Postings by Guest ID 1068629

GO!

Red Heeler > New Heeler Owner-advice needed

Ares

Barked: Mon Nov 7, '11 12:41pm PST 
Got the puppy a little early along with his sister for my friend. Girl seems very intelligent and has already picked up on using the dog door. (Pups are 5-6 weeks old). Male hasn't QUITE got it and isn't AS playful as the female.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by kai, Nov 27 4:48 pm

Red Heeler > New Heeler Owner-advice needed

Barked: Sat Nov 5, '11 1:34pm PST 
Hi there,
I am getting a Red Heeler puppy in about 4 weeks. I keep seeing people say "Give them a job" (or a task) but I'm not exactly sure what this means. What type of job? How do you give a dog a job? I've had boxers, labs, and jack russels... so this breed is new to me and I want to make sure I train him correctly so he doesn't become destructive.

"Red Heelers need activities, tasks and lots of room to run; therefore, they are probably not suited for apartment living. Without open spaces and jobs to do, they can get into mischief and destructiveness.

A healthy Red Heeler can live as long as 15 years. Common health issues may include eye problems, hip dysplasia and deafness. Unless you live on a ranch, plan on keeping your Red Heeler on a leash. They are very curious and love to run and roam. "
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by kai, Nov 27 4:48 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.