Postings by Guest ID 1139459

GO!

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > looking for correct food

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 1:04pm PST 
I bought the puppy Eagle Pack puppy food. It is for large and giant breeds. It says it has proper phosperous min 1% and calcium min 1.5%. I also bought him nutro canned food. My Rot eats Nutro lamb and rice large breed because of allergies. The eagle was the only food that said it was for giant breeds and the Petco employee was not the most helpful because the store was under staffed. I found it interesting that the puppy food also met the same fat and protien amounts that I was warned not to exceed. I am going to continue trying to figure out a cooked or raw recipe for my dogs. I did find a gentelman that will write a recipe for your dogs based on your dogs breed and other factors. I hope I made a wise choice in the food. Thank you for warning me about the calcium and phosperous. Our little guy comes home on Sunday and I am very ecited to get to know him.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 4 4:09 am

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 3:28pm PST 
I was told that feeding puppy food would cause him to grow to quickly and cause bone and joint problems. Do you like the Nutro large and giant breed food. The biggest dog I have ever had is a Rot and I just want to do the right thing for the pup. The Vet agreed with the protien and fat content but noone has mentioned the calcium and phosporus. I will read the website suggested. What about all the talk of dry food being bad for dogs? Am I raising a healthier dog if I feed him fresh food ?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 4 4:09 am

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 2:54pm PST 
Hello,
I have been scanning the net looking for recipies for a good home cooked diet for our new puppy. He is half St. Bernard and half Great Dane. The breeder has suggested not to feed puppy food and to have a max protien of 24%. All of this makes sence and would be easy enough if I just wanted to buy dog food. I have read enough that I think I am convinced I would like to try a homemade food for him. There are certain questions I cant seem to find answers to. How much do I feed? If I weigh ingredients will that ensure the lprotien ration is correct? Any help on achieving this healthfully will be appericated!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Dec 4 4:09 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.