Postings by Guest ID 1143697

GO!

Dog Health > Dog coughing up white foam

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 2:48am PST 
He has been on orijen for months, i don't think its the food. I checked and there's no foreign object stuck there. He is still coughing up the white foam now. I'm really worried as we can't go through the flood to find vet. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali, Jan 20 9:34 am

Dog Health > Dog coughing up white foam

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 6:23pm PST 
My 5 years old pom started to cough up white foam yesterday. We took him to a vet, he didn't do any blood test or x-ray and told me it is just a flu, but he is not getting better with the medication, he still cough a lot. No diarehha, no vomitting, havent been to boarding and dogpark(we don't have one here). Searching on google only freaks me out more. Does anyone had the same experience before? What's going on with my dog? I can't take him to another vet as we are having a really bad flood over here. Please help!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kali, Jan 20 9:34 am

Dog Health > Corneal Lipid Dystrophy

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 2:03am PST 
Hi everyone, my name is Irene, i'm new here smile
my 4 years old chihuahua and pomeranian mix breed is diagnosed with Lipid Corneal Dystrophy 3 months ago. The grey area appeared last year, we brought her to vet, they said it's just a scratch and doesn't matter. She doesn't seems like in pain too, so we just thought she scratched her eyes. One day i noticed the grey area is growing bigger, we brought her to the same vet, he prescribed some antibiotic drops, her eyes has gotten worse after the drops. She started having watery eyes and squinting one of the eyes.

Long story short, brought her to another vet, she said it's Corneal Lipid dystrophy and drops won't work, she need to get surgery. The vet said she gonna cut a thin film from the cornea and do some stem planting there for it to heal. The thing is, i'm living in a country where vet doesn't have much technology or knowledge here, and if it's possible i don't want her to go under surgery at all! The vet here still uses injected anesthesia! How am i gonna trust them doing something to my pooch's eyes with such limited resources?
Anyone had any experience with Lipid Dystrophy before in their dogs? Any advice will be much appreciated!

Thank you so much cry
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 5 2:10 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.