Postings by Guest ID 1141514

GO!

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > JoyJoy is gone but will never be forgotten

Barked: Fri Nov 23, '12 8:00pm PST 
I just lost my dog, Tucker, too. I feel your grief and I hope for your heart to feel less heavy tomorrow and every day following. Hugs to you from a fellow grieving owner.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by ROSCOE, Nov 25 8:20 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > The end is probably near

Barked: Fri Nov 23, '12 7:53pm PST 
Thank you for all of your support for a stranger. We put Tucker to sleep this afternoon. I felt rushed about it because we had to schedule it with a vet in a window of time that was so soon, but I am telling myself that had I waited longer, I would have regretted it immensely. I never knew a heart could break as much as mine is broken right now. When I felt his heart stop, I felt a corner of my heart shrivel. I already miss him forever.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 23 7:53 pm

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '12 10:10pm PST 
I have just arrived home and Tucker saw me from his bed and got up to greet me as always. He is just so much skinnier than he was the last time I saw him, a few weeks ago. He doesn't seem to be in any pain, but he does seem a little depressed, or uninterested... He is not eating much. I am so afraid of making the wrong choice about when to put him down. I hope and pray that he pass in his sleep, or on his own quickly. I don't want to make that decision. I may sleep by his side tonight; I don't want to be away from him.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 23 7:53 pm

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 11:17pm PST 
I have a 15 year old whippet and he has been our family pet since we brought him home when I was in third grade. I grew up with him- he was my best friend through so many difficult times that come with middle and high school. I will never forget the look on his face the first time i returned home from college- as if he though I died and he would never see me again. He is the best dog I could have ever asked for and I know he is old and that his time is near but today, when my mom called me to tell me he will probably need to be put down in the next week, I don't know what to do with myself. I am away from home and overcome with grief. I am going home tomorrow and I fear so many things. I don't know what to expect when I see him or how I will handle putting him to sleep. There is so much fear and grief and I don't even know what to do. He is my first and only dog and I cannot bear to lose him. His name is Tucker. I call him Tucker-pup. I came here hoping to find a way to prepare myself- but I have only found more tears.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 23 7:53 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.