Postings by Luke 's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 47: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Border Collie > New BC
Charlie

Barked: Sat Nov 23, '13 2:31pm PST 
Hello

Earlier this week we adopted a BC from the pound. He's 2, and fairly well behaved. We are working on an obsession with cats though. He loves to fixate and stare at them, which they don't particularly care for as you can imagine. Anyone have any suggestions for that?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Dulce, Dec 7 7:59 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Luke is gone
Luke

Proud to serve

Barked: Sat Nov 23, '13 2:16pm PST 
It's been a couple of months since he passed. I just couldn't make myself come here and say it.

He passed after becoming ill and getting diagnosed with Hemolytic Anemia. After treatment and an emergency blood transfusion it was discovered the real problem was Hermangiosarcoma. (Cancer) It was untreatable and we humanely euthanized him after giving him one last good day of everything he liked most.

He was the best dog. He was my best friend. I will never be whole again without him.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Angel Annie, Nov 26 8:23 am

Dog Health > Kennel cough quarantine

Luke

Proud to serve

Barked: Fri Nov 22, '13 2:04pm PST 
Hey all.

My Ma adopted a pup from the pound a week or so ago. She took him to the vet the next day and the little guy was burning up with a 104 something fever, severe ear infection and had kennel cough.

So now he has been on antibiotics for 8 days. His vet check up was today. He no longer has any fever, the ear infection is all gone, and he has no rattle in his chest. He is still on meds for a week or so more though. He does cough still occasionally.

Now, here is my question. Thanksgiving is next week and the family plans to get together. This would mean my 2 dogs and my inlaw's dog would all be with her dog. One vet says it is ok after 7 days. One says 10 days. One says 1 month.

shock

What do we do? I don't want my babies to get ill. (All three dogs have been vaccinated against kennel cough, and so has the sick one. Apparently in the sick one's case it was too late and he already had it or the vacc didn't work.)

With three vets saying different times, we don't know who to believe. We don't want to screw up Thanksgiving, but we don't want to make healthy dogs ill.

Help?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bunny, Nov 22 2:10 pm

Dog Health > Diarrhea...please help!

Luke

Proud to serve

Barked: Mon May 13, '13 8:19am PST 
I've never switched food.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Dozer, May 14 1:50 pm

Dog Health > Diarrhea...please help!

Luke

Proud to serve

Barked: Mon May 13, '13 6:57am PST 
My golden retriever has had the trots on and off for over a month now. She's on flea and tick preventative, she's on Iverheart so she's wormed, and she eats a good quality kibble (Acana). I'm at my wits end. She a service dog, but I am unable to use her as such because of her stomach issues. I can't risk her having a bout in the middle of a store, you know? This is stressful as heck for me because as a disabled person I need her help. I can't take her places with me, and I am afraid to leave her home alone as well for fear I'll come home to poopmageddon.
I tried adding pumpkin to her kibble and I thought I had found the fix as she had nice regular stool for several days. Yesterday I was out of pumpkin so I added some oatmeal to her kibble (fiber). This morning she ran out the door and made a poo puddle again.

I seriously need some help here. The vet suggested taking her off food until it cleared up, which we did, but once we started feeding again, it's back. cry
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Dozer, May 14 1:50 pm

Dog Health > Seizure?
Luke

Proud to serve

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 7:20am PST 
The dog is 2 and a half. My mother doesn't have internet service so she cannot join the forums.

One of my concerns with the dog is that he is very, very fat. He's a yellow lab, poorly bred to begin with, and he is a good 25lbs overweight. (Last weigh in was 110lbs.)

He is on a good food. I believe it's grain free. However my mother treats him to fatness. She stuffs his kong with braunschwager to keep him quiet when she leaves for work, and she also gives him "just a bite" of this, "just a bite" of that all the time.

When I protested her poor feeding habits, I was told my dogs are too skinny and I don't know what I am talking about. (I have vet verification that my dogs are in fantastic shape weight and otherwise.) It's like she cannot SEE the fat on her dog. If you pat this dog on the flank, the jiggle lasts a full five seconds after you quit.

I'm at a loss on what to do. The vet still hasn't come up with a cause for the seizure, and she's been told by me, her friends, her vet that the dog is a massively obese.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 14 4:41 am

Dog Health > Seizure?

Luke

Proud to serve

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 11:30am PST 
Thank you for the helpful responses. Her dog is doing well and the vet has not come up with a cause at this point. Hopefully this was a one time issue and not an ongoing problem, but we'll see I guess.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Feb 14 4:41 am

Dog Health > Seizure?

Luke

Proud to serve

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 5:28am PST 
Ok, I thought this went without saying but apparently not. If all you're going to say is "go to the vet" then your response is not needed. My mother is intelligent enough to know to take her dog to the vet when he has a seizure.

Now, if you have EXPERIENCE with a dog with this issue, your response would be highly desirable.

Thank you
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Feb 14 4:41 am

Dog Health > Seizure?

Luke

Proud to serve

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 12:48am PST 
Shortly after 2am my Mother called freaked out saying her dog had a seizure. Post seizure he wouldn't come near her, take food or go outside. He even growled at her as if he didn't know her.
I don't know what to tell her. I've never had a dog with this issue.
She said he just wants to sleep now, and I told her to let him. There is nothing she can do, that I am aware of, until the vet opens in the morning and he's resting fine at this time.

Anyone else have this experience or have thoughts/advice?
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Feb 14 4:41 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Dog license?
Luke

Proud to serve

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '12 8:51am PST 
I was told a SD is entitled to a free license from your town or county etc. My town doesn't know of this. Can anyone point me to documentation to share with them?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Dec 29 10:18 am

(Page 1 of 47: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.