Postings by Guest ID 1125818

GO!

Dog Laws & Legislation > 75 dog breeds banned or restricted

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 12:59am PST 
Hi

I know that the original post was written some time ago, but the legislation in the UK has changed this year 2012, several more dogs have been added, and now any dog bites seen in A&E have to be reported. Also and I'm not sure if this is legislation or the public, there has been a lot of ill feeling about Crufts and their breed standards,they have asked or told all registered breeders to only have 4 litters a year, its a small step, and they have also set up a board to investigate the breed standards in question dogjs
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Apr 11 12:41 pm

Afghan Hound > Afghan king of dogs

Barked: Sat Aug 18, '12 1:35am PST 
Looking at the various posts, most Afghan owners find that things take a little longer, they spend time sizing you up, and they may or may not create a life time bond with your selves, so I would say when they get to about 2 years old they have made a decision, on whether you are there soul mate and will do anything for you, or if not look down their long nose and have that far away look, who does he or she think they are telling me, they will tolerate you, but you are extremely lucky to be chosen.
My Afghan, Red, showed me how he felt, the day my house caught fire,it was me and him alone in the house, we were upstairs, my eyes were stinging, got up and realised there was fire, Red was up looking at me,
so the both of us together made a dash for the stairs, but in my haste I lost my footing and fell to the bottom, Red kept nudging me, I was right next to the front door and could just reach it, I let Red out, he evidently went to my neighbour, I thought he would run, but no on seeing him outside her door not on a lead, she realised there was problem and called emergency services. Red then started choking, and he went to the vet, his wind pipe collapsed, this is a weakness in Afghans, I was placed in a coma to rest my brain, so didnt know this. I was homeless had lost everything, but the most precious thing I hadnt lost was my beloved dog Red, the vet advised me that he would always have a problem, but it ust didnt matter, he stayed with me for a total of 4 years, when he passed away. They are really special dog, they own us, we dont own them.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 18 1:35 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > 75 dog breeds banned or restricted

Barked: Sat Aug 18, '12 1:06am PST 
I think this is mad, in the uk, we have a dangerous dog act, and new legislation as come out, which is really scary. A lady in the UK owned a rottie, she ran a pub and this rottie had the run of the place and was friendly to all, but he had one fault, he didnt like to be placed in the car, so last year in doing this, he bit her, she went to A&E the nurse first question was have you had the dog to sleep, and it was explained any dog bite has to be reported which can result in your dog being put to sleep, Anyway nothing happened. This year the same thing happened again, and the lady was bitten again, she decided to treat it herself rather then chance going to the hospital and losing her beloved pet, unfortunately this time she developed septicemia and died, but also her beloved dog was put down
how bonkers is this, I feel this legislation has been created by the few irresponsible dog owners who use there dogs as weapons. It is not the dogs fault, most of us train our dogs. My dog for instance, if I stop her running to the door when somebody knocks I grab her by the collar, she becomes really aggressive, showing her teeth trying to bite, but does this legislation warrant such a hard outcome, and hopefully if your dog bites you,it should be treated totally differant from a dog biting a stranger or a child. Each case should be judged individully not enmass.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Apr 11 12:41 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.