Postings by Guest ID 1148234

GO!

Lhasa Apso > Lhasa Apso Health Issues

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 8:47pm PST 
I have a very cute 3 year old Lhasa Apso named Cupcake. Cupcake had 2 previous owners. We got her almost three months ago.Wonderful personality and a great dog.She seems to have made a good adjustment to her new home.

A few problems though. For most of the time she's been here Cupcake has been very itchy. We took her to the vet and they said it might be an allergy.We put her on Pretazone. This seemed to throw her for a loop-the medicine would knock her out for most of the day. The itch seemed to reduce somewhat but not totally.

We also put her on a medicated diet, first beef than rabbit, for a a little over a month.This did not have any effect on the itching. After this time we let Cupcake eat other food.

During the holidays, feeling guilty about her restricted diet I spoiled Cupcake somewhat, giving her treats, Bacon Bits and people food.

Currently (for the past 2 weeks or so) Cupcake has been itching a lot.She seems to have a severe head itch. When I take her out for walks she often rubs her head against the ground in an odd fashion.Cupcake also eats very little. She is constantly begging for people food but eats very little of her food.She goes for 2-3 days on end without eating much. I'm a bit worried. Maybe she's just spoiled or ultra-finicky.

I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 11 12:41 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.