Postings by Guest ID 1147224

GO!

Service & Therapy Dogs > Psych Dog Skills

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 11:09pm PST 
Yes, its for me. And yes, the specific triggers for the service dog are unique to every handler. I've been managing this disorder for 25 years. Plus I'm a counselor in training and would like to bring service dogs (and therapy dogs) into my practice. But PsychDogs.org had an excellent detailed list that I want to get to my doctor and trainer. I'm self-employed so this is a tax write-off for me. Having such a list in all hands solidifies the purpose and and need for the dog in the eyes of the IRS, my doctor, my insurance carrier... And provides as a great template for my trainer. I directed her to PsychDogs.org but the site is down. It doesn't make me look very serious in the eyes of my doctor if the organizations are folding...

Does anyone know the former host? I'd be glad to pay for the content.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mikal, Jan 4 12:32 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Psych Dog Skills

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 7:13pm PST 
PsychDogs.org had excellent content for developing a Psych Dog for mood disorders such as depression, anxiety or bipolar. Does anyone know of similar lists of the same detail?

It was highlighted in yellow, with behaviors and working responses.

Or possibly, know how to acquire similar content from the former PsychDogs.org? Or from a similar site?

I'd be happy to take on rehosting PsychDog.org with the same content. Anyone know how to get hold of the former host?

But I'm trying to put together details for a psych dog trainer I'm trying to hire. Bipolar is a new topic for her but she has extensive work with similar disorders, But she wants me to put together a list of behaviors, symptoms, issues a dog can respond to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Mikal, Jan 4 12:32 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.