Postings by Lady (1999-2013)'s Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 74: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Someone 'hates' Champion Pet Foods.
Ginger

Barked: Fri Nov 8, '13 10:35am PST 
Sorry, but I sure don't believe a representative from Champion would state the response she claims they did. If so, I would hope the disgruntled employee got canned by now! My thoughts were that this is what SHE interpreted their response to mean to HER. One person's opinion really isn't enough to base a company on. I doubt there is ANY company that pleases everyone! I bet Champion is a whole lot better than Purina or any of those other companies that use tons of cheap fillers, low quality vitamin supplements, and artificial flavorings and preservatives!
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Firefly, Dec 2 7:35 am

Food & Nutrition > Problems with Purina T-Bonz and Purina Products?
Ginger

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 10:42am PST 
We stay FAR AWAY from anything Purina! They will use the cheapest ingredients they can find (it doesn't matter where it comes from).
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Oct 11 10:42 am

Food & Nutrition > Food switch and energy levels- Nutro Natural Choice

Ginger

Barked: Mon Sep 30, '13 10:18am PST 
I understand why you bought it at that price, but I wouldn't feed ANYTHING Nutro, not for any price! That's just me, but I'm sure there are a lot of others that would agree. After the food is gone, I would go back to something better again.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Darby, Oct 24 5:44 am

Food & Nutrition > need to switch from NV Instinct- lower cost/good quality

Ginger

Barked: Wed Sep 25, '13 10:12am PST 
We feed Horizon foods (Amicus and Legacy), but Horizon makes a lower cost single protein food called Pulsar as Moira mentioned. It is also a good food and we have fed it with no problems. I would sure choose it over any food made by Diamond! I think it runs about $40 for a 30 lb bag here, or $16.99 for an 8.8 lb bag. I believe the protein is in the 28% range. You can get either the chicken or the fish formula. It uses red lentils and peas also, instead of potatoes.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maddie, Sep 26 5:42 am

Food & Nutrition > Premium Dog Food Recommendations

Lilly

Barked: Tue Aug 27, '13 2:19pm PST 
My dogs are eating Amicus (made by Horizon) and they do very well on it. It is formulated for small and mini breed dogs. My dogs also do well on Horizon Legacy. We have fed Fromm also and use it sometimes as part of our rotation.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jellybean, Sep 16 10:05 pm

Food & Nutrition > Dog super gassy on Blue Buffalo. Recommend better food?
Ginger

Barked: Wed Aug 21, '13 9:35am PST 
Our dogs do well on Horizon (Legacy, Amicus, Pulsar) and Fromm (Four-Star formulas, especially the Duck & Sweet Potato). I have heard good things about Orijen and Acana too but have never used them. Stay far away from anything made by Diamond!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Aug 24 4:13 pm

Food & Nutrition > Fromm dog food...Opinions please

Ginger

Barked: Wed Aug 21, '13 9:31am PST 
Fromm is a great company and makes good foods. My dogs especially like the Duck & Sweet Potato formula. We haven't tried the grain free formulas though.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Aug 21 9:31 am

Food & Nutrition > Puppy on Nutro but thinking of switching...

Bella

Barked: Wed Aug 7, '13 10:05am PST 
Zeea, if you live in Canada, then you should have access to Horizon foods. They are made in Canada by a small Canadian company in their own facility using quality locally sourced ingredients. They make Legacy, Amicus, and Pulsar.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Tessa, Sep 14 5:58 pm

Food & Nutrition > Puppy on Nutro but thinking of switching...

Bella

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 10:24am PST 
I am not a fan of Nutro, so I would change to another brand. That's just me. A lot of dogs do well on Nutro and a lot don't do well on it. You just have to find what works for your pup. It can be a challenging process. We are currently feeding Amicus to all our dogs, including our 4 month old puppy. They do very well on it. Other foods we use are Horizon Legacy (Amicus is also made by Horizon), and we also use Fromm (the Four-Star formulas). My dogs don't do well on salmon based food or lamb based foods. Just about anything else is fine. If a food has a little bit of salmon further down the ingredients list, it is usually fine though. I avoid foods where salmon or lamb are the main ingredient though. Horizon is a great company and they make a puppy food in their Legacy line. Their foods are also appropriate for all life stages. Fromm makes their formulas all life stages but don't really have a designated puppy formula. Good luck with your search for the right food. It can be a challenge, but you will find something that works.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Tessa, Sep 14 5:58 pm

Food & Nutrition > Help choosing brand of kibble
Lady- (1999-2013)

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 10:15am PST 
First of all, I am not knowledgeable about Atypical Addison's Disease, but I would want to get all the information I can regarding diet for a dog with this condition before switching foods. I personally don't feed anything made by Diamond, period. That includes the previously mentioned foods. I would make sure to know the dietary needs of a dog with Atypical Addison's Disease and then research foods to see which ones are appropriate for this condition. Then, I would choose based on company first, then ingredients, and lastly price. I cannot advise you on which foods are appropriate and will not tell you to feed this or that because it is something I like. You need to be sure to do what is best for your dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lady (1999-2013), Aug 6 10:15 am

(Page 1 of 74: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.