Postings by Guest ID 1081767

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Dog Health > Recommendations for agility activities for dog with hip dysplasia

Barked: Sun Nov 17, '13 3:27pm PST 
I have a 13yr old Border Collie who has had bad hips her whole life, really didn't affect her much until a couple of years ago when she could hardly get up off the floor. At the time I was rehabbing my other dog who had had ACL surgery, swimming was a huge help. I also had a physical therapist come to the house and the thing that made the biggest difference in both my dogs other than swimming was the balance exercises on either peanut balls, wobble boards or discs. My Border Collie put on a lot of muscle everywhere, she now gets up with ease. The peanut balls are amazing, the dogs use every muscle in their bodies to balance and it's a great mind exercise also.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sascha, Nov 21 9:40 pm

Dog Health > Stomach making noises, no other symptoms...

Barked: Sat Nov 9, '13 2:54pm PST 
She is possibly hungry, try giving her a cookie or a little food and see if it stops. One of my dogs used to do that and as soon as I gave him a small snack it stopped.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Nov 12 5:33 pm

Dog Health > Cranial Cruciate Ligament Rupture with no meniscal involvement

Barked: Tue Oct 1, '13 3:39pm PST 
I have a 40lb lab mix that had the fishing line surgery 2yrs ago. This past July he tore the other knee, I had the same surgery done. He is 11yrs old and doing great. I don't think doing the surgery will be an issue as long as the blood work is good. Also, it's the quickest way to get them back to normal.

Cindi
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tucker, CGC, TDI, Oct 2 3:06 pm

Dog Health > Dog with high liver values.....I need advice please!

Barked: Sat Sep 7, '13 3:46pm PST 
My dog had high ALT for quite some time. Trips to several vets came up with nothing conclusive. Finally found a vet determined to find the cause. I see you did ultrasound of the liver but did they ultrasound the gall bladder? If not I would have that done. My dog ended up having sludge in the gall bladder which raised the ALT. She is now on Ursidol and levels have been fine. Good luck with your dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Salsa, Sep 13 12:18 pm

Dog Health > CCL Tear and Allergies - Just a Mess

Barked: Fri Aug 16, '13 3:26pm PST 
Sorry you're having so many issues. I suggest you join Yahoo Ortho-dogs to address the ccl tear, there have been complications with the tightrope surgery, the group can explain. My dog had the traditional surgery on both knees the latest surgery being 6 weeks ago. he is a 40lb lab mix, but this surgery can be done on larger dogs also as long as you are diligent in the recovery period.
As far as the allergies many dogs have done very well on a raw diet or a grain-free diet. Another good group is Yahoo K-9 Nutrition, a lot of allergy discussions and supplement recommendations.

Good luck, hope things get better
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Pippin, Dec 17 6:07 am

Dog Health > It's been a while since we logged on, but one of the Hounds needs some PoTP!

Barked: Tue Jul 23, '13 3:39pm PST 
there is a Yahoo group called "Lymphoma Heart dogs"

Sorry to hear about your pup
[notify]
» There has since been 62 posts. Last posting by Missy , Sep 15 6:53 am

Dog Health > It's been a while since we logged on, but one of the Hounds needs some PoTP!

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 3:43pm PST 
Hi,
My neighbors dog, Sabrina presented the same way, with big lumps under the jaw, it was t-cell lymphoma. Sabrina had not been acting sick or anything, these lumps came out of nowhere and they were large. By the time she got her to the vet the next morning they had grown.

She opted to do chemo, Sabrina did fine on the chemo, other than having intermittent diarrhea and being tired some of the time she did quite well. T-cell lymphoma is more aggressive than B-cell (most dogs have B-cell) she passed away 10 months later, very sad time. If it is B-cell, with chemo some dogs can live up to 2 years or longer.

Saying a prayer for you and your pup.
Cindi
[notify]
» There has since been 98 posts. Last posting by Missy , Sep 15 6:53 am

Senior Dogs > Doggy Dementia

Barked: Thu Jul 11, '13 3:42pm PST 
I know exactly what you are talking about. I have a 19 1/2 yr. old border collie, sheltie mix who has been showing the same signs for the past year. She will walk in circles until she almost falls over, she has no idea where she is and not only does she poop in the house, she walks through it and eats it. It is heartbreaking to watch her and we are in the process of letting her go. The hard part is her body is still very healthy, and her appetite is great but her mind is gone.
There is a product called Cholodin that you can try, it didn't help my dog but I have heard good things about it.

Good luck
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Happy, Jul 25 8:36 am

Dog Health > Cruciate ligament surgery

Barked: Sat Apr 6, '13 3:24pm PST 
Hi,
My dog also had the tradtional surgery done in 2011, he is a lab mix. I did not have any recovery problems like you are describing. The only thing I can think of is a meniscus issue. I suggest you join yahoo ortho-dogs, there are alot of knowledgable people on it, they may be able to give you more insight.
And, yes you could still do a TTA or TPLO but I would want to know why this surgery didn't work if that is the case. Did you use an orthapedic surgeon?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 6 3:24 pm

Dog Health > Torn CCL: The Unforseen Consequences Of Conservative Care

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 3:31pm PST 
You are so right, the longer you wait the worse it becomes.
My dog had a partial tear 2 years ago, I tried to let it heal on its own, he would be better, then worse. We tried laser, Adequan injections, underwater treadmill, anything to avoid surgery. We kept him as confined as we could, one day while walking him he pulled really hard on the leash and started limping worse than ever. I scheduled his surgery right away, because I waited the 3 months his ligament was completly torn and he has mild to moderate arthritis in that knee. He is doing great now but if anything were to happen to his other knee he would be in surgery right away!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 13 3:31 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.