Postings by Cole's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

Behavior & Training > golden a year and a half wont walk good
Cole

Did somebody say- CHEESE?

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '12 6:55am PST 
Cole is also a terrible puller. I got a Sensation Harness for him and it worked wonderful. You hook the leash in the front/chest area instead of the back. So if and when they pull they end up pulling themselves back towards you. Took Cole about 30 seconds to figure it out!! There is also a version by Premeir called the Easy Walk Harness which can be found in stores and is quite a bit cheaper in price than the Sensation.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jun 12 12:49 pm

Behavior & Training > Must Reads for Owners of Fearful or Shy Dogs??
Cole

Barked: Thu May 26, '11 9:04am PST 
Cole has been a very shy dog since we got him. We have been working on it and he has made great improvments so far. I think at this point the only thing holding him back is me not knowing how to take the next step. I have done a few searches and see that Ali Brown's Scaredy Dog comes highly recomended. I am getting ready to order it and wanted to see if there were any others that you guys feel are must reads for owners with fearful pups.

Thanks in advance!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Risa W-FDM/MF RE RL1 CA CGC, May 26 4:29 pm

Behavior & Training > Does walking a dog down the road teach them it's ok to do even without you?

Cole

Barked: Tue May 24, '11 5:48am PST 
Thanks for all the reponses and ideas!! Cahndler that's exactly what I'm worried about.

Christmas I love your idea!! I think after we get back from our upcoming weekend trip we will start giving this a try!!

Thanks again,
Jamie & Cole
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cole, May 24 5:48 am

Behavior & Training > Does walking a dog down the road teach them it's ok to do even without you?

Cole

Barked: Mon May 23, '11 12:16pm PST 
Thanks for your help!!

How would I go about using the leash as a cue? Just make a really big deal out of putting it on and it being on as we leave the yard??
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Cole, May 24 5:48 am

Cole

Barked: Mon May 23, '11 11:53am PST 
Our dogs both go out to "do thier business" off leash. In fact they are rarley hooked up at all unless somthing is going on in the neighborhood that we know may peek thier interest. We are quite a bit away from the road, always keep a close eye on them and haven't had any problems.

I would like to start taking Cole out on leashed walks down the road when I get home from work. My concern is that if I start doing this he may think it's ok to hit the road when he wants to on his own. It's great that they both stay in the yard now and I don't want to ruin it!!

What's your thoughts????
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Cole, May 24 5:48 am

Behavior & Training > Underground Fences
Cole

Barked: Sun Apr 17, '11 5:27am PST 
I am looking into geting an underground fence system. Can anyone recomend any brands...Has to cover two acres for two 60 lbs dogs who are not stubborn in nature.

Haters need not reply...
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 17 4:21 pm

Behavior & Training > What NEW TRICK are you going to teach your dog this summer?

Cole

Barked: Tue Jun 22, '10 12:15pm PST 
Funny Natcho!! My fathers GSD will go open and take beer out of a cooler. Not something she was taught, just started doing it on her own. She doesn't bring it to you either. She has perfected the one tooth puncture and drink method!! BOL
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Chloe, KPA-CTP, Jun 24 10:14 am

Food & Nutrition > Out of ideas..help please!

Cole

Barked: Tue May 4, '10 12:54pm PST 
Cole has had some tummy issues although it is not vommiting but the other end. I was having a hard time getting him to eat much of anything. Wouldn't even touch canned. What seems to work for him is a packet of Culturelle (kids formula) in his evening meal. He is now on Pure Vita Chicken and Rice and is doing really well.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Last Ehco RPT CGN RNCL, May 4 7:05 pm

Food & Nutrition > Anybody Wanna Give me Some Ideas Here! :)

Cole

Barked: Fri Oct 30, '09 12:58pm PST 
Eagle Pack & califonia Naturals are pretty good
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Mojo, Nov 2 9:12 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Why doesn't anyone want me??
Cole

Barked: Tue Aug 11, '09 8:33am PST 
Oh Tommy the right family will come along. We will keep our paws crossed for ya. Too bad I can't have another, sounds like you would be great addition to any family!!

My boy's a Chow mix. Sweet as can be. Wouldn't trade him for anything!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Rabbit (2006 ~ 2008), Sep 9 3:30 pm

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.