Postings by Marli Rose's Family

GO!

Vizsla > Pointing

Marli Rose

What was that?!?

Barked: Mon Dec 29, '08 5:05am PST 
We just adopted a Vizsla mix and she has "pointed" twice now while walking her. I'm not sure what she was pointing at but both were perfect points and quite beautiful. She is only about a year old. Is this common in Vizsla's?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Alma, Apr 20 6:47 am

Behavior & Training > Christmas dog video-- well trained!
Marli Rose

What was that?!?

Barked: Mon Dec 29, '08 4:57am PST 
That was cool!applause
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bella Jean Shanti, Dec 29 2:27 pm

Behavior & Training > Getting them ready....

Bingo

Whatcha eatin'?

Barked: Sun Dec 28, '08 4:05am PST 
Please let me know how well those things work. Mom's been thinking about getting one and if it's better than those nasty clippers, then I want one too.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Nina, Jan 2 6:05 pm

Dog Health > Lots of teeth pulled...

Bingo

Whatcha eatin'?

Barked: Sun Dec 28, '08 3:37am PST 
I've lived with only three teeth for about three years now and I can still chow down on any bone. It may take me longer but I can do it on occasion. Mom does still give me canned food every day and boy are they suckers for some handouts. I've even heard them talking about putting me on a diet, oh the horror!! Get well soon and lots of hugs!hug
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by ^Raggs^ - RIP, Dec 28 6:22 pm

Behavior & Training > I'm at a loss...less exercise....more calm?

Bingo

Whatcha eatin'?

Barked: Sat Dec 27, '08 3:20am PST 
I'm not a behaviorist nor do I play one on TV but that advice for a working dog just seems totally wrong. I would get another opinion. Have you asked the behaviorist his/her reasoning or research behind this theory?
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Dec 28 10:25 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Merry Christmas EVERYFUR!
Bingo

Whatcha eatin'?

Barked: Fri Dec 26, '08 6:48am PST 
Merry Christmas to you and have a happy new year. New here ourselves and am learning what is all available. We are from GA.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bingo, Dec 26 6:48 am

Behavior & Training > Funny store about how quickly dogs can learn (to do the wrong thing)

Bingo

Whatcha eatin'?

Barked: Fri Dec 26, '08 6:40am PST 
laugh out loud that's funny
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Moira, Dec 26 10:40 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Merry Christmas

Bingo

Whatcha eatin'?

Barked: Wed Dec 24, '08 12:28pm PST 
Merry Christmas everyone! Just found this place and it seems friendly enough. I've been with this family for about 3 years where I was rescued from some horrible conditions. I was starving, literally and had lost most of my teeth due to malnutrition. But now I'm home and am often called, "Fat Dog." Isn't that great. I got a new sister named Marli Rose. She's alright but doesn't do much but lay around half scared to death. One thing is great is that she doesn't eat all her food, so I can get in there and sneak it when no one is looking. Well, glad to meet everyone and have a great holiday, with lots and lots to eat.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tato, Dec 24 3:26 pm

Behavior & Training > Very Scared Rescue

Marli Rose

What was that?!?

Barked: Wed Dec 24, '08 12:06pm PST 
We rescued Marli Rose about 5 weeks ago. She was very scared with tail tucked and a worried look. We knew that she was going to require a lot of work and patience before getting her so now I'm asking for advice. When we first brought her home she was very nervous but settled onto the couch and stayed there. She would not leave the couch unless someone took her out to potty or walked her into the kitchen to offer drink/food. The second day, I was taking her for a walk when she got loose from her collar. She found her way back to our home where she spent the next three days circling and barking at the house. She would whine to come in but would not walk all the way in until the third day. Once in, she stayed on the bed or couch and would not leave the spot until one of us led her to another location. She has gotten away from us on two other occasions and followed a similar pattern as above. When she's outside during the day she seems to have fun with the other dogs but at night she wants to come in but acts scared too. She is back inside with us currently and we walk her at least 2 miles a day and have taken her out on a long lead to play with the other dogs but she will just sit there and not participate. We really want her to be happy and would love for her to learn that she can go outside and inside the house. We live on a large farm surrounding other large farms and the neighbor's dog is always over playing with our dog. Some improvements have been her getting off the couch to follow one of us to another room and the last time she got loose, she stayed closer to us outside. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else we can do to make her feel more confident?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sunny, Dec 24 2:21 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.