend was from a breeder.

Personally, I highly recommend Hannah.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Nov 8 8:58 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.