Postings by Guest ID 1109993

GO!

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Hannah Society ,Oregon a scam?

Barked: Wed May 9, '12 10:33am PST 
I attended the Pet Expo last weekend in Portland because we are looking to adopt a rescue dog.

We came across the Hannah Society and saw a few dogs that were cute. Upon talking to the saleswoman we would have to purchase the food service and vet for $60 per month. I mentioned that we already had a dog at home and would't want to be feeding 2 dogs 2 different types of food. She said then we should get our own home dog on the service too. Not the answer I was looking for.

Then I told her that we live 6 months in Florida and take our dog with us. So we wouldnt have use of their Vet or their food delivered to Florida. She then stated that we could "opt out" of the delivery service BUT it would cost us $600 !!!!

I'm sorry but I have been thinking about this for a few days now and all I can think is that this is a money making scam getting you stuck buying their food and using their vet. They are not doing it for the love of placing dogs. I find they are no better than a pet shop, I wonder where they get the dogs from anyway.
Bottom line they are in the business of selling food, dont kid yourself, It's more like get a free dog with your food service contract!

Get a pet that needs a home, go to the humane society and avoid pet exploitation.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Nov 8 8:58 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.