Postings by Cody, Beulah, Buster & Wilbur's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Get Well Soon > 4th dog with cancer :(
"Cody"- Hershel

I'll bark if I- want to!!!

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 3:07pm PST 
Thank you all for your kind words. We are still deciding on what to do, whether it will be surgery and meds or meds only. The surgery is extremely invasive and they would have to cut open his pancreas. I don't know if I could do that to hm since the prognosis is only a year and the surgeon said that 100% come back even if it hasn't spread. He's been so happy with the "waggliest" tail I've ever seen and he's been beyond amazing with his recent blindness. So this is still hard to comprehend. My local vet said that maybe we were blessed with these dogs because we would be able to love and take care of them to the extent that we have. Our dogs are our children and have been a priority in our lives and not a day goes by where I don't tell these little furry ones how grateful I am to be their mommy.

-Gail
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Rocky *CGC* With the angels., Nov 16 3:29 am

Get Well Soon > 4th dog with cancer :(
Cody,- Beulah,- Buster &- Wilbur

We Rule!

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 4:23pm PST 
I can't believe I'm writing this. Last week I found out that my Cody Hershel has pancreatic cancer (insulinoma). He recently was diagnosed with glaucoma in one eye and received treatment from a canine Ophthamologist and 3 weeks ago lost his sight in the other eye. He's been getting around so perfectly so all seemed to be good. Last week he had his 6 month senior wellness exam and I found out this devastating news. What compounds this news is that 4 years ago, Beulah Belle (6years old at the time) had a mast cell tumor, which was treated successfully (surgically and with chemo and with radiation), 2 years ago Buster Elmer (9 years old at the time)was diagnosed with oral melanoma. He received every treatment and surgery available but he passed away last December 27th. In the meantime, Wilbur Bud (9 years old at the time) was diagnosed with adrenal cancer a little over a year ago and he is still holding on but the entire mass could not be removed. Now, Cody (10 years old) !!! I have asked the obvious question on whether there are problems with our home, water, yard,...the response is that this is highly unlikely since they are all different types. what are the odds of this happening with my four cocker spaniels. We did rescue another cocker earlier this year and he just turned 1 and he's doing great, as he should. My poor, poor Cody. The irony of this is that I've been saying to friends and family, regarding his eyesight, that "at least he doesn't have cancer" .
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Rocky *CGC* With the angels., Nov 16 3:29 am

Puppy Place > Brand New Puppy and Crate Training - HELP!

We Rule!

Barked: Fri Feb 24, '12 10:44am PST 
Thank you for the response. We got him from a rescue last weekend. I may have jumped the gun here and he has gotten better with the crate and has been sleeping in it at night. He is also progressing nicely with housebreaking. It's been 9 years since we did crate training and our other dogs, Wilbur and Beulah,were crate trained at the same time and were beyond perfect. Never an accident and they loved being in there. Now the issue is with teething and biting everything in sight. One day at a time.......ail

Thanks again!

G
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cody, Beulah, Buster & Wilbur, Feb 24 10:44 am

Puppy Place > Brand New Puppy and Crate Training - HELP!

We Rule!

Barked: Mon Feb 20, '12 3:36pm PST 
Hi,

We just rescued a cocker spaniel puppy on Saturday and he is 3 months old. We have 3 other cockers between 9 and 10 years old so It's been awhile since we did any crate training. We were so lucky with the others in that they liked the crate and did not pee or poop. This precious little guy has urinated and is barking his head off. Obviously, if he is out of the crate he's going in the house, i don't know if having the other dogs around and outside the the crate is causing this reaction but he is crying his little eyes out. Help!

Thanks,

Gail
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Cody, Beulah, Buster & Wilbur, Feb 24 10:44 am

Get Well Soon > Prayers needed

Wilbur Bud

Mr. Perfect!

Barked: Thu Jan 19, '12 6:00pm PST 
Thanks for still thinkng of us. I was wondering about something. I've noticed lately that Wilbur has been staring at a portrait of Buster. We have 4 large portraits of the pups (they are the ones that I use for their profile pics) over the fireplace and he sits on the sofa and stares at Buster's! I'm wondering if i'm imagining this but it still breaks my heart.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Wilbur Bud, Jan 19 6:00 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > RIP Duncan, 1995-2012

We Rule!

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 7:34am PST 
What a beautiful tribute to your life together. I am so sorry for your loss and I hope you take comfort in the amazing, full life you had and provided each other.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Eponine, Jan 27 12:07 pm

Wilbur Bud

Mr. Perfect!

Barked: Sun Jan 15, '12 7:41pm PST 
Hello!

We received good news on Friday and Wilby is doing very well. He is also as happy as can be and more energetic than I've seen him in a long time. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

Thanks,

Gail
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Wilbur Bud, Jan 19 6:00 pm

Wilbur Bud

Mr. Perfect!

Barked: Sun Jan 15, '12 2:47pm PST 
Hello!

We received good news on Friday and Wilby is doing very well. He is also as happy as can be and more energetic than I've seen him in a long time. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

Thanks,

Gail
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Wilbur Bud, Jan 19 6:00 pm

Wilbur Bud

Mr. Perfect!

Barked: Fri Jan 13, '12 1:33pm PST 
Thanks for thinking of us and we received really good news on Wilbur. I will hear about his blood tests tomorrow but Dr. Clifford thought he was doing great. We take each day as it comes and hopefully Buster is watching out for us up at the Rainbow Bridge.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Wilbur Bud, Jan 19 6:00 pm

Wilbur Bud

Mr. Perfect!

Barked: Thu Jan 12, '12 7:46pm PST 
Hello Everyone,

Since we had the devastating loss of our sweet, sweet Buster Elmer, it's been a bit difficult to deal with any more upsetting news. Tomorrow I take Wilbur back up to Red Bank for his check up. He's been so lively and has had more energy since his surgery than he has had in years so, he seems to be doing well. I still can't help but think that Buster was doing so great on December 2nd when I took both him and Wilbur up to Red Bank where they received glowing reports. I have noticed that Wilbur has been taking Buster's loss the hardest. They were "spoon buddies" when I mentioned Buster's name he started looking around for him and became agitated. Please, please, please send your positive thoughts so that we have more time with our Wilby!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Wilbur Bud, Jan 19 6:00 pm

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.