Postings by The Hounds of Bassetville +3's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 347: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > It's been a while since we logged on, but one of the Hounds needs some PoTP!
Precious

Rub my belly!

Barked: Fri Sep 13, '13 8:10pm PST 
wave Hi guys! Sorry that it has been so long since I updated. I recently finished up with graduate school and started a full time job. That, combined with caring for Precious and the other houndies leave me with little internet time. Precious is doing really good. The vincristine still makes her sick for a few days but we mange her symptoms with medication and lots of pampering. Her lymph nodes are actually normal and the vet believes that she may be going into remission. cheer One more treatment until we get another break! Thanks for all of the support. I will try to get her blog updated this weekend.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Missy , Sep 15 6:53 am

Dog Health > It's been a while since we logged on, but one of the Hounds needs some PoTP!
The Hounds- of- Bassetville- +3

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Tue Aug 20, '13 9:17am PST 
We went in a day early for this weeks blood work. Last night Precious started acting like her hips were hurting, so we got an early appointment. It went well! The vet is pretty sure that the lump is just a fatty lump, but did a needle aspiration just in case. Her CBC was low at 3.2, but the vet was not concerned as it should start going up after today (we are at the last danger point day after the doxorubicin treatment). Her back knee joints were swollen, however the vet believes that it is arthritis rather than anything cancer related. She gave us trama dol for pain and said that she did not see anything that worried her too much.

Now, Precious is home. Conked out from the trama dollittle angel
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Missy , Sep 15 6:53 am

Dog Health > CT scan showed SLIGHTLY enlarged thyroid glands - do I do biopsy?

Precious

Rub my belly!

Barked: Mon Aug 19, '13 8:53am PST 
Snding hugs and well wishes to Tyson and your mom! We are going through a battle cancer now too, and it is scary. We are hoping and praying that you can kick cancer's butt! hughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 54 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Nov 7 12:16 pm

Senior Dogs > At what age should a dog's muzzle start going white?

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Fri Aug 16, '13 8:40pm PST 
Two of my bassets (Precious and Scout) started getting white around their muzzles at about 3. Like everyone else said, dogs vary just like humans.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Aug 21 12:53 am

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Fri Aug 16, '13 8:17pm PST 
Hi guys! So far, so good with the 4th treatment (doxorubicin). It is the strongest drug of her chemo protocol and she is doing pretty good. No nausea, but she is very tired and has been sleeping a lot. Wednesday night I found a new lump on her hip and am concerned about what it could be. I talked to our vet today and she wants me to watch it over the weekend and if it gets bigger we will go in Monday, if not, she wants to see her back Wednesday. NO CHEMO next week cheer but we need to see what this lump is. I am scared, of course, that the cancer is not responding to the chemo. I am trying to remain positive and focus on the fact that Precious is feeling pretty good. rainbow

My sweet girl...
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Missy , Sep 15 6:53 am

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Mon Aug 12, '13 8:29pm PST 
Just a happy update! It has been a really good week! No signs of nausea. She was tired for a couple of days, but she is feeling great now! One more chemo treatment before we get a one week break!
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Missy , Sep 15 6:53 am

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Wed Aug 7, '13 9:05pm PST 
We went for the 3rd round of chemo today. She is doing good, just tired. The vet lowered the pred nisone dose again today, and next week will be her last week on it. Her CBC came back good so we are keeping with the same chemo protocol. If she reacts like she did last time to this drug, the dosage will be lowered the next time it is given. One more treatment to go until we get a one week break! party

You can read more about today if you'd like on our blog: www.preciousfight.blog spot.com
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Missy , Sep 15 6:53 am

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 10:36am PST 
Precious is still feeling great! I think the lowered pred nisone dose is helping a lot. We go for the next chemo dose (vincristine) tomorrow. This the drug that made her sick before, so we are hoping that she will tolerate it better this time, while also preparing for a few bad days.
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Missy , Sep 15 6:53 am

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Thu Aug 1, '13 12:08pm PST 
Today she is tired, but she ate most of her breakfast this morning smile

Sweet Girl
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Missy , Sep 15 6:53 am

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Wed Jul 31, '13 11:35pm PST 
Don't tell me the spammers have invaded Dogster eeklaugh out loud

I have HAPPY news for once! Precious woke up this morning feeling good. Her appetite is back and no more diarrhea! She went for her second chemo treatment today which was an orally administered drug and her CBC count was good. She only lost half a pound due to her 3 day eating strike! Best of all, her lymph nodes are MUCH smaller! I know this will be a roller coaster of good days and bad days, but as long as we have the good days to look forward to, we wilk keep fighting.
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by Missy , Sep 15 6:53 am

(Page 1 of 347: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.